Unilever Employee Reviews

Found 133 reviews matching the search See all 5,515 reviews
Highly competitive work environment
Supervisor Information Management/Reporting (Current Employee) –  Jebel Ali FreezoneApril 11, 2018
Unilever is a multinational having a diverse culture, with employees from all over the globe. People working at Unilever are good mannered, polite and willing to help. Very competitive and learning based job. Work environment is good and there are frequent opportunities to learn, to present to achieve and show to the higher management.
Pros
Fun activities, working from home culture, gifts, good compensation, recognition
Cons
long hours, very tight deadlines
good place to work
Epos data executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 3, 2018
good place to work . nice environment. good culture. Agile working is allowed. Punctuality is considered of prime importance. Hr department very good.
Pros
free lunches and office parties
Cons
long hours of working as per assigned task
Best multicultural and diverse working enviroment
Comp and Ben and Global Mobility Analyst (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 4, 2018
Work culture has been very vibrant and energetic. You will every nationality working together without any biased opinion about another. Work hours tend to be longer and transportation seems to be a bit of an issue as there is no availability of public transport in close to the office. Unilever has personal busses dropping you to Metro but that run at fixed intervals and last bus would be at 7 which would be an issue for people who work till late.
Pros
Free Icecreams and tea products displayed in office
Cons
Long hours and away from Metro and public transport
Comfortable to work
Promo Dicer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 18, 2018
Unilever is one of the big company tha produce good for our everyday living wherever we go unilever is always thier because they export almost all over the world they are very wellknown because of thier product like soap shampoo
Pros
Good company
Cons
Delay salary
Hard work place but can teach you the basics of being a merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 14, 2017
Day-to-day bundling of item promotions, receiving of deliveries and buffering to the selling area. I learned the basics of merchandising the hard way. The management is not that good but covered with benefis. Workplace is good couse its in Pure Gold Price Club and i enjoyed being there. Hardest part is they force you to do the weekly report for the present week and 2 weeks advance. The most enyable part is when i'm in my designated store.
Pros
with 13th month pay
Cons
Very very long hour of OT
Good company with great exposure to projects
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 29, 2018
It's a decent company to learn the basics. Not the greatest culture in the Gulf business unit but will get to work with some great minds. But culture needs improvement.
Great Working Environment
Communications & Employee Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 10, 2018
Unilever over all is a company that boast good working ethics and values. It also has a great working environment which results in many of its employees choosing this company over others.
Temporary marketing
Promoter (Former Employee) –  dubaiNovember 15, 2018
I was hired as a temporary volunteer to assist with the marketing activities. The new marketing activities were to promote a newly launched type of condensed milk.
Fun, great place to work, understanding co staffs, no partialities
FACILITIES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 18, 2017
To be successful, a company must be motivated by something beyond financial success. Whether owners and their management teams are fueled by the love of business or the love of the product/service they are providing, they need to get enough out of the business to want to continue through tough times. In addition, successful businesses have owners who are passionate enough about the business to take risks when they realize that these risks can lead to being able to do business better. Business owners must be flexible and ready to jump on board with technology and culture as it changes. However, they must also avoid taking risks without sufficient planning.
Pros
Free Lunches, Transportation
good opportunities
promoter (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 15, 2018
i have the good experience for being a promoter while i am working in this company. It's a good opportunities to look for a very good job. They give a very good experience
Pros
seasonal
Cons
week end
Helping with promotions and advertising campaigns Producing sales projections helpful co workers
Mechandiser (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZJuly 23, 2015
Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
lovely place to work
Salesman (Former Employee) –  pakistanDecember 15, 2017
A very nice to work but very less salary.management and staff are very good but long working hours and less salary.timings is not perfect.duty starts early morning and no time of duty end.
Great company to work
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 21, 2018
Great compy to work with. Most of the brands are category leaders. Learning potential is very high. Facilitating advance studies with financial support and additional holidays.
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  SharjahJuly 9, 2018
I learned many things to my recent job on how to approach people like your bosses and have a good relation to your co.worker and must earned trust to each other and be positive always ..
Pros
Cons
11hrs
Unilever as a company is very good to work with. It has offer substantial reward on performances and deliveries.
Assistant Project Delivery Managfer (Former Employee) –  Dubai Industrial CityJuly 14, 2017
Unilever is a nice company to work in. It has good selection of people to work with and the company is offering an excellent training to develop the people. The company has develop my career for many years from operations supervisor covering manufacturing, technical and quality. It progress until I assumed the position Manufacturing Manager and given an opportunity to handle project from 2014 until 2017 to build up a personal care factory to which my exposure has develop me to handle civil, structural and architectural plus delivering the gas facility project, warehousing and process implements for the whole site. I do experienced the whole 4 months of night works because of the said building construction. It was indeed tough but of fun as |I develop a very good rapport and close interaction with third party personnel and ground people.

Unilever has a culture that sharpen an develop its people to the best.
Pros
Offers free products and rewards
Cons
Early reporting at work
Niece atmosphere, Talent incubator
Head of Gulf and KSA (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 15, 2017
Unilever is a good place to be for certain period of time, it gives you the opportunity to develop your potential, learn a lot both "on the job" and thru well developend training programme. Howerer the organizational structure is quite flat, it slows down significantly your career development especially in case of progressing from higher positions.
Temporary job, Limited contract
Promoter for the New Year Bonanza campaign (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 14, 2018
Sales and consumer behavior judgement over Unilever products in different hypermarkets in Dubai.
Consumers were very happy with their products but found them too costly,
productive and having interesting days out
Technical Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUAugust 3, 2014
I wake up every day looking forward to a different challenge and that is to ensure i do the required job and smile at the end of every shift.
I've actually learnt a lot from my colleagues about how to handle different challenges in different ways and also how to handle people since we have different origin and culture.
I like the involvement of employees and the management since it makes day to day activities easy and provides a good working environment.
My co-workers make it easy for me by providing the necessary support and also learning from them.
The hardest part of the job is when i feel that i haven't done my job good enough and that gives me the biggest challenge
The most enjoyable part is when my senior staff recognise my efforts for a job well done.Its always a good feeling to be appreciated.

REGARDS
NICHOLAS
fun workplace meet different customers
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUJuly 24, 2015
Mostly i get up early so i can fix properly my hair style before go to work because in my company there's a uniform or hair style need to follow.I learned a lot to my previous company regarding for the products the benefits and why people need to use this and how people can change to use the products.In the management help me a lot to become a confidence to my self or be your self.Co-workers i meet many different kind of attitude of my colleagues i have fun all the time with them and learn a lot too.The hardest part of my Job is feedback reporting of customers about the products what I'm selling which is not allowed the same feedback in the next report for the month.The most enjoyable part of my job is to learn a new things new experience,meet new friends.
Pros
free meal
Cons
typical working hour
Fun and engagin environment
Category Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 23, 2017
This is a company with a strong and unique corporate culture. The employees are all very friendly and there is a strong sense of comradery.

The product portfolio is vast and diverse, so there is always excitement working on new projects.

An excellent place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2