The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,460 reviews matching the search See all 1,704 reviews
Challenging, productive and aspiring workplace with pool table n pingpong
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Dubai Outsourcing Zone - Tawasul Bldg.July 19, 2019
a regular day at the contact center would comprise of a min of 40-60 calls, thriving on helping the passengers via information about travel, baggage, visa policy, ticketing n reservation, flight details etc. Learning curb consisted of sharing relevant info in a limited time, narrowing down to specifics that the customer/passenger required. Management was good in terms of help but sometimes, we needed to take initiative on our own. A multi cultured venue with different groups and languages, all running to achieve their best.
The hardest part of the job for me was AHT - Average Handling Time for some passengers require a detailed manifesto to their problems and that could take a while before they are satisfied
The most enjoyable part was to humor the passengers and sharing a laugh whenever possible.
Great perks, travel benefits and discounts in hotels and partner airlines worldwide
Administrator (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 12, 2019
I enjoy my job in Emirates Airlines. I started in 2007 and have worked with different departments including HR and Facilities Management. I am currently working with Cabin Crew Management and handle their performance. I also look after their Emergency Leave Requests and required supporting documentation.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Not very supportive management
Fun work place
Maintenance engineer (Current Employee) –  Technical servicesJuly 10, 2019
Great company to work.Still there are many pros and cons as all companies do have.The working culture is very much fine.The salary package is less comparing other airlines
Great travel benefits, good reference for your resume, great colleagues, poor career advancement opportunities
Senior Digital Content Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 9, 2019
Emirates is a great company to work for a few years. Career advancement opportunities however are very few and not fair, ie. getting the best results from your annual reviews doesn't bring you any promotion or salary increase and you feel stuck after a while. Promotions are only related to your skills in "politics"; this is what everyone says at Emirates HQ.
Pros
Travel benefits, flying to all Emirates network with 90% discount with standby tickets, Platinum card which gives you discount in all stores, beaches etc. all around the city, Great medical insurance, Good salary
Cons
Poor career advancement; Bad management; inflexible working hours, very strict hierarchy
Work is fun depending on how you take it. Onus is on you
Ops (Current Employee) –  EKFCJuly 1, 2019
Work is fun, depending on how you take it. Where staffing is required is not approved, but a proper hierarchy is created for management, with out realizing the work in Ops is done by the grades 1,2,3. Downsize the top management and use that salary to recruit and pay the below grades. Service stands and complaints will reduce
Pros
Free food, rarely get to eat on time.
Cons
You re squeezed till you drop, no work life balance in EKFC, color of your passport matters, actual quality of service is poor to the clients, but a glorified picture is shown
Good company
Ramp Operation Team Member (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 28, 2019
My first job in dubai and I am excited to work there and I get a good friends and I get a good experience from this company and also there is good food I love the food and I loved the company
Pros
Free transport
Great Service, Horrible Working Condition
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 27, 2019
Emirates want to excel its service, but that leads us to overwork.
At the end of the flight, you feel like a zombie.

You are not protected by the union. If you don't like something, you can only leave.
Pros
90% discount for travel tickets, lots of discounts you can get in Dubai (nail, gym, restaurant, bar, resort hotel)
Cons
physically tough environment to work
Best Job Experience Overall
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 25, 2019
As expected from a renowned international company, the overall experience was exceptional. No day is typical, you work shift month to month. You will however gain a massive amount of international experience and get paid very well while traveling the world.
the job is very repetitive and not difficult. Labor intensive as apposed to mentally challenging.
You seldom will be a part of the same group of colleagues, so you will continuously be meeting new people, even besides the customers.
The hardest part of the job is the shift work, and abnormal work schedule. The most enable part of the job is being able to travel internationally and earn great money doing it.
Pros
Travel and Remuneration
Cons
Shift Hours
daily talent improving work nature
TECHNICAL TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 24, 2019
as a technical employee in the world focusing Dubai airport, i could face challenges and safe working environment which made much improvement in technical as well as general knowledge in daily.
