Meraas Holding Employee Reviews

Definitely an addition to my career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Head offices in SatwaDecember 29, 2019
Working in Meraas helped me develop amazing communication skills and exposed me to new and leading retail concepts in the market. It was very demanding, however, very interesting and exciting.
It's a fun place to work with.
F&B Associate & Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  DubaiDecember 26, 2019
I cannot say thank you enough for meraas, I learned a lot from them. We've been through a lot but we are still fighting. Meraas offered you a lot trainings and activities. We were treated as one. they are paying on time.
Pros
Free Trainings
Cons
Long hours in weekend
Great variety but low performance culture
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 4, 2019
The people making Meraas are really quite lovely and very supportive. However, the overall culture does not support high performance. Obtaining forward strategic decisions can be difficult given the diversity of the company's many moving parts which slows it down. However, it embodies enviable creativity and has a strong mission statement.
Educational, life experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAEOctober 19, 2019
I left Montenegro when I was 19 y/o. My job in Dubai was my first work experience abroad and it was very beneficial for me. I learnt how to work in team, how to live on my own, how to compromise and find balance when needed.

My manager was Italian, with quite high standards and expectations and very good at passing his experience to us. So it was very easy for me to learn and catch up with other guys on team, and I was the only one with no previous experience in F&B.

My day used to start with a short briefing about the specials of the day, what is for upselling and similar. After that we would check the cutlery and condiment station, to refill what's missing. And the day can start. We strove to provide the best service, with full knowledge of the menu and also about the restaurant, its background and places of interest that you can find around.

My team was quite diverse, we were people from around the world - Europe, Asia, Africa.. And it was really refreshing, meeting new people getting to know them and their customs, culture..

I am thinking and to be honest I can't remember the hardest part of this job, it was not hard at all, but it wasn't something I wanted to do in my life, so I quit.
fun
customer Service officer (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 12, 2019
 Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
 Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
 Maintains customer records by updating account information.
 Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
 Support marketing, tenant relation and maintenance team for maintaining the mall standards.
Visit attraction sites
Concierge (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 15, 2019
Employees get to visit tourist attraction sites. Alot of internal training which really aids in expanding your knowledge. Bonuses at end of yearly quarter. Overall it is a really good place to work at.
Pros
No overtime, pay is on time, respect among employees. Team work is great
Cons
Management on the ground are biased they have favorites.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  JBRAugust 5, 2019
fabulous management and a learning program with certification to advance performance. good teamwork empowerment and staff support. outdoor experience especially the hot beach summer heat and standing for long hours
Pros
nice yearly bonus
Cons
standing for long hours in the sun
Poor management,poor organization
F&B (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 16, 2019
Place where only management has benefits,and staff is there to follow a lot of stupid desicion they make,but it will go on staff back. No respect ( if you are manager you are not a God) . The lady HR OOOO MY GOD!!! HOW DID YOU GET THERE? Most of them need real and proper education.
ETHICS,ETHICS,ETHICS
Company review
Senior Operations & Tenant Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 15, 2019
A great company to work with, Great management. One of the largest companies to work for in Dubai. Growing day after another. although its hard to grow with in the company
Poor Leadership (2014-2016)
General Manager (Retail Asset Management) (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAEFebruary 28, 2019
During my tenure in the company, the senior management was not approachable, came across inexperienced to mentor or lead a team positively. the working environment was unhealthy.
Fast-growing, new and exciting
PR & Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Dubai, AEDecember 17, 2018
This was a fantastic opportunity as Meraas was just starting up - in 2 years the company went from 6 restaurants to 26 and so marketing and PR management for the brands were crucial. With extensive copywriting, social media and PR skills needed this role was key in cementing my position in the marketing world.
Pros
Huge growth and opportunity
Cons
New company and corporate limits at times
productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 13, 2018
working with Meraas gave me a huge experience which helped me to grow.
i learned how to be responsible. how to do shipment by myself. to be in charge of the store when the manager is not available.
Pros
events
Cons
helthcare
Door opening for experience
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 24, 2018
Working for a company like Meraas for 3 years, I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience.
I had the opportunity to work in Outlets like Poco Loco, Big Chefs, Pots Pans & Boards,Butcha, Homestead restaurant & bakery
I worked with people of all nationalities who comes from different culture and various work ethics.
A normal day at work will start by attending the briefings in which we discuss the sales and comments about the previous days business and making a plan of action for the following day. then each the team members are given responsibilities and allotted sections which they will handle.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to motivate and train people to follow the standards to achieve the set goals
Very Good Place to Work But no growing chances
Concierge (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 19, 2018
It was a very good experience to start my experience in Dubai with such big company but you do not have a chance to grow and flourish in this company if you are starting in an entry level.
It has very stupid internal moving procedures as well.
Productive and Fun
Project Management (Former Employee) –  BoxparkOctober 8, 2018
Used lots of my Project Management and Creativity skills

We had certain events to be completed at very tight deadlines. The team was incredibly attentive and supportive and really wanted us to succeed.
Best Company to work
Network & Systems Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Diwan of DubaiSeptember 29, 2018
Best company to work in Dubai,
Explain what was our Job Profile previously like in my case it was Routing, Switching, Security, IP telephony, ACLs, Firewalls, Failover etc.
Pros
Best Environment
Cons
Na
Good company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 27, 2018
A fast paced and high pressure culture with a lot of achievement and not enough celebration of success. Decision making could more decentralised making it even faster.
Senior Manager, Technical Services (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 3, 2018
A process driven organisation.
Working with multiple level of contractors in construction environment.
Great management.
Multi nationational
Getting the approvals through
It was fun to work
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  CitywalkAugust 9, 2018
It is very fun to work in those companies. I m looking for the better opportunities from my long time experience In UAE. I can prove my skills in terms of customer service generating revenue and lead the business in to higher level.
Pros
Annual ticket bonus
Cons
8 hours
Nice company to work for though they still far behind in the hospitality sector
Manager of Sales Department (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 5, 2018
Slow advancement and career enhancement
One of the biggest real estate companies in the region
Good pay and health insurance
Family benefits for managerial level
Pros
Good pay, good health insurance and family benefits
Cons
Slow advancement and career enhancement