Marriott International, Inc. Management reviews

Found 194 reviews matching the search See all 19,036 reviews
Working as chief steward
Assistant chief steward (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 16, 2018
• Directly Report to EX. Chef and Operation Manager.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner
• Performs all duties of utility employees as necessary
• Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver and ensures adequate clean supplies of each
• Coordinates banquet plating and food running with Banquet Chef and Banquet Manager.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment.
• Enforces proper breakdown procedures for banquets, restaurants, room service and employee cafeteria
• Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
• Interacts with vendors and representatives as required.
• Monitor employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Manages payroll administration.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
feedback
Guest Service Center Agent & Restaurant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 11, 2018
I am working 9hurs
I learn how to be responsible in handling things
the management in our property are very helpful
the hardest part in my job is the Pressure
great place to work
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 5, 2018
Jw Marriott Marquis is a great place to work. Company takes very good care of line staff and top management.
It was and pleasure to work with marriott
Pros
all inclusive
Cons
according to requirments
Best to place to work with.
Trainee as bartender at champions bar (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 10, 2018
I am happy that I got golden opportunity and right plateform to start my career. I leant a lot and I am taking a lot of leanings and experience from here . I am having my best memories.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks
Cons
Time management is great
Productive and Growth Oriented Company
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 25, 2018
There is always a room for growth and improvement in the company. Got promoted from All Day Dining Restaurant to Front Office Department after finishing a training with them. The management and the Marriott International itself has lots of fun activities which helps people to release stress, help the environment and those in need as well as enjoying while working. Trainings are given to improve associates and give the best service to the guests. The hardest part of the job is sometimes an associate can be pressured however with the support of the team, and individual will have growth while working in the company. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is it does not feel like you are only working but enjoying as well at the same time as they are taking care of the associates so much because they believe that, If they take care of the associates, associates will take care of the guest like they do.
Pros
Appreciating associates
Cons
Long hours if it is busy but it is fine, understandable reasons.
Poor management
Receptionist at Marriott Marquis (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 6, 2018
For the whole time i was working there ( almost a year ) i haven't received any training, except my 3 first working days. Management treat the staff very badly and they have very poor management skills. There is no empathy, support or motivation.
good reference to work in a Marriott Company
Restaurant Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  LobbyAugust 4, 2018
it is not about the name of the company. it depends on the management, or the leader you are reporting with. it is not about what you do, it is who you work with.
Working as a Hostess Receptionist cashiering and admin task
Restaurant reservation (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 28, 2018
I am very proud of where i am now especially working in Marriott company. But we all know that we need more additional knowledge and new environment to be able to pursue our career level. We all need some changes to find our self more responsible in doing new things and grow more. I am currently working in Marriott company where i have started in here since 2006. WE have good management where they've been very helpful in all staff and most off all they are there to help you what matters most. The most enjoyable i had in here is working with passion and my manager is always there to help us and treat us fair in many ways.
active
Tailor (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJuly 26, 2018
Busy of my work/job.
Can adjust/communicate to other staff/co-workers cause most or majority knows to speak english even different nationalities.
Management there's a time they giving party days to staff.
Amazing place
Front Office Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 25, 2018
One of the best place to work learn a lot from the ptofessional management good trainings and absolutely good quality of life.. to learn and grow its the best hotel
Pros
Best
Good
Training Coordinator / Brand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 24, 2018
A productive and rewarding place to work. lots a chances to learn and progress into different areas of the business. Management are encouraging to members of staff.
Company oriented management
Employee (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 30, 2018
The management in this company values the company far more than the well-being of its employees. Overtime is not paid. Career change is encouraged here but very less of career growth is available.
Pros
Package includes accommodation and free food.
Cons
no overtime pay and no live-out allowance given.
there is a gift for every month for best worker.
Technician (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 23, 2018
yes. we are working as a A/C Technician as a Sift duty Technician and some time Room Technician. I learned team worked how to handling the pressure. Because my team and my MANAGEMENT help me lot. its very good place work and learn. wen we did some major work what there providing. we got relay appreciated from all managements from the hotel.
Pros
free 3 time food. free wifi in cafeteria for brace time.
Cons
Daly
simply awwesome
Senior Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Dubai International Financial CenterJune 10, 2018
BEST COMPANY TO WORK. a place where staff is really respcted and taken care of. its a pleasure working with such a company. managements listens to you cares for you.
friendly atmosphare
Chief Engineer - St. Regis (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 4, 2018
Good team management with lots strength..,
few challenges in property.
friendly atmosphere.
positive reviews.
wonderful property
occupancy is challenging
daily operation
Guest Relation Officer (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 8, 2018
there were good days and difficult days however I was strong enough to meet any hard days and i have learned a lot , management always there for us, i was so happy there work with my team
Great Industry!
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 30, 2018
I worked with the company for three years and the work environment was superb. Although, the company needs to be a lot better with management and handling of the employees. Other than that, It has been a great place to work to.
productive place to work at
Executive Lounge attendant (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 9, 2018
it was avery diverse place very supportive management great team players,
motivation from the management
cultural representation
proper working hours
sense of belonging
helps the community
rich heritage of impeccable personal service and superb hospitality is complemented by the exclusivity and individuality of its properties.
embracing the cultural traditions of its location
Pros
freedom of speech
Cons
one day off
productive and fun
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai MarinaMarch 25, 2018
A nice place to work. Great team and Management. You will always see smile on the face of each and every staff.
management takes great care of staffs.
Guest service is excellent.
Productive and very nice place
Reservation agent (Current Employee) –  FujairaMarch 22, 2018
I learned from this place the meaning of working pressure and gained experience in dealing with people more
The management is characterized by professionalism and attention to the requirements of the work team and the work of the activities of the parties and events throughout the year
Pros
reservation agent
Cons
9 Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.7K