Zayed University

Zayed University Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates63 reviews
Zayed University values the education of women. The new advising program was focused on student success and they gave me the oppportunity to design and develop the program.
A good place to work if you can manage to become an insider since there is too much grouping and some times internal hirings are done so people might feel discriminated at some point.
one of the best places to work in, you free gym activity and couch that can help you and support you , the library, the green out door garden, nice people and nice culture.
A student majoring Psychology and Human Services. I studied there for 6 years. the first two years are foundation and general studies.
Then, I toke the major for 4 years.
Pros
gain lots of skills and built up my personality
Cons
some strugglers in doing schedule for the semester
the most enjoyable part of working here in zayed is all the staffs are friendly managers are good and not giving much preassure to the staffs everyone treats each others like a family.
as an intern I got to experience many new ways of running an industry. I was in charge of minor things like maintaining dates on the event planners, printing posters and other busy work. this job taught me modesty. I believe everyone has to start at the bottom and this was a very fun atmosphere to get that experience. the staff were very kind and were sure to make use of a young interns help such as myself.
Outstanding salary and benefits, and great colleagues. However, the administration is moving the wrong direction as far as educational excellence. The emphasis is on compliance with arbitrary rules and procedures that harm the teaching and learning environment. Teachers have no freedom design instruction that address learning needs.
Pros
monetary benefits
Cons
classrooms overlaoded with students who barely speak English.
Fast paced, dynamic work environment with amazing opportunities to deploy the latest and greatest in technology. Fun but yet highly skilled team of engineers very capable engineers with a great attitude.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Contract
It was one of my best experiences in life working there as an Internship Assistant was really interesting and it was the first job I had in my life , I was a studying there at the same time and the working environment I had was so joyful with lots of activities on and outside the campus, were we had met the most VIPs and powerful people in the UAE.
The Academic Bridge Program where I've worked several years is being discontinued. There is really no telling what kind of job new hires to the newly inaugurated CELL program, starting Fall 2019, will have.
A Great place for work life balance. Have flexible timings to choose from. Comp offs are provided if worked over weekends or nights. There are many campus activities like gym, lawn tennis, batminton coures, swimming pool etc. The management has been focusing on making the university into more researches in diverse fields.
Productive and fun workplace, no job security, good working hour, good benefits, good working environment.
Learned a lot, Management is supportive, great.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Job insecurity
I have worked with Zayed University for last 18 years and it has been a great place work. Zayed University is a leading University in UAE and provides Wonderful work atmosphere for its employees.
Unfortunately since 2012 or so the university has crumbled. The managers have no clue what they are doing and run their departments by threatening to fire everyone (which means visa cancellation, have to leave the country etc...). The salaries have not kept up with the inflation and the addition of the VAT tax, and now housing is a cash allotment which is not adequate, especially for those with families. The country is amazing, the university is horrid...look elsewhere.
Pros
Nice buildings, students are nice, country is safe.
Cons
Salaries insufficient, leadership has no idea how to run a university, nepotism is rampant
Everyone is in fear of being fired. Faculty/staff spend the majority of their time trying to figure out who to suck up to and how instead of actually doing their jobs. Management relies on fear mongering and bullying to manage. Leaders are non existent. Compensation has not kept up with the cost of living increases in the UAE, and now housing benefits have been slashed as well. Work environment is horrible, nobody should consider ZU unless you are absolutely desperate for a job.
The work environment is very soothing. Spacious work place, supportive and fun-loving collegues, attractive payment and less stressfull work. Working with faculty and students is a different experience.
Pros
Many events, free food
Cons
No value for performance
Each faculty member has difference experiences according to the College that they belong to.
I was very happy working in the College of Communications - no so in University College which is plagued by poor leadership.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management
I work in Zayed University as temporary position with 6 months contract . We learn many new things each semester & wonderful research opportunities. Learned how to manage my time, work under pressure, and deal with issues.
It is very productive to cooperate with the University colleagues such as fun areas from sports day, to hang up dinners, trips and even other recreational corners.
Pros
free lunches, transport, housing, funiture, ticketing
Cons
conferences, lectures extended hours
Promoting the development of new ideas for events, management of clubs, working with a variety of people.
the management was well organized; it allowed freedom of speech and acceptance of workers.
it is a nice place to work and it is very inspiring. the place developed my self esteem and gained more knowledge about how to deal with people and all the requirments of a customer care.