Zayed University Employee Reviews

Great salary and colleagues, horrible educational environment.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 5, 2019
Outstanding salary and benefits, and great colleagues. However, the administration is moving the wrong direction as far as educational excellence. The emphasis is on compliance with arbitrary rules and procedures that harm the teaching and learning environment. Teachers have no freedom design instruction that address learning needs.
Pros
monetary benefits
Cons
classrooms overlaoded with students who barely speak English.
Amazing place
INTERNSHIP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  DubaiMarch 4, 2019
It was one of my best experiences in life working there as an Internship Assistant was really interesting and it was the first job I had in my life , I was a studying there at the same time and the working environment I had was so joyful with lots of activities on and outside the campus, were we had met the most VIPs and powerful people in the UAE.
Academic Bridge Program is being discontinued
Instructor for the Academic Bridge Program (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 26, 2019
The Academic Bridge Program where I've worked several years is being discontinued. There is really no telling what kind of job new hires to the newly inaugurated CELL program, starting Fall 2019, will have.
Pressure less work place
Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 12, 2018
A Great place for work life balance. Have flexible timings to choose from. Comp offs are provided if worked over weekends or nights. There are many campus activities like gym, lawn tennis, batminton coures, swimming pool etc. The management has been focusing on making the university into more researches in diverse fields.
Productive and fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubai, Silicon OasisOctober 28, 2018
Productive and fun workplace, no job security, good working hour, good benefits, good working environment.
Learned a lot, Management is supportive, great.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Job insecurity
Productive & Great Place to Work
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 23, 2018
I have worked with Zayed University for last 18 years and it has been a great place work. Zayed University is a leading University in UAE and provides Wonderful work atmosphere for its employees.
No longer a viable place to work.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 21, 2018
Unfortunately since 2012 or so the university has crumbled. The managers have no clue what they are doing and run their departments by threatening to fire everyone (which means visa cancellation, have to leave the country etc...). The salaries have not kept up with the inflation and the addition of the VAT tax, and now housing is a cash allotment which is not adequate, especially for those with families. The country is amazing, the university is horrid...look elsewhere.
Pros
Nice buildings, students are nice, country is safe.
Cons
Salaries insufficient, leadership has no idea how to run a university, nepotism is rampant
It was good until poor management took over
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJuly 16, 2018
Everyone is in fear of being fired. Faculty/staff spend the majority of their time trying to figure out who to suck up to and how instead of actually doing their jobs. Management relies on fear mongering and bullying to manage. Leaders are non existent. Compensation has not kept up with the cost of living increases in the UAE, and now housing benefits have been slashed as well. Work environment is horrible, nobody should consider ZU unless you are absolutely desperate for a job.
Productive and fun place to work with. Supportive colleques
SERVICE DESK ANALYST (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 4, 2018
The work environment is very soothing. Spacious work place, supportive and fun-loving collegues, attractive payment and less stressfull work. Working with faculty and students is a different experience.
Pros
Many events, free food
Cons
No value for performance
No comment
Instructor / Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 24, 2018
Each faculty member has difference experiences according to the College that they belong to.
I was very happy working in the College of Communications - no so in University College which is plagued by poor leadership.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management
Administrative Assistant/ (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiApril 11, 2018
I work in Zayed University as temporary position with 6 months contract . We learn many new things each semester & wonderful research opportunities. Learned how to manage my time, work under pressure, and deal with issues.
fun time
dean (Current Employee) –  JumeirahMarch 22, 2018
It is very productive to cooperate with the University colleagues such as fun areas from sports day, to hang up dinners, trips and even other recreational corners.
Pros
free lunches, transport, housing, funiture, ticketing
Cons
conferences, lectures extended hours
outgoing colleages ,freedom of speech ,treatment of colleages equally
Clubs manager/student - student clubs (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 7, 2018
Promoting the development of new ideas for events, management of clubs, working with a variety of people.
the management was well organized; it allowed freedom of speech and acceptance of workers.
studnet affairs
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 21, 2018
it is a nice place to work and it is very inspiring. the place developed my self esteem and gained more knowledge about how to deal with people and all the requirments of a customer care.
I am comfortable for all type of work .
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 6, 2018
Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.) and report when there are shortages.
 Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
 Responsible to handle the telephone inquiries.
 Assist the reception in Campus services and arrange incoming and outgoing mail as well.
Good students and faculty. Incompetent administration
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Dubai, AEDecember 27, 2017
Good students and faculty. Incompetent administrators. Little or no-transparency. No standards of excellence, apart from nominal statements.

Nice campus in Dubai. Good size offices. Decent cafeteria/food.

Standard academic calendar. Slightly longer semesters than in the US/Canada.

Some faculty have excellent qualifications and publication records.

Some faculty have no publications.
Pros
Good students and faculty
Cons
Incompetent administrators. No transparency.
Stressful and un healthy workplace
Associate Professor of Statistics (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 26, 2017
It is an unhealthy workplace. The dean was unfair and prejudice. Higher management lack of experience. Not recommended for professors who have dignity
Conducting an Experiment
Research assistant (Part-time job) (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 12, 2017
To conduct any experiment, there would be brainstorimg for ideas, planning for dealines to finish each step of the experiment. Having a group meeting to disscuss the responsibilities of each member and disscuss about the data or the results of the experiment in the group meeting.
Pros
Very flexible schedule and timings
Cons
Working till 4 pm
Beautiful Campus
English Composition Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 7, 2017
Very modern, well designed and furnished structure and campus. Segregation between males and females was annoying as I had my office hours in the males campus so my female students couldn't come to my interestingly decorated office. I taught part time three days a week in the afternoon, I enjoyed teaching but not grading papers especially writing or composition classes as my local students were in general very weak in English especially the ones who were less fortunate to go to private schools.
Pros
Free buffet at conferences or meetings
Cons
Lot of walking between campuses
service provider company
Receptionist Al Jaber Coin/Serco, Zayed University (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 30, 2017
m very lucky and happy to here in this environmental area .always getting chance to learn new things and build my talent as well experience..i m a team worker hard worker managing the timing with my work