National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates72 reviews
People you work with are amazing. However, with the oil and gas fluctuation there is no guaranteed employment unless management "likes or wants" ( very subjective) you to stay. Politics plays a crucial role in your advancement and job security so you would need to understand how to navigate around that else you will be out in due time.
Perfect place to work along with a multi-cultural team. Great opportunities for growth. The team is always supportive and great perks. All employees are valued and respected
very good company, giving good salaries and the culture of the company is very nice and friendly. very productive and good customer relations.
Health and safety is a primary gole for the company.
Productive and fun work place, fast working environment, multi culture working standards, flexible working hours, average salary, lack of career growth
Workplace is nice. All users are supportive. Lot of exposure, lot of new things to learn. Lot of responsibilities. New technology and new applications to support.
Unprofessional company with no relevant training
No training & proper management

not recommend to anyone

no fun at work, useless training & no job security
Everything was fantastic at National Oilwell Varco . Very good culture of Nation oilwell varco . unfortunate they closed their facility due to the lack of order,
In general NOV is very nice company. you need to be in the right department as some department don't care about your learning and growth in the company.
Good workplace and good management full support of colleagues and our seniors .company give training for performance level .and a lots of really i over enjoyed there
Work in Dubai, We work hard, we had fun as a Team, our business unit is family-oriented and we have a great operations director. He is one of the reasons why people love to work in our business unit.
Working with NOV is really very great and you get to meet different nationalities, but there is not much increment in your salary as compared to the market value. Get less opportunity to grow in one department.
Every day I came to work I learn a lot of things like a new procedures, machinery, languages system and etc .because I'm working with different Nationality
We can learn lot of things.
Good leadership and working culture.

we can meet different type and culture people here.

we can improve our knowledge and other skills .
A sign.the field for welding and repair.and modification job.fabrication.painting mechanical structural.job gouging.cutting grinding.cleaning all aruond.
Good training ground,Job stability, Multicultural
Mostly language barrier, Fun place to work, learning the drilling equipment and oil and gas business.
Pros
job secured
Cons
inconsistent pay rise
This was the company I started working with after my graduation. There was a lot of training and learning opportunities. The culture was excellent and people I've worked with were great.
Pros
Flexibility, Fitness equipment at work
Cons
NOV provides a good working environment with training and personnel development. It complies to health, safety and environment policy. It has a better benefit for its employees and provide opportunities to work around the globe. Recreational activities in Halliburton is poor and there is no room for table tennis, swimming pool, football field.
Maintenance Technician with knowledge in trouble shooting control system,pneumatic and hydraulic system ,etc..able to work under pressure and flexible
There is a poor work-life balance in the office because of the amount of workload. This might be due to poor project management.
No one wants to take responsibility in their work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Overall it a good company to work but it always there some bad influences that become a problem, when you give monkey the leash to walk the dog what happens.
Pros
Ya free lunch by contributing
Cons
Break should be 1 hr is reduced to half
Nov is a very good company all departments are very well planned working atmosphere..I enjoy the work as well as the fairwell parties also.very friendly nature ...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Oilwell Varco. Our community is ready to answer.
1K