McDermott Employee Reviews

Great work life balance
Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 25, 2018
Great place to work. All the employees are well taken care of from salary benefits to medical leaves. they give ample time off work and encourage all employees.
Competitive learning environment
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 11, 2018
A day at McDermott used to be quite hectic and long. Everday present with new challenges and tight deadlines. I learned a lot here and have grown as a persona and professional.
Knowledgeable and Productive work environment
Admin Assistant/Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DubaiAugust 1, 2018
Very professional working environment.

Good exposure and work-life balance.

Its immensely good learning experience working with different departments.

Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Good company
ETO (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 27, 2018
Good company good salary and benefits, exelent training and safety intruction, good work team , good instalations accomodation diferent nacionalities working together like a team
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Long times lay down not contract for the vessels
working rigging
skilled rigger (Current Employee) –  dubaiJuly 20, 2018
I working hourly..if work shot down sent opened leave.onshore and offshore job working ...employe job is not fix when reduce and sent home..but every work have compony safety is very good.always employee health and task care compony..
Pros
employee self food
Cons
8+2 hour working
Hard Working Atmosphere with poor Work/Rest Rotational Cycle
Offshore Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dubai UAEJuly 18, 2018
As a contracting Company all the companies that I work for internationally offer little job security or work/leave cycles that fall into a normal FIFO conditions
Pros
Save a lot of money due to the long ( 90+ days ) offshore
Cons
long work cycles
Excellent Workplace
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 26, 2018
Excellent Workplace, employees have great opportunities for career growth. Employees are provided with trainings for career development and safety matters. Very safe workplace.
Productive and fun place
E&I QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 9, 2018
Work start at 7 am till 3 pm . I learned a lot regarding inspection and supervise the quality standard of company. Management is very strick with regards of Opponent Company and with zero tolerance in safety. Have a nice and good work place and they are concern of there employees and employer. The hardest part of the job is during the rough sea season. The enjoyable part of the job is during the team building.
Pros
Free accommodation, transportation and meals.
Cons
6 working days
Multinational
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 7, 2018
Thoroughly professional company, with over 125 years of history. The work culture and team building environment was most beneficial to all employees. Learned a lot at this company to help me with advancing in my career.
Fun Working
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  DubaiMay 4, 2018
Not much workload. Safe environment for working. Much focus is given on Safety of the personals. Increments and appraisals are rare. Employee themselves need to see their career.
Perfect work environment
Buyer (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 1, 2018
CB&I offers close to perfect work environment, employees are happy with the full benefits of air ticket allowance, medical insurance in full coverage and other allowances
RIGGER (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 18, 2018
Typical day everyday, same work, same people. The management is good, good food, clean work place. the hardest part of the job is not the job itself it's just a familiarization, the hard part is that the people you work with different nationalities, you have to adjust yourself to be able to have a fine work with them.
Pros
Free food, plane ticket
Cons
long hour of work
Engineer
E&I Hook Up Engineer (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 14, 2018
Good days work. 8am - 5pm,
Knowledge of E&I Construction management
Hardest part - 2 to 3 work activities in parallel, both on priority.
Enjoyable part - after having given a good presentation.
Pros
close to city, continous project contracts
Cons
Overload of work
A company with diverse culture and good work environment
Principal Accounting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jebel Ali FreezoneMarch 21, 2018
In my 2+ years of experience with the company, I have learned how to work and cope up in a multi culture work environment.

The work experience in the company has made me understand and apply my academic knowledge and implement it where necessary.

The company and my team has guided me in the area of weakness and provided suggestions where improvements can be made personally and in work as well.
Best offshore field
Offshore Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Dubai, UAEFebruary 25, 2018
I like to work this offshore fields, always has a deadline to finish task.. I specially work for offshore anchor patterns where i am master for this area. Can say proudly
Pros
Cons
Yes sometimes
the mcdermott was a good company
Welder in Offshore (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 11, 2018
i did work with mcdermott inc almost 7 years in dubai. this company is oil base company they build oil and gas platform. i worked as a pipe and structural welder. i enjoyed work in this company there work environment was awesome all coworker and management was so friendly. salary and benefit was very good. but some time was work pressure but i know it is the part of work. i can handle of any work pressure, the mcdermott always maintain their moto, their moto is Safety-quality-ethics and productivity.
Pros
lunch
Cons
overtime
Challenging and rewarding
Senior Project HSES Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 3, 2018
Top tier EPCI company that promotes thinking out of the box and pushes people to get the best out of them. An organisation that has aspiration to become the best in its industry and progressive in business.
Pros
multi cultural experience
Cons
Very long hours
more safety oriented workplace
Electrical Estimator (Former Employee) –  dubaiJanuary 13, 2018
enjoyed working with different culture.Enjoyed working safely. Enjoyed benefits from company.Men and women equal importance given.Enjoyed working under pressure.
Pros
secure job
Cons
Had a Job sanctification for the Salary I was paid and with the working atmospher
Sr. Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Dubai, U.A.EJanuary 11, 2018
One thing I learnt from the past experience is that we should not slog for the company.

My way of working is to come on time and do your best in the allotted time. Try to do your job right in the beginning it self.

Over time should not be encouraged.

The most enjoyable part in the company is when you finish the Project on time and with good profit.

Tough times in the companies are when the project is coated with less hours and task to finish it.
Productive and fun
Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 3, 2017
Have to report to work every day (7 days a week) to meet the routine productive time. Checking attendance of the day's personnel/workers, issuing permits and endorsement, conducting trainings and toolbox talk.
Pros
Conducts drills, muster and man overboard training
Cons
un-announce drills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDermott. Our community is ready to answer.

McDermott Reviews by Location