Puma Energy Employee Reviews

Not good work place
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Dianella WAJuly 4, 2019
Not a good work place to be in, most staff don't do anything at all, manager was not good, verbally abusive to staff even in front of customers, no team work at all, constant complaints to HR but nothing done about staff not doing their jobs + bad manager who is not good at her job.
Was productive till it change the way they operate..!!
Operations Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Florida, PRJune 29, 2019
Was productive working for and representing Puma Energy, till the brand name Puma Energy was collapsed by the market and high cost of their product were highest at the market and still at the time and that is why business operation went down because of the change of their marketing strategies..!!
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Empleado (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 1, 2019
Es un trabajo fuerte, pero si te gusta lo que haces no afecta. No hay oportunidades de crecimiento. No se tiene ningun tipo de beneficios.
Pros
Ambiente de trabajo
Cons
Pocas horas de trabajo
Ambiente de trabajo excelente.
GERENTE (Former Employee) –  San Germán, Buenos AiresMay 18, 2019
El ambiente tanto como el trato eran de primera. El salario era acorde con el trabajo realizado.
Friendly and productive
Console Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WAMay 1, 2019
I worked at puma for over almost 2 years. I enjoyed the team and management and I was sad to leave them.
Management was always ready to listen to what us CSAs had to say.
Working on your own in a foreign country was very challenging, as I worked for the Main contractor Pioneer Mechanical Contractors
Site Manager, I am a very hands on person. (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western CapeApril 25, 2019
Was to ensure the foreign nationals understood very clearly he activities that were to be done for the day. I had to learn to adapt to other cultures as I had Chinese and a Congolese workforce. I learned to be a good listener and patience and a cool head was required, but I managed to progress the work safely and without any major incidents. I got great satisfaction in seeing the project completion of the work packs.
Pros
I got to meet a lot of people and made new friends and contacts
Cons
The work was very intense as the head office was in Cape Town, so I worked with a Congolese and Puma representative.
Worst job I ever had
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Townsville City QLDApril 3, 2019
Worked as a cook wow it’s an eye opener,
Lots of gossip , drama and child like minds.
No leadership, when morning shift gets behind it puts whole day or days out.
Expects too much in little hours but no overtime so work for free to get done.
No breaks other than while working and you waste your whole lunch as customers come first even on 9 hour shift.
Staff not valued
Pros
None I can see
Very Professional Culture and World Wide Exposure
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMarch 24, 2019
Great place to work with highly motivated professional staff. Great medical and PTO benefits. Many opportunities to participate in a growing culture and a dynamic/fast pace environment.
Pros
Very professional and caring company
Cons
the fast pace of moving forward, little time to be prepared for changes, Training is offered to make the transition to their environment of working smart and fast.
Good place to work at but Management is often poor
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mundaring WAMarch 21, 2019
A typical day at work would be serving customers, checking and rotating stock, and cleaning.
I learnt how to deal with money correctly, how to handle unhappy customers and overall what it is like to work in a team environment.The management was poor sometimes. I was a casual and I would have my manager texting me at 10pm, asking me to come in the next day. Overall, the staff were lovely and great to work with. Definitely a good first job.
Good work place but horrible workers
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Ipswich QLDMarch 18, 2019
In working at Puma Energy i was pushed out and workers started rumors about me in order to try and get me fired. I loved the pay and the hours but the workers were the last straw as to me leaving.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Negative child-like workers
Fun work place
general worker (Former Employee) –  Witbank, MpumalangaFebruary 3, 2019
It was fun to work for puma and everyone was so nice and you will learn sio many things and meet new people every day and see lots of new stuff and cars IP
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Ambiente familiar , donde tratas con diferente tipo de personas , un trabajo súper dinámico y divertido
Cajera (Former Employee) –  Isabela, PRJanuary 10, 2019
Muy buen trato y un buen ambiente laboral , por motivos de viaje tuve que dejarlo pero muy contenta
Cons
No tenías tú hora de almorzar
My Experience as frontline Supervisor
Refinery Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Papua New GuineaJanuary 7, 2019
I like working in safety oriented cultured business environment. Working with people who are open minded and willing to make things happen. Resulted orientated person.

I am used to working rotational work cycles that 28/28. Working shifts both night and day as per shift plans. Starting at 5am or 7am and finishing late.

During my career doing Supervisory work as a Frontline Manager, I learned that people are very important because they are the ones who deliver the results. Then also, having that duty of care to look after the assets that people use to deliver the business expected results.

The hardest part of my job as a Supervisor is getting the right people aligned with the right challenges to deliver the expected outcome. Different backgrounds in experiences, cultures, religions etc. and get a mix of a team is tough especially if there gender issues involved.

The best part of my job as a Supervisor is seeing direct reports being happy in their jobs. I like those who work with me must find me being very helpful and they must feel that I value them as part of my team.
Pros
28 days off after a busy 28days onsite working.
Cons
The long hours.
Great remuneration
Bitumen Sales Manager - Territory Manager (APAC) (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 30, 2018
Great remuneration if up to it. Unbalanced work life ambiance. Fast pace and energetic work environment. Flat management bureaucracy. Supportive management.
Pros
Good benefit and great remuneration
Cons
Unbalance work life environment
compañerismo
auditor técnico de combustible (Former Employee) –  Zárate, Buenos AiresNovember 27, 2018
buen ambiente de trabajo pero inestabilidad laboral
Loved it
Administration / Depot Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLDOctober 1, 2018
I worked on the logistics side with a small team, and they were the best people I have worked with. I did not want to leave. The people made the job great! The higher management in head office I personally found good to deal with, but did see others struggle with them at times. Would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Communication break down at times between managments
It was alright, just a job really
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charters Towers QLDSeptember 24, 2018
I pretty much just cooked and cleaned of an overnight shift, and they paid me well to do it, was a good job. The boss man was pretty fair, and it didn't take too long to filter out the bad eggs.
hard hours hard job - very demanding work
Casual Kitchen hand / Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Kewdale WAAugust 20, 2018
Good when things run smoothly - bad when things go wrong - filters through to all shifts. not enough hours to complete all tasks....unrealistic expectations from Management..
Pros
working in the kitchen
Cons
stress related work with minimal rest breaks
Productive and a very busy airport
AIRCRAFT REFUELLER (Current Employee) –  GHANA ACCRAJuly 10, 2018
Will be very glad to work with any puma energy in the us. Will work in other countries as well, I will make sure I conduct all my quality checks on the jet fuel and also check the equipment.
High pressured environment
Global Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, GautengMay 17, 2018
My experience at Puma has been a challenging one as it was a new job function without any training.
I have adapted and made a success of my job.
The people culture is much to be desired as everyone is silo driven and shy away from responsibilty