Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Found 254 reviews matching the search See all 2,715 reviews
Good place to work special for beginner graduated from universities.
Client Coverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Emaar Square DubaiFebruary 10, 2020
I have learnt a lot in Standard Chartered, and I have managed to grow and move between department from Private Banking as Senior Manager of Royal Family portfolio accounts, to Client Coverage Manager with Commercial Banking.

My role got redundancy, at the moment I don't hold a job.
Good place to learn and grow
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  DIFCFebruary 6, 2020
Good time spent in StanC as they call it. Learned a lot and moved cross functional, achieving flexibility and exposure to different segments and business areas. StanC takes care if it’s people and give chance for growth. I got promoted 3 times in 5 years, which was very good growth considering the market circumstances. Overall a good employer you cherish to work for.
Too much process, not enough action
Management somewhat self-obsessed, processes prevent action, meetings are overly frequent and overly populated. Too many micro teams means too many touch points to get projects done. Inefficiency everywhere
Committed with job, leadership qualities, risk taker, self confidence..
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 27, 2020
Happy with organisation but salary is low according to this country cost of living, growth chances are low, cultural is good equality is there learn alot from standard chartered bank
it was amazing to work with my immdiate boss was great supportive
Assistant Recoveries Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubai sc tower 13th floorJanuary 8, 2020
my immediate boss was supportive .
while top management there was discriminations .my performance was up to mark . terminate me for no professional reason.
my father diagnose cancer .can check my performance while terminated on performance . they terminated me on 30may 2017 my father passed away on 23 may 2017..my career my financial all destroyed .i owe the loans from esteemed bank for my father treatment .which are now in default .I came back to uae for job but as they come to know they process my cheq for legal .still I have offered but cant accept cause of police case ..with bank it was great to work but unfortunately ..
average
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  DubaiDecember 29, 2019
environment good and its nice to work with this company even we are only contractual workers they given us increment yearly and bunos as well. they assigning us also for seminars and trainings.
Standard Chartered Bank is a company with good people, harmonious environment, good compensation
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 14, 2019
Im working as a Business Development Executive and after a year they promoted me as Senior- Business Development Manager because of my performance. Receiving monthly award and good incentives
HTC analyst/officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 11, 2019
Good place to work.Nice envoirment .

Managers were very good and understanding.

Good team work.

Nice training skills.good working atmosphere.Time managable.
Good
Business Development Executive (BDE) (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 9, 2019
I am working with standard Chartered bank as business development executive. I have to manage with account opening, personal loan, credit card.
It is good working condition, employee friendly.
Overall review was good
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 7, 2019
Had a good work life balance . The team was good , a supportive Managers . Flexible work timings. Competitive work place. Feel free to speak nature...
Awesome
Team Leader - Credit Card Sales / Wholesale (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 7, 2019
It was awesome place of work culture , team work innovations technology transparency everything good except for my immediate higher up turned me down when, since I was getting a promotion parallel to him .., hence he fabricated false ways and mis quoted me ..otherwise it's the best place of 38yrs of work experience in many fields and organizations ..
Excellent place to work
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 29, 2019
Great with good atitude

cards sales was handling.

Verg good team leaders and

learned many things

staff was very kind
pure multinational bank,
Wonderful place to work
Officer EBS New Business (Multi Consumer Products) (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AENovember 16, 2019
One of the best entities in Banking Sectors. Best environment and culture. Supportive HR and the salary scale is also very good. Managers and the rest of the staff are very much professionally supportive along with the perks provided by the company.

I would give 10/10.
Productive & Fun Place
Teller Servicer Manager. (Former Employee) –  SharjahNovember 14, 2019
A Work place where you can learn something new on daily basis.
Every day is a challenge. your always busy with your work. Process and Procedures are great which help you to learn a lot.
an international work culture
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 11, 2019
An international banking experience in terms of technology and systems,but with regards to personal satisfaction, a lot depends on the rapport with immediate supervisor.
I have learned a lot of admin works
Office Administrator & Support (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 28, 2019
Job routine is typical, I have learned a lot of admin works. Management are very considerate. The employees' comprises of mixed cultures. I don't see any hardest part of the job as I consider those as my challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was the attitude of the people around us, my colleagues.
International bank which offers great exposure
M&A Associate - Select Transactions (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 17, 2019
A lot of focus on systems, people, policies and procedures. Great exposure across multiple products. They invest in employees and in their development
CDD Analyst (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 10, 2019
It’s great place to work, it was a good place for learning and implementing our own ideas. And the management use to learn and take suggestions from people.Also it’s very good culture.
Very Productive and Challenging. However, we do have fun at team events.
Fulfillment Officer/ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 2, 2019
I've worked with standard Chartered for 5 years now, its been a great journey so far. However, I am very eager now to look for better prospects and more challenging roles outside banking industry as well.

During my career, I've been placed in so many different roles and I'm proud to say that I've always exceeded expectations and was always willing to learn something new and challenging.

Standard Chartered has taught me great skills such as Team Management, Coordination, MIS, and Team Work.
Highly organized work culture. you will learn to be methodical, risk aware and efficient.
Senior Manager, Group Retail Ops, Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  UAESeptember 25, 2019
I've grown in the organization in the last 26 years. The culture within is very accommodating and at the same time risk-conscious. One of the reasons why the bank was not impacted by many common debacles faced by the industry. However, at times it takes a toll to be too conscious of risks and due to that there have been missed opportunities. Most staff are scared to handle exceptions with a little bit of risk mitigation. It's not possible to avoid any risk and in business you need to face some risk to achieve success. This concept is not fully appreciated. It could be due to some bad experience. But being over-cautious can be detrimental to the growth of the organization and the individuals.
Pros
Flexible working conditions, work from home concepts, global standards
Cons
too many red tapes, processes are lengthy to the discomfort of the customer, the end does not justify the means.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K