Dynamic & muliticultural work areas
EKAS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 23, 2019
Dynamic work situations esp if you are assigned in the airport or onboard crew. The diversity of its employees is usually the highlight however politics and discrimination are still inevitable. Senior employees' remuneration should be reviewed especially considering the salary package company offers to attract new hires. Overall, as an expat it was a very insightful, fruitful and wonderful experience. Learning and development opportunities abound in partnership with Emirates Aviation University, as well as internal vacancies give employees chance/s to level up or move across departments. That said however opening vacancies for roles that could be awarded internally by progression can also make for demotivation among staff. But it does push one to be more competitive and more engaging in improving skills. On vacation leave opportunity, this varies from department to department based on operational demand. In my experience, I get to travel more than once a year by arranging swaps combined with leaves. Generally, superiors are considerate of leave requests, but again like I said this cannot be representative of the entire organization. Lastly, the highlight is access to staff tickets =) Thank you for the great memories EK...
Pros
TICKETS!!! Swaps & leaves, multicultural, internal vacancies, flexi time, dynamic work environment
Cons
politics, salary of older employees
Amazing place
Business developer / Salesforce admin (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 23, 2019
Emirates is the best where it takes the best of you and work on developing talents and makes the better utilisation of every tool or manpower.

I have enjoyed the work, colleagues and everything
Work schedule is really hectic also provides opportunities to learn
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 22, 2019
Hectic schedule pressure situation strict policies but also helps individuals to grow and learn and u can be assured no type of bullying will be tolerated and the employees are supported by the HR regardless of their designation.
interpersonal skills trainings , monthly progress discussion within teams
DWH Developer (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 21, 2019
Working culture is excellent with good work balance life.
interpersonal skills training allows to learn new technologies and domain knowledge. Lots of team building and social events to balance the work pressure.
Pros
Free Transport, International travel allowance
very good workplace
Flight Catering Assistant II (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 20, 2019
very good workplace, we have free meals and accomodations. evrything is fine and they have very good health benefits and paid vacations every two years.
Pros
free meals and accomodations
Cons
far from the city
Fun and challenging
SENIOR AIRPORT SERVICE AGENT AND ADMIN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesJune 14, 2019
Growth guaranteed
Good management ,multicultural environment you can interact with different cultures and people of different backgrounds.Often communication challenges due to language barriers
Career Progression was assured
Passenger Services Agent (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 13, 2019
As a Passenger service agent in a well established company like the Emirates group, career progression was assured as on a daily bases, new tasks were put in force.
A new company and new systems were introduced and it made everyone enjoy the atmosphere from the date you join till the date you leave.
Productive and Fun
Waitress/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dubai AirportJune 12, 2019
In this type of work industry it's different because I worked in Food and beverages.During my worked days, I have learned about foods ingredients and procedures.
Emirates IT needs to re-invent itself
Head of Testing Services (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 9, 2019
Emirates is a fantastic brand with an incredible drive to establish themselves as the best in everything. They need to re-invent their technology workforce to deliver next generation solutions which will make them differentiated within the segment.
Exellant
SENIOR AIRPORT SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 7, 2019
It is a great horot to work in a company like Emirates Airlines. I have learned a lot in past few years of my career. You have been given a great opportunity to improve the career while earning a good some and enjoy your work.
Productive and Challenging
Operator machine (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAEJune 2, 2019
My work shift is 6 days a week and 8 hours per day. I was assigned in the Pot Room Services department. The main duties
and
responsibilities are:
1. to supply materials and equipments needed by the production department
2. we drive and operate different heavy equipments such as forklift, payloader, crucible transportation vehicle, etc
3. we accomplish equipment checklist every start of the shift
Pros
Always safety first
Cons
Annualy during summer time the temperature and weather can be unbearable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Emirates Group. Our community is ready to answer.