University of Sharjah Employee Reviews

work routine and acquired skills
Tutor (Former Employee) –  SharjahSeptember 14, 2018
I start working after the lectures or if I have a long break. The lessons are for 2 to 3 hrs/day. through this experience I improved my teaching and comunication skills and I become able to diliver the information clearly to the students, I also learned how to prioritize and manage the time between work and studying. I had to look for empty rooms to give the lessons in the university laibrary and it was hard somtime to find, and the place was not always quiet. I made new friendships with the students and this is the part that I liked the most.
Managed work place
Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  SharjahApril 18, 2018
Exellent place to upgrade self and learn new things and gain experience well coordinated managed staff are kind polite and very helpful.atmosphere is great and motivating
Pros
Free lunch
Procurement Dept
store assistant keeper (Current Employee) –  sharjahMarch 26, 2018
Working as store assistant keeper in procurement dept.
Checking deliver note and invoice ,receive voucher from company.
Making technical report, prepare the documents to finance dept.
Making issue voucher and receiving voucher from system.
Making items coding, stock checking.
Finance helpers (Former Employee) –  SharjahFebruary 11, 2018
I've Learned how to use the university system.
• Worked as a customer service.
• Checked student's financial statements and accounts.
• Cheques entry
• Solving problems that may occur
• Dealt with different types of people and nationalities.
Pros
Free lunch
good
Part Time Research assistant (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 1, 2018
I was working part-time, therefore, it doesn't really matter. in general, the pay is extremely high for full-time employees and the workload is relatively low
This is a review summary of my work and life at the University of Sharjah
Full Time EFL Teacher (Current Employee) –  SharjahDecember 21, 2017
I work from 8:00am to 3:00 pm. I teach 20 hours a week. I teach general, academic and TOEFL/IELTS courses.The management of my department is friendly as long as things go smoothly. , but I should say that it is not a democratic one. It just listens to people who are part of the management team. It is not easy to be promoted for most teaching staff. The workplace culture is ok. Colleagues and management are friendly in normal situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different students from different countries. When I see my students pass IELTS or TOEFL and meet the university language requirement, I feel happy. It is a great advantage that I live on campus. This saves me a lot of time and effort.
Pros
My accommodation is on campus
Cons
no job security
good place and environment
Research Assistance (Current Employee) –  SharjahNovember 22, 2017
University of Sharjah one of the biggest and good university in Arabian Gulf. it has a big number of students from different countries, and the environment of this university is very good and useful.
Work experience is beneficial in building a clear idea of employment life after graduation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deanship of Academic Support ServicesNovember 13, 2017
My part-time job at University of Sharjah was one that i greatly enjoyed since it gave me the opportunity to expand my field of experience in a position that is different from my college major.
Communication skills and microsoft excel statistical work skills have been intensely improved.
Academic Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  SharjahNovember 11, 2017
The usual day starts with Professors giving us tasks such as; download raw data from certain websites and to filter them in accordance with their research.

The work place culture was very friendly, as the professors were open to any questions or doubts.

As i was new to this field, so at the beginning i faced issues in understanding and summarizing the articles for professors research, but later on got used to it.

What i loved about the job was insight on different aspects of research assistant's job.
Pros
Friendly environment
fun work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  SharjahNovember 1, 2017
its nice and productive , fun to work in, it has a lot of team work and you need to be hyper active in order to be satisfied and happy
if it was a full time job it would have been better
Good place to study
Student (Former Employee) –  SharjahOctober 11, 2017
University of Sharjah is an old university with multiple colleges. Health Sciences college has well knowledge doctors with good qualifications. its graduating every year more than 1000 student.
Productive , Fun Workplace , knowledgeable place
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SharjahSeptember 23, 2017
I worked as a Computer Lab Supervisor, the environments so excited and full of learning , training , workshops , .....etc.

i worked as s supervisor with women campus and with Men's as well
Pros
Full Time
Cons
Long intensive working hours
Productive and gain skills
Managing (Former Employee) –  SharjahSeptember 15, 2017
Enjoyable work and introducing more people to this job will make it bigger and much famous plus the team work environment is the best thing overall because it must include working with different sexes and communicating with levels of people.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Requires work in dif
Productivity, and friendly staff
PAYABLE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  SharjahAugust 2, 2017
I found this place comfortable than any place before. Which is fun and easy to contact with others. The environment here is so friendly, nice, understandable.
Diverse culture
Network Admin (Former Employee) –  SharjahJuly 9, 2017
Diverse culture; networking opportunities with interesting people from around the world; a unique experience; reasonable resources.
Excellent work environment and working hours
Fare enough
Adminstration (Former Employee) –  SharjahJuly 8, 2017
Was fair experience, acceptable. But not a life time job. Recommended only for a year until you find another new job.

Management was bised to type of people ( nationality).
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Bised management
Interesting and fun
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  University Dental Hospital SharjahJuly 3, 2017
Good enviroment and a very interesting place to work. Busy place and all the doctor students are very friendly. Learning and teaching new things about dentistry.
Experience is all matters
Architect / Facility Engr (Current Employee) –  Sharjah, United arab emiratesApril 13, 2017
Challenging environment due to different Cultures, But Freedom and flexibility of works balance and life are eminently shown.

Overall the institution is stable and a great source financial support and job security.
Pros
Kid's school tuition fee support
Cons
works and culture difference
helping postgradute students
My projects (Former Employee) –  SharjahDecember 26, 2016
postgraduates students are always busy between maintaining their work life and their college life. Therefore, organizing their time at the college and facilitating their course schedule to fit into their life schedule was challenging. In addition to new students, who are in need of a consultancy regarding the university roles, conditions and features.
Student Project
Student (Former Employee) –  Sharjah UAEDecember 9, 2016
it was fun, long, and it took time and patience to do the work. I was doing the project with three other mates. The process didn't take us long, we've had enough help from our professor.