M.H. Alshaya Co. Employee Reviews

Store Administrator /Store Person In Charge (Former Employee) –  DubaiMarch 9, 2019
A professional individual who is eager to learn new things and can work in a busy environment. I'm dedicated and have a passion in my job. Hardworking
Pros
Free food, medical insurance and other benefits
Cons
No free ticket
Takes community pulse but still thinking actions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 9, 2019
Recently had the second annual service summit, on level A panels. Expectations met as overall event/panel, but answers still down as beginner level. We heard 10yr+ tenured people saying 'they are still looking for answers'.
Pros
Work life balance for office based people
Cons
High starting salary for sales force but very limited insurance coverage
Its really an honor to work with Alshaya
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  FujairahMarch 4, 2019
I am happy to work with this company. I learned a lot while working with this company. Management is really good. At my workplace all staff is very kind and helpful. Sometimes it become hard to convince the customers to be a buyer. While on duty we met so many different type of customers who belongs to different cultures and its really a fun to have time with them.
Good Experience, nice workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 20, 2019
Good Experience, nice workplace, on time salary, transportation, leave salary, correct end of service benefits. few of the Indian mangers are narrow minded especially based in Kuwait
enjoy workplace
Brista of starbucks (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 19, 2019
Get knowledge about coffee and how to make good communication with other peoples. There should be 4 staff for a shift but fewer for busy times. Good teamwork and really enjoy when I was there.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short break
Shop in-charge
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  UAE (Dubai)February 17, 2019
—8 hours duty
—I learned how to manage the team
—Manypower planning according to the business
—Respecting the culture
—Working straight shifts
—Planning and organizing of the store and bonding with the team members
—Achieving the store targets
—Merchendising layout changes on the shop floor
—Receving and checking delivery's daily’s.
Pros
Gifts cards, free meals if we achieve samething
Cons
12-16 hours extends, overnights according to the business needs.
great work education environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 10, 2019
I have learnt a lot for my period of time in Al Shaya , i have managed a very challenging situation ,the hardest part in working through a lot of work pressure , the most enjoying part was seeing my self development along with helping and coaching my team member to take the next step into their future career
team work
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 27, 2019
My experience includes overseeing general kitchen activities, staff supervision, and supply management to streamline kitchen operations and realize optimal dining experiences for restaurant patrons. From scheduling and motivating staff and facilitating catering events to spearheading staff training initiatives and ensuring