Petrofac Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
VP Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Quality (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 21, 2018
We are a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We help our clients unlock the full value of their energy assets.

Over the past 37 years, we’ve built a strong reputation for commitment, delivery and operational excellence.

We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.

We provide our clients with a range of services and capabilities that are recognised as consistently high quality. We do this through a range of innovative commercial models which allow us to tailor our services to the needs of each client.

From the moment we decide to bid on a project, the discipline begins. We identify risks from the outset, ensure a clear understanding of project complexity, and maintain our risk management rigour each step of the way.

For us, operational excellence is about constantly questioning what we do, and how we do it, in order to drive continuous improvement and maintain our competitive edge. In particular, our engineers have found new ways to take cost and complexity out of our projects by driving value engineering: using new construction techniques, challenging conventional wisdom, and making better use of automation – while still delivering on client demands for quality and certainty.
Pros
Excellent benefits to all employees
Cons
nice people but bad project, at least this one
LEAD COMM. INSTRUMENTATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 19, 2018
The project I've worked on was under bod and therefore a lot of cuts had to be made by the management. Clear delimitation from end-customer activities was not enforced and that spelled a big pile of spaghetti like tasks. For this reason a lot of people were getting away with doing squat.
Friendly bunch of people but not a good place to work at since no amount of nice people will be able to help you in your daily tasks since everyone it's trying to punch another day in the timecard without really doing a thing.
International COMPANY
Project Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  UAESeptember 29, 2018
it's leading market in Oil and Gas, Top in EPC industry and managed to be on the top tier in oil and gas and currently the company doing well in the market
Pros
Stability
Cons
work Life balance
Demanding work culture
Deputy Manager Logistics (Former Employee) –  SharjahJanuary 24, 2018
Very Dynamic and demanding work culture, very little resources available, yet 100% commitment is expected

Hire & fire policy followed.

A very healthy multi cultural environment is prevalent
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long demanding hours
lot of potential of improvemet
supply chain (Current Employee) –  Sharjah, UAEDecember 23, 2014
Comparing Petrofac to other EPC companies in the region probably it will rank on top. I'm saying this after hearing from my colleagues who went to other companies thinking the grass is greener on the other side. The company is rolling out multiple programs to encourage innovation and reward these initiatives.

Like every other company, you will find the good the bad and the ugly. All depends on your manager, some are very disrespectful to others and yell all day which I find odd that these type of managers are allowed to stay in an international organization like Petrofac and on the other hand there are managers that get things done better by empowering and respecting others and I think those are the few.

Politics is a big thing in the company. Try to avoid it as much as possible. Sometimes you need to play the game to get what you want.
Pros
Two Cafeterias Available at offices that are great and cheap.
Cons
compensation is low compared with other companies in the same industry
Job Description
Instrument Engineer (Former Employee) –  Asab, Abu Dhabi, UAEOctober 8, 2012
• Analyze, plan, and execute the plant instrumentation activities by collaborating with sub-contractors and other departments involved in the project
• Part of the Instrumentation, Control and Telecommunication team in the Asab full field development project for client ADCO.
• Regular interaction with the client to ensure the deployment meets the given specifications and necessary quality standards
• Understand and analyze Instrumentation, P&ID, hook up, loop and termination drawings
Pros
good salary
Cons
totally no touch with the world, long working hours
A friendly workplace with a competitive environment
Telecom commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 15, 2018
expectations are:
Safety first
daily plan and follow up for the workforce
2-3 week look ahead plan
time management and schedules
High responsibilities and expectations
Pros
Free housing and food with a good hardship allowance
Cons
open time working hours
Great company
Health and Safety coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dubai, EAUNovember 14, 2012
It is a great company with many benefits from experience to different opportunities
My present work description
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJuly 23, 2015
I live to work, my work is my life
I have learned in my life experience to be patient and attentive and to see the big picture.
I am working in a company that manage sites from A to Z, we're all supervising different segments, a great management experience.
A good tempo in terms of how to adapt, coordinate and react with sub-contractors and Clients: "How to manage, how to learn".
The hardest part of my job is to fire an employee, whatever his capabilities are, it always feels bad to break a career.
I enjoy the part of my job where I can make decisions that improve the flow of work (upgrading my surrounding work environment to a better level)
Pros
Time killer
Cons
Stressful
Good mangment and environment
Manager travel / payroll (Current Employee) –  Sharjah UAEFebruary 13, 2018
Oil and gaz company with Good mamagment and environment
Delivering first class project execution they operate in GCC chennai mumbai aberdeen uk and kuala lumpur and other european countries
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 2, 2018
It is a great place to work and gain significant experience. The company provides the opportunity for workers to engage and thrive especially if the staff is passionate about work.
Very technical and amazing workplace with high end professionalism throughout.
CMMS Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  SharjahNovember 21, 2016
Work starts at 8.00 p.m GSD going along a 10 hr productivity with 1 hr lunch break included.
Well versed with P&IDs, SLD's, D&IDs and implementing Computerized Maintenance Management Systems with continuous improvement in all necessary systems , processes and procedures relevant for the professional management of Maintenance and Integrity Strategy Projects.
Amazing and supportive co-workers keeping up with fun and professional ethics throughout.
It's a challenging job as there's continuous learning process involved throughout and to overcome and stride through it makes it even more enjoyable and challenging.
Place to be
QHSE Officer (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 25, 2017
Just that Island ( offshore ) life is quite boring but all facilities are available

Management is very and all managers are so so lovely.

at the end its a place to be
Pros
food, Accommodation provided and very good conditio
Cons
normal 8 hours
Nice Place to work
CLERK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  SharjahJanuary 10, 2016
Busy Everyday but Manageable routine

HR Recruitment \ Rules and Policy of Hiring Staff

Management is very good

My Co-workers are very cooperative

Turnover of the staff

Team building
Pros
All is inclusive - Meal\Accommodation\Transportation and Medical Insurance
Cons
Long Hours
A delivery focused company
Auditor (Current Employee) –  SharjahJuly 31, 2017
Petrofac is a delivery focused company with an immense talent pool. A lot of opportunities to learn from the best and seasoned people in this industry.
Warning
Project Expediting Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 31, 2017
If you come from the United States and have grade school children and wish to live in the UAE, there are a couple of important things to remember. Firstly, the best schools with proper US curriculums are private and outrageously expensive to attend. Companies rarely give proportionate monetary help with such crucial expenses - Petrofac certainly did not. The other schools are simply not suitable for children familiar with a US style of education - regardless of what other principles may tell you. The other point is that you will lose your right to in-state tuition if you are away for more than one year with your family.

Although UAE is tax free at this time, it is my understanding that an income tax is to be introduced at the beginning of 2018.

Unless you are offered at least $200,000 per year as an expat then it is not worth either working for Petrofac or living in the Emirates as the cost of living is at least 30% higher than Houston where I am from.
Pros
Great Cafteria Food
Cons
An obligation to stay until 6 each evening
Assisstant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Al Khan, SharjahFebruary 23, 2014
I establish a priority list of things to accomplish. Priority A, B and C. Priority A contains must do items. Things that will be more difficult if not prioritize first or substantially completed. I let nothing get in the way of starting and completing these. Priority B is very important, too. I make every attempt to complete these. However Priority B items can be somewhat negotiated if not completed. Priority C items are those maintenance things that should be done but won't affect operations much if not necessarily done that day.The important key to success is to accurately identify the proper category of priority.I was able to learn more on my profession in account field from my colleagues also from Senior Accountant and Manager. Good management with good co workers. the hardest part of the job to complete the task provided to us on time and the most enjoyable part is I am always happy and confident on doing my work and when it comes to reporting level and if it is appreciated by Senior Accountant it gives me more confident level and happy to do my work
large workplace
Senior Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Sharjah,UAEJanuary 17, 2014
I headed a team of 30 recruiters, to staff the large projects being awarded to Petrofac, the management did not have the time to audit or review our work, although the people tried to make the best out of things, it was very hard to keep things tied at one end, my people were being transferred to other projects and new people coming in without anybody's knowledge.
we were able to deliver at a fast pace, unfortunately, the family could not cope with the life in UAE, and so we moved back to Lebanon, to get ready for a transfer to USA.
Pros
good pay
Cons
loose management
Welding Engineer
Welding Engineer (Current Employee) –  UAEJune 26, 2013
Mechanical Engineer with Background of QA/QC Inspection, with 12 years of experience in Pipe Mill, Fabrication shop, Refinery, Control valve division and Shipyard. Worked has a Welding Engineer for than 4 Years in implementation of procedures and qualification of procedures. Process development for improved production and demanding quality requirement with cost effectiveness has required to move with senior management team to develop and implement operation Plans. Knowledge in fusion welding process (SMAW, GTAW, SAW, GMAW-STT/Bore Cladding/FCAW)
Had great exposure in my career field ,
Senior Manager - Enterprise Application (Current Employee) –  Sharjah, UAEAugust 3, 2016
- Manage solution delivery and ensure the same is implemented into live projects .
-Due to large size of projects being handled and across the world , and solutions are implemented as large scale for projects of USD 4.5 billion size projects . People are varied culture from all over the world . Good to work environment
Pros
People are free to approach at any level, and welcome suggestions . Good to work with
Cons
Due to Oil price crisis, the work is stagnated, there is uncertaininty due to no new project award., Oil price continue to slide .