Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

Good
Good experience I have learned from my team leader a lot he is always supporting us and about the bank is very comfortably place to work and a lot of tasks u will learn over there
Fun place to work with detailed
Many things to learn in this MNC Bank, Different experience for me. I have moved to different teams in 3years of my banking experience. Fun to work with many departments.
Pros
Best in admosphere
Cons
9hours
Good place to work special for beginner graduated from universities.
I have learnt a lot in Standard Chartered, and I have managed to grow and move between department from Private Banking as Senior Manager of Royal Family portfolio accounts, to Client Coverage Manager with Commercial Banking.

My role got redundancy, at the moment I don't hold a job.
It’s a great bank
It’s a great bank I worked with them over 15 years in Dubai. I grew with the bank and learned a lot. I moved to UK and would love to work with the bank again if given a chance.
Good place to learn and grow
Good time spent in StanC as they call it. Learned a lot and moved cross functional, achieving flexibility and exposure to different segments and business areas. StanC takes care if it’s people and give chance for growth. I got promoted 3 times in 5 years, which was very good growth considering the market circumstances. Overall a good employer you cherish to work for.
Too much process, not enough action
Management somewhat self-obsessed, processes prevent action, meetings are overly frequent and overly populated. Too many micro teams means too many touch points to get projects done. Inefficiency everywhere
Committed with job, leadership qualities, risk taker, self confidence..
Happy with organisation but salary is low according to this country cost of living, growth chances are low, cultural is good equality is there learn alot from standard chartered bank
it was amazing to work with my immdiate boss was great supportive
my immediate boss was supportive .
while top management there was discriminations .my performance was up to mark . terminate me for no professional reason.

my father diagnose cancer .can check my performance while terminated on performance . they terminated me on 30may 2017 my father passed away on 23 may 2017..my career my financial all destroyed .i owe the loans from esteemed bank for my father treatment .which are now in default .I came back to uae for job but as they come to know they process my cheq for legal .still I have offered but cant accept cause of police case ..with bank it was great to work but unfortunately ..
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Standard Chartered Bank?
average
environment good and its nice to work with this company even we are only contractual workers they given us increment yearly and bunos as well. they assigning us also for seminars and trainings.
Standard Chartered Bank is a company with good people, harmonious environment, good compensation
Im working as a Business Development Executive and after a year they promoted me as Senior- Business Development Manager because of my performance. Receiving monthly award and good incentives
Good place to work.Nice envoirment .

Managers were very good and understanding.

Good team work.

Nice training skills.good working atmosphere.Time managable.
Good
I am working with standard Chartered bank as business development executive. I have to manage with account opening, personal loan, credit card.
It is good working condition, employee friendly.
Overall review was good
Had a good work life balance . The team was good , a supportive Managers . Flexible work timings. Competitive work place. Feel free to speak nature...
Awesome
It was awesome place of work culture , team work innovations technology transparency everything good except for my immediate higher up turned me down when, since I was getting a promotion parallel to him .., hence he fabricated false ways and mis quoted me ..otherwise it's the best place of 38yrs of work experience in many fields and organizations ..
Excellent place to work
Great with good atitude

cards sales was handling.

Verg good team leaders and

learned many things

staff was very kind

pure multinational bank,
Wonderful place to work
One of the best entities in Banking Sectors. Best environment and culture. Supportive HR and the salary scale is also very good. Managers and the rest of the staff are very much professionally supportive along with the perks provided by the company.

I would give 10/10.
Productive & Fun Place
A Work place where you can learn something new on daily basis.
Every day is a challenge. your always busy with your work. Process and Procedures are great which help you to learn a lot.
an international work culture
An international banking experience in terms of technology and systems,but with regards to personal satisfaction, a lot depends on the rapport with immediate supervisor.
I have learned a lot of admin works
Job routine is typical, I have learned a lot of admin works. Management are very considerate. The employees' comprises of mixed cultures. I don't see any hardest part of the job as I consider those as my challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was the attitude of the people around us, my colleagues.
International bank which offers great exposure
A lot of focus on systems, people, policies and procedures. Great exposure across multiple products. They invest in employees and in their development
It’s great place to work, it was a good place for learning and implementing our own ideas. And the management use to learn and take suggestions from people.Also it’s very good culture.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K