Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 569 reviews matching the search See all 19,036 reviews
Largest Hotel company
Laundry Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sheraton Grand Hotel DubaiDecember 13, 2018
I was always willing to work in Marriott Hotels was hired to work at Sheraton Grand i only come to know after joining The Starwood hotels has been Taken over by the Marriott it was fantastic feeling.

I am lucky
Pros
Best training
Work place
Butler (Current Employee) –  St Regis Abu Dhabi, AEDecember 5, 2018
Great location, really pleasant place to work , but the thing that makes this such a good place to work are the staff. All of the people are incredibly helpful and generous with their time and advice.Initially i star my career in Food and beverage then i moved to butler in front office and i got to know more about all the department.Brand like St Regis its my pleasure to work there as a butler.
Effecient Management
Restaurant Server/ Hostess (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 28, 2018
Working in Westin Hotel and Resorts is a great experience because it develops my indepence since I work away from my country. And I learned to adapt the attitudes of my foreign colleagues of different culture, language and traditions.
Pros
Free food, accommodation and tranportation
Great place
Trainee in Rooms Division (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 6, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort. I was working with a great and supportive team which gave me great motivation and support.
Productive and fun
waiter (Former Employee) –  Dubai MarinaNovember 5, 2018
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Multi-tasking abilities with proficiency in organizing and managing different tasks
● Expert knowledge of handling administration and paperwork
● Proficient in assigning duties and scheduling shifts
● Dynamic young professional of hospitality, passion-driven and customer focused, with ability in providing personalized service and maintaining cordial relationships.
● Organize and directing individual, skilled at planning implementing result oriented plans to manage effectively operation and outlet profitability.
● High communication skills comprehensive of fluent English language, emotional intelligence and ability to relate to people in a multicultural environment combined with cheerful personality and pleasant presentation
Always productive
driver (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 17, 2018
I am doing my job and helping others to finish tasks in their area.
SKILLS:
 Very Energetic result oriented and organized
 Efficient and well behaved person
 Extremely hardworking self-motivated and able to work independently in a team environment under supervision
 Keep excellent inter personal relations with colleagues and ready to help them.
Working as chief steward
Assistant chief steward (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 16, 2018
• Directly Report to EX. Chef and Operation Manager.
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner
• Performs all duties of utility employees as necessary
• Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver and ensures adequate clean supplies of each
• Coordinates banquet plating and food running with Banquet Chef and Banquet Manager.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment.
• Enforces proper breakdown procedures for banquets, restaurants, room service and employee cafeteria
• Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
• Interacts with vendors and representatives as required.
• Monitor employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Manages payroll administration.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
Le Meridien
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  FujairahOctober 15, 2018
Report on duty 10 minutes before time, take a quick briefing then go to the desk. Check occupancy and duty manager for the day, Update all files and guest requests and follow up. Welcome every guest with a smile and observe luggage in the lobby when there is heavy check in or check out.Explain hotel facilities to guests and help in arranging vehicles and other guest requests.

Customer Relation and Problem solving

Resourceful

Greet the Guest with a smile

Interacting with guests and the feedback
Pros
1 squared meal daily
Cons
Transportation difficulties
feedback
Guest Service Center Agent & Restaurant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 11, 2018
I am working 9hurs
I learn how to be responsible in handling things
the management in our property are very helpful
the hardest part in my job is the Pressure
great place to work
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 5, 2018
Jw Marriott Marquis is a great place to work. Company takes very good care of line staff and top management.
It was and pleasure to work with marriott
Pros
all inclusive
Cons
according to requirments
very good work place
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneOctober 2, 2018
It's good experience with Marriott international , fun in a work place
good team worker our accommodation ,food , is also good and the good thing end of the u get bonus and party .
Waitress/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 20, 2018
Working with this company is the best learning i have in my career. I have learned to build my self esteem, i was able to show my skills, the cimpany and the people adds more knowledge through there programs and mentors, and most of all whatever i have learned from this company is a treasure that i will be carrying towards my journey in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Free launch
Cons
Full time
Commi 1St Fish Kitchen (Aegean Cuisine) (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 16, 2018
Very good place to work and one thing is best if we are doing long hours duty they are giving over time and lieu days and they are providing good food to satff
Pros
Giving good living standard
Cons
New property with potential but many challanges
Complex Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAESeptember 13, 2018
this is a great property and it needs more time to truly become an icon in the city. it has great people and potential which will grow with time. people are dedicated
Pros
great product
Cons
new property and needs more marketing
Best to place to work with.
Trainee as bartender at champions bar (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 10, 2018
I am happy that I got golden opportunity and right plateform to start my career. I leant a lot and I am taking a lot of leanings and experience from here . I am having my best memories.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks
Cons
Time management is great
great place to workfree lunch
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  al forsan abu dhabiSeptember 9, 2018
Its a great place to work. The overall experience mold me to the person i am today. Learned some training that the company provides to become a better employee.g
Pros
free lunch
ho imparato molto
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 4, 2018
Lavoro stressante ma impari molto , rapporto con i clienti e la ligua inglese
Busy Operation
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  DubaiAugust 30, 2018
Well trained for a business operation, most of the time the operation is tight and busy, as we have a lot of groups and accomplished guest staying with us.
Productive and Growth Oriented Company
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 25, 2018
There is always a room for growth and improvement in the company. Got promoted from All Day Dining Restaurant to Front Office Department after finishing a training with them. The management and the Marriott International itself has lots of fun activities which helps people to release stress, help the environment and those in need as well as enjoying while working. Trainings are given to improve associates and give the best service to the guests. The hardest part of the job is sometimes an associate can be pressured however with the support of the team, and individual will have growth while working in the company. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is it does not feel like you are only working but enjoying as well at the same time as they are taking care of the associates so much because they believe that, If they take care of the associates, associates will take care of the guest like they do.
Pros
Appreciating associates
Cons
Long hours if it is busy but it is fine, understandable reasons.
Shift Team Leader
Shift Leader / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 22, 2018
Front office activities are fun, every minute there is a new task to be attended too, you are never bored working in Hotels, meeting new cultures, traditions, this is the most fun area to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.7K