Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive and continuous learning
commis I (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahSeptember 9, 2018
I have worked with Waldorf for the past five years. I would say it has been a roller coaster ride. Yet I have learned so many things as individual and as a professional.

Everyday, I get ready early for work and prepare for the tasks ahead. I do a la carte dessert orders for the Hotel's major outlets for their daily operations. I also do high tea orders served in our hotel's lobby and lounge.

We are also given opportunity to work in other kitchens by conducting staff rotation at least twice a year.

I work with different raises and culture. From our Executive Pastry Chef, to our colleagues and acquaintances. We are all team players and we believe that if we work as one, we will achieve our goals and complete our tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know that you are united and one with your team and you feel like you are working with your family.
Pros
unlimited meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
less employee benefits especially health benefits which is most important
very productive
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ras Al KhaimahJuly 24, 2018
i grown to better hotelier for the fact that lots of courses are done, guess experience matters. as a luxury hotel we are required to best all our best.
Pros
food provided at work and accommodation
Cons
normal working hours
Friendly staff fully motivated.. very good managers
Lifeguard supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahMay 31, 2018
Everyone are helpful management great,good team work and communication,caring it's other good accommodation,well accommodate team...always smiling staff that attrack and get the feeling of guest that they are in luxury hotel.
Pros
Free lunch, accommodation and transportation
Cons
Working hours 9 including break
Very good place to learn many things about hospitality
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahMay 18, 2018
Interesting workplace, creative staff, good surrounding with own gardens, beautiful pools, and pools restaurant. Staff Accommodation is not so good but the gym is very good with good exercise equipment.
Banquet supervisor (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 14, 2018
Great place to work good experience . as this was my first place to start career in dubai the most important i want to share is that my colleague they were really motivating each other,
Productive and innovative
Chef De Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab EmiratesApril 13, 2018
The place push you to be your best. Had a great employee relation, strives for excellence, managers and staff always willing to go the extra mile for each other
Pros
health benifits
Cons
one day off a week
Interesting
Front Desk Agent-Team leader (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 6, 2018
Working at Waldorf Astoria is an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I learned every single day.
good nvironment
housekeeping Room attendent (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 14, 2017
i learn handling the different types of guests. the management is good friendly atmosphere.the most enjoyable day part of the job good feed back from the guests.
Nice working place to grow
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 20, 2017
This place was my first job where I learned so many things from my managers and training team. All the Waldorf team was so dedicated to work and to provide value to the customers which were the best part.
team with great teamwork
bellman (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 20, 2017
department leader are the best and very friendly with coworkers. I learned the suituation handling which our leaders give us a great oppurtunity to learn.
Pros
lunches
Cons
long hour
supportive and positive outlook
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  waldorf astoria dubai palm jumeirahNovember 5, 2017
Best place that I've work with so far. They encourage growth and supportive in any decisions that you might chose. Great team work in my department. Free food, free accommodation, free transportation and very considerable.
Pros
no over times and salary on time
Cons
accommodation is far
Friendly team members and lovely workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneOctober 23, 2017
weekends are so terrible but at least you get speed with helpers given,luxury makes it more unique and hard but its a pleasure to work with them because to get to known about people
Pros
free lunch dinner and accommodation
Cons
minmum hours
good place to start your career
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Ras Al KhaimahOctober 12, 2017
good place to start your career. Company provides with food+ accomodation and gives chances for crosstraining. Hotel is very busy, extra hours are not paid
Pros
interesting work
Cons
no work/life balance
Basketball
commis 2 (Former Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahOctober 10, 2017
Waldorf astoria is good brand for me i learned a lot in this company they motivate all the team members. They giving good service to the guest and for all the team member
Pros
Free food
Great place work with
Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 27, 2017
it is pleasure to work such a great brand such Waldorf Astoria. Management is the great one i have ever worked with. i enjoy working at my work place with my team mates.
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 7, 2017
Such a nice hotel to work with good benefits and good accommodation provided by the company/ very good staff providing training classes on regular basis managers are fabulous Hr department is supportive
Pros
Free food
Captain (Current Employee) –  JumeirahAugust 14, 2017
good care to staff, great place to work , great place to learn about hotels and operation, good caring to guest through maintaining the standerds results good review and good buisiness
Depends on your Manager
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 12, 2017
Hilton in general is a nice place to work. Policies are structured and you can learn a lot. However career advancement and working culture depends on your Manager
good environment and fun work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahAugust 4, 2017
Delivering luxury service in every single guest as well as to their team members. The company also has the number spot when it cones to online reviews such as Trip advisor and Booking.com.
Pros
Free food, transportation and accomodation
football and research for new things
Safety and security supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahJuly 31, 2017
great to work in a reputed company like Waldorf Astoria, handling people from various continents and countries difficult and i have learned how to manage different individuals, the management of Waldorf Astoria has been awesome, the culture of work at Waldorf Astoria have been TEAM WORK and hard working, the hardest part of the job is to get the 100 percent of my target on daily basics, Team work has been the most enjoyable part of my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Reviews by Location