Medicentres Employee Reviews

Not the best of employers
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 21, 2017
Very bad management (their way or the highway attitude). Pay rises very small and work life balance not good. Having to do shifts not in keeping with family! They do however train their staff well in their required roles!
Pros
Lovely doctors and nurses
Cons
Difficult night time shifts!
Worked with a lot of different cultures.When your shift was done so was your job because of shift work.
Receptionist 2 / Manager Relief (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2016
Working shift work,your job was done when you were done because, you only did so much in that shift. This type of job it is very different from a job you work days with,because,some of the work could only be done at certain times of the day. Which was more or less depending on your shift and which part of the day it was. I learned that you could only do so much in one day,a posed to the night shift. As a go get'r kind of person,you need to learn this at this type of job! Mgmt worked the day shift only,not the night. I did do the day shift which I started working after 3 years of shift work. In that time,my mgmt did reviews,scheduling for both Dr's and Co-workers,insurances etc and was very good at it. Mgmt taught me,these things in the business,as well as running the company when she is gone. This job gave me the opportunity to work with a lot of different cultures.
Pros
2 weeks holiday, paid lunch and insurance bennifits.
Cons
within the five years of working bennifits and holidays were no longer paid for.
fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2013
the staff was mostly great!
however a lot of double standards, some receptionist would have boyfriend behind the counter,
managers used facebook and texting as communication, no in person communication between staff..
lots of drama between certain people.
Productive and fun work place
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 12, 2012
Worked in a Clinic setting with 10 General Practice Physicians and 2 Pediatricians. Daily duties include: using EMR, perform injections, measuring the growth of children, patient care, prenatal care, assisting physicans with biopsies and applying dressings.
good for a first job