National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

Its nice to work here with good management & colleagues.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 12, 2018
Its nice working here with nice management & great colleagues. Very co-operative management & appreciate hard working employees. Give proper training also for any required jobs.
Pros
Giving extra money for food as per diem 7 over stayed bonus also.
Cons
Low pay, old time leader with okd school ways
the best qulity
Oil Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 26, 2018
I worked for NOV for 9 years. I learn a lot over the years working with good people.
I like to traveling to different country getting to know lots of different people.,

i was working UAE ,,personally wouldn't work for NOV again different place
Horrible work culture
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 1, 2018
The management in Abu Dhabi is horrible. Terrible working atmosphere , no backing from the supervisors and if anything goes wrong the full blame is on the Mechanical Technicians who go the field . Too many relatives working in the same company and backing is just for them
Service company that suffered through the oil crisis
Coring Coordinator ME (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 18, 2018
A typical day at work, depends, sometimes i meet clients, sometimes go to the workshop and assist there, sometimes i work from home, which has been a job requirement since moving to Abu Dhabi, answering emails, doing reports and presentations, answering and vetting emails, moving materials, equipment and people, auditing and supervising, ensuring all aspects of coring run smoothly and safely. When a job is finished on a rig, i analyse all the data, review job safety and lessons learned and liaise our findings with the customer.

I've learned a greater appreciation for patience over the last 5 years in the middle east, being the leader of a team helps to improve my approach to guiding and coaching my various teams, i have learned how to better extract ideas and requirements from, my teams, managers and or clients. The hardest part of the job is apathy or people being too busy, the repetition of requesting the same information, the challenge is getting what we need to perform the work to the highest standards and getting it all in time. The most enjoyable part is the problem solving, seeing things other people don't and sharing it for the greater good, to improve, it gains trust, makes them want you in the room when something serious is being talked about.
Pros
It's never boring
Cons
Being on call permanently for 5 years, days, nights, holidays etc
A very professional place to work
Operation Support Representative (Former Employee) –  JAFZAJanuary 15, 2018
A very professional company to work for with the ethics right in place. Chances to grow are given in plenty which makes the place much more desirable to work in.
nice working atmosphere
CNC Programmer in NATIONAL OIL (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 18, 2017
very good working atmosphere and supporting peoples are also very good...for my carrier growth i would like try another job ..i hope i can do my carrier in a great way
Dynamic Workpace
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jebel Ali FreezoneJuly 21, 2017
I've learned to work with a multi cultural work environment. You are given a chance to attend trainings and seminars for career enhancements. Good employee package/benefits.
Pros
good benefits: insurance, air tickets, yearly vacation
Cons
Industry status as of the moment is unstable
Dante_Galdo NOV
Senior Lifting Inspector/Inspection Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 20, 2017
This is the best company I ever had but due to oil and gas price very down in the world market so I was laid off by the company. The paid salary and benefits justified to my service with them. I appreciate in this company until my last breath.
An excellent company to work in.
Administration Manager for Coating Operations (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, UAEJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with Tuboscope, and hoping to have another opportunity to work with them in the future.

I have been promoted multiple times during the years working with the company.
productive and good
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneMay 26, 2017
NOV is a training centre and there is no restrictions.Management is not supporting the bottom line employees. Senior positions are filled by relatives and close friends .there is no scope for a career growth those who doesn't have a god father.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and Fun workplace
Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  UAE DUBAIMay 1, 2017
Good environment for working. Given freedom and share the idea's for the employer. Even manager's are behave like friendly.
Giving full freedom during design.
Productive and comfortable working environment
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali FreezoneMarch 29, 2017
the workplace culture is based on a One Big Family concept. Hierarchy is rather inapplicable with any colleague, manager, director, or VP providing business assistance wherever needed.
good production company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneFebruary 15, 2017
this is the one of the most mnc company in the oil feald.
morning 6 am job will start.
I learned from there, how to meaximum production with in the roughter time.
standerdise culture is following there.
5s & safty is the one of the most important thing
Pros
1hr
Cons
9hr
Good company
Solids Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 13, 2017
NOV is good company
Perform Operations in a manner that assists the organization in meeting our safety, and operational goals.
Conduct sampling, housekeeping, maintenance, repair, and operational tasks as instructed by management as well as client appointed supervisors.
Ensure service quality is continually enhanced. Set a high standard in Safety, Operations, Maintenance and repair, and efficient use of resources in order to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the value that our equipment and people bring to their operation.
Days out for the supplier audits
Materials and Purchasing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dubai, AEJanuary 25, 2017
We use to visit our vendors for the internal audits and this has helped me a lot to understand the different industries,various work environments etc.
NOV is a great place to work
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneJanuary 14, 2017
The day starts with fun. You will never feel that you are in a tight position as everyone there are help full and work as a family. I have enjoyed the time working for this company.
Excellent working place
Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  Jebel Ali FreezoneJanuary 13, 2017
At NOV , the team is very professional & with aggressive attiude
we use to start the day with a meeting where we discuss and distribute the daily tasks.
most important thing I learned is work in a team, delegate tasks as a manager, and share issues and discuss solutions in a team meetings.
great management, supportive and reliable.
good team, also reliable, do great job, and work as a team.
as I use to love my job, and love what i was doing, i didn't contribute any hard days or parts of that job. I am enjoying my I enjoy when I get every job done.
good management and great experience
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 20, 2016
great management, supportive and reliable.
good team, also reliable, do great job, and work as a team.
as I use to love my job, and love what i was doing, i didn't contribute any hard days or parts of that job. i enjoyed my days, I enjoy when I get every job done.
Productive Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jebel Ali FreezoneOctober 18, 2016
Productive and fun
Busy workplace
Fun and Excitement
Learn so much from day to day task
Very Cooperative people
Good Compensation
hard working conditions
Mechanical Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 27, 2016
while being called out on jobs you work a minimum of 12 hours per day 7 days per week,

hardest part of the job is not knowing how long you will be away or how long you will spend at home, being on call 24/7 doesn't I've you much of a social life so it can be very difficult.

the conditions you live/work in are very harsh
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Oilwell Varco. Our community is ready to answer.

National Oilwell Varco Reviews by Location