Oceaneering

Oceaneering Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates10 reviews
Oceaneering International is an employee friendly organization where equal importance is given to both family and work. The management team was very positive and caring.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Living allowances
My day begins with the proper PPE. We have a safety meeting before any job starts. We use the right tools for the right job. Safety comes first, it is my priority.
Piloting the rov to the seabed and doing the wellhead intervention is a specialised job. There are no room for error.

Time management is also a huge factor, to get the job done safely and in good time.

Workplace culture is a pleasant and a good dedication to detail. We all help each other to get into production as soon as possible.

The hardest part of the job is when the weather picks up and we have to wait for it to subside to carry out our duties.

There are new challenges everyday and I look forward to them when it arises.
Pros
Rov Mechanical Technician is my passion ( hydraulics, Mechanical )
Cons
Waiting for spares ( If we can not fix the problem ourselves )
A place where we work whch is similar to a family environment. Most of the staff working in Oceaneering Dubai had the same feeling which used to give more productivity.
A professional company working primarily in dynamic offshore oil and gas sector.

Job involved liaison with both internal and external stakeholders. Communication was key to ensuring the successful execution of projects.
Pros
Rewarding outcomes
Cons
Good working nature in Oceaneering but once the project completes employees must stay on standby until the new project
Pros
Company is good for learning new skills
Cons
staying on standby until new project starts
Good company in booming times,but when oil price slumps people get laid off.I have learned more in 7 years than in my whole life before.I learned to fly a robot remotely 2 km under the sea and using various high tech equipment. Also how to troubleshoot a problem when the vehicle needed attention. Absolutely loved my job and the challenges it provided.Worked with people of all races and became very good friends to this day.Hardest part off the job was not being 100% sure about the longevity of the contracts you worked on.
Pros
Good remuneration
Cons
Long times away from home
Properly understanding of the safety instructions from technicians.
Cultural differences of an international team

Following company procedures

Everyone has personality with its own character and mentality

Not always a good office conditions

After a job well done without complications
A great management and team to work with. Staff are treated with utmost respect. A very well structured management hierarchy yet very down-to-earth treatment by all bosses.
Pros
Great Red Room to relax
Cons
Long work hours but always allowed to offset work hours for a day off of flexibility to work timings
Had the opportunity to exposed to factors related to NDT inspections & ROVs. The hardest part of the job was difference in mentality towards work of colleagues
Pros
Good working culture
Cons
Some hrd to work with colleagues
I learned diverse Engineering practices and safe work practices.
My working in offshore rig with coworkers of different nationals has made me a good team player in multi culture setup.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low salary