Petrofac Employee Reviews

Permanent Job with Good exposure
Deputy Project Manager (Current Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesJuly 20, 2019
You need to build your own career path in Petrofac. You can have good exposure however you have to fight for your career development. Working with a single manager might be a giod oportunity for growth.
Nice
Senior HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  SharjahJuly 19, 2019
Great place to work..Awesome . I didn't want to leave
Agressive work culture and committed to provide value proposition to clients
Piping Material Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana / Sharjah,UAEJuly 1, 2019
Well i spent most of my time working at Sharjah, UAE so typical working hours were longer but it was fun working at head office as i was given the responsibility of managing vendors ,taking crucial decisions ,and meeting deadlines on times especially for a fast track project.
Great company to work with so respectfull. Amazing services with there employees
SITE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 24, 2019
Learned alot of taking responsibility. How to deal with employees. How to negotiate with third party. Great opportunity to grow in the company. Amazing rotation. Vocation days .
Procurement Coordinator - Head of Procurement (Former Employee) –  SharjahJune 18, 2019
High work pressure, need to be focused and alert. All procurement related work needs to be 100% accurate and had to be submitted on time without delay.
Productive and competetive
HSSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Abudhabi UAEJune 15, 2019
Daily conducting toolbox talk at site prior to start any activity, daily learning of other nationalities culture, high management appreciated what HSE department has done to the project. Hardest part of the job is the climate mostly during summer from June to September. Our rotation leave is the enjoyable part of the job.
Overall good experience
PROPOSALS & PROJECT EXECUTION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  SharjahMay 28, 2019
A very goof company to start your career at. However, the career development is minimal because of lack of vision the company has for its employees on the long run.
I was an Intern there
Instrumentation and Control Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  sharjahMay 25, 2019
good company with a terrible work environment. Worked there for a year as an Instrumentation and control engineer. It is the place to go if you want to learn about the job but want nothing to do with a good work environment
Supportive managers and cooperative subordinates.
Warehouse Supervisor/Senior Material Controller (Former Employee) –  UAEMay 21, 2019
Provided leadership and technical guidance to subordinates by prioritizing and assigning tasks, establishing procedures, providing instructions, and advising personnel on how to perform various tasks.
Evaluated and reviewed jobs upon completion of assigned tasks to ensure the team members continually meet goals.
Pros
Free food and hotel room.
Cons
Average Rest & Recreation.
Long work hours
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  SharjahMay 19, 2019
The employees are overloaded with work. Usually working on multiple projects and proposals.
Indian based culture in EPC.
Promotion process is very slow.
Good work exposure inn GCC
Pros
Good company name
Cons
Long hours to meet the deadlines
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiApril 24, 2019
Good working atmosphere
Dad to day work was more important.
Experience and Knowledge helped me to assist commercial + technical team estimating Shell Nigeria Project.
Cooperation among team members was excellent,
Excellent workplace & great experiences
Engineer Quality (Former Employee) –  SharjahApril 14, 2019
Working in Petrofac was great experience and felt fortunate to have such diversified exposure in Mechanical field. These four & a half years gives me a broader & bigger perspective.
Overall Best work culture
Senior Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 28, 2019
I want to build on one of the aspects that I like most about the work I currently am doing…
One of the things that has made things a little more challenging is that I’d like to have a platform where I could share my ideas and offer up ways to improve…(service, operations, technology, communication, etc…)
I’ve enjoyed working with a great group of people at my current employer, but this opportunity in this company fits very well with the direction I want to take my career.
Great Company in Middle East that promoted North American Work Culture
Senior Field Engineer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 21, 2019
Pay was Ok, however, the Camp facilities were good, Safety and Work culture was close to the best North American Companies. Nationality played a big role in Pay, respect, treatment and everyday life around work.
Pros
Camp facilities
Cons
Nationality and treatment
Good working place
Sr. Construction Supervisor Piping (Former Employee) –  UAEMarch 20, 2019
excellent company to work and learn lot of things related to work.
all superiors are good support.
no job security for project base employes.
over good working experience with petrofac.
Productive & fun workplace
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  sharjah, UAEMarch 2, 2019
I joined Petrofac Graduate program. I got one month of training from them after which I was mobilized to Sohar, Oman Site where I worked as Construction Instrumentation supervisor. During this period I worked on various unit such as Sea water intake, Sulphur recover unit, Sulphur palletizer, Coke storage, Truck Loading & other utilities units.

Later, I was mobilized as Project Engineer to home office where I worked for Duqm, Oman Project. I worked closely with Project Engineering Manager to manage various aspect of project such as development procedure & plan to various format development & making sure everyone maintain a standard quality of the documents.
I also studied feed specification & prepared Technical query & Interface query.

I also prepared variation order as & when required.

I also prepared minutes of meeting for various engineering/ Client Meeting.
Pros
Diverse experience
Cons
Poor increment
Excellent company to work for
QA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SharjahFebruary 23, 2019
Good Company for task oriented people and hard working individuals. Excellent career prospects for youngsters. Excellent place to gain experience. Overall good company to work for
i am a friendly to a customer
Waitress (Current Employee) –  SharjahFebruary 20, 2019
To develop my working ability as enhance my skills, to be exposed in the field I choose to deal with and to be more competent.
 Ambitious hardworking and self-motivated.
 Good team member and a leading personality as well.
 Ability of handling and performing duties under stress.
 Upbeat, friendly and enjoying meeting people and positive.
Pros
commission and tips
Cons
anytime
Current management is having short term view of business, leading to job insecurity
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sharjah, UAEJanuary 25, 2019
Extended work hours are promoted and work towards week ends is quite normal. Work life balance is really bad. Real office politics from top to bottom.
Pros
Medical coverage policy is good
Average
Commissioning Engineer-Control Systems (Former Employee) –  Abu dhabi, AEJanuary 24, 2019
Its a subsidary of petrofac and salary is not that much great. People are less motivated and work load is severe. Managemnet is not supportive and interested n completion of work at any means