Weatherford Employee Reviews

Found 161 reviews matching the search See all 3,502 reviews
Excellent company
Well intervention engineer (Former Employee) –  Abi DhabiOctober 25, 2019
Great work place with a greater work force and really good perks if you are talented . Have a good chance to climb up the ladder with the career path in place
Focus on the company and your individual exper
Operations Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesSeptember 1, 2019
I worked with Weatherford more than 10 years, One of the best Company in the World to work with, The Rig Business was sold because of Market Condition and as part of the Restructure I got redundant, I still prefer to rejoin the Company in future any Opening arise.
Productive place
Freelance Civil & Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 12, 2019
It was a good place to work as I had good lead Engineers to support. I joined ad senior Engineer and became Lead Engineer to mange complete civil and Structural activities along with coordination with construction and Commissioning activities.
Pros
Good benefits like kids education and medical
Cons
Job security
Productive and fun work place with friendly management and staff
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Saudi Arabia & DubaiJuly 12, 2019
Enjoyed my tenure working with Weatherford. Very co-operative and friendly mangement and staff of various cultures. No pressure from management as long as you complete the given tasks on a timely basis
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Flexible working hours
It is great company need a lot of support to be in the right track
Global Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai UAEJune 8, 2019
The company need time to pickup again we worked hard in our product line but we are facing difficulties to move on with the winning projects and opportunities
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad stability
A very good company to work with
Bid Support and Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 11, 2019
Weatherford International plc, an Irish-domiciled company, is one of the largest multinational oil and natural gas service companies. The company provides products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, along with pipeline construction and commissioning. Headquartered in Baar, Switzerland, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries across the globe and employs more than 35,000 people (2016)
Source: Wikipedia
Exposure with Experience
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneJanuary 31, 2019
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology, and services to the oil and gas industry
Great company
DATABASE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 24, 2019
Good Company, great experience.
I got a lot of experience which improve my skills and helped me to grow in my careers, received Oracle training and others training.
The only problem is the commuting facilities.
Pros
Great
Cons
Out of State
A company in distress
Global Director of Health, Safety, and Environment (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 24, 2019
Weatherford was a struggling company during my tenor. The division I worked for lacked leadership and had no clear plan forward. This created an environment uncertainty for the team, especially since the president of our division was very reactionary and had a shoot from the hip type of management style.
Pros
Cons
Lack of job security
WDI not very enjoyable
Senior Toolpush (Former Employee) –  Middle EastJanuary 18, 2019
WDI employment was a decision that was made during slowdown in Canada. It was a job, but was sent to Lybia, and Iraq. Working in Iraq was not a pleasant experience for myself as the rig was in close proximity of the war torn happenings.
Family like workplace at WFT Dubai Engineering
Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 13, 2019
- Work like a family within this dept.
- All engineers are very helpful
- Manager is awesome
- Whatever learned regarding the industry is learnt here
- flexible working hours as long as you complete your assigned work/ project
Family oriented company where everyone know everyone
Fishing & Re-Entry Tools Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 8, 2019
A good company to work for, appreciate the knowledge and skills. Need to focus on management improvements, system optimization. The company need to work on hiring process as well and apply more screening.
productive,fun place with a ping pong table
Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 1, 2019
usually start the day at 5am, tried accomplishing tasks without having to run my head into the concrete walls around my work area !

i learned never to trust the natives to get almost anything done..... and.... when you did find a competent native,the other native would do anything to sabotage his/or her work

workplace culture was such that i was able to learn arabic on my coffee breaks with the local staff

most enjoyable part of the job was the good friends i made with the local people we interacted with
Pros
heat/ sand
Cons
heat/ sand
A very family environment
UAE, Field Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dubai, AEDecember 14, 2018
Although Weatherford is the first point of my career entry to the corporate world and I was kind of new to the industry, in no time I could figure that it is more of a family affair there where everyone is some how connected to the other one. Not much of a diversity which is a factor for me I would say.
Great International Workplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 31, 2018
Very supportive Management helping you achieve work-life balance.
Job culture is also great. Salaries and benefits are one of the best in the industry. Great International experience
expert and professional
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 18, 2018
Professional workplace, where you work with fun and enhanced your knowledge in multi department and their courses are great, it is continuous learning
Weatherford - Fun
Lead / Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 16, 2018
Working at Weatherford was really fun. I was in a lot of pressure in delivering results. But to work under pressure was challenging & tiring, I have learned how to manage my time for my work & family.
Good
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 9, 2018
Good people with ever changing leadership. The company has an aggressive growth plan which did not work well with company profile. I enjoyed the challenges.
Overall Satisfactory
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  United Arab Emirates - Abu DhabiOctober 6, 2018
Overall the Oil & Gas Service complies (i.e. Schlumberger, Halliburton, Weatherford & others) are straggling in the long downturn of the oil. Weatherford in deed has, its own challenges due to the debit burden. Which was the result of a lot of merger & acquisition over the last 10 years, without proper due diligence & integration. As the result we left with 30 payroll system and multi ERPs and very different & challenging process in each filed.
Working in Weatherford is very interesting as you have challenge everyday and improvement is continues process with a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Work life balance
Productive.
Liner Hanger Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middle eastSeptember 7, 2018
The best working environment, with a progressive employee training development plan. Reliable products that make you feel confident to deploy under challenging condition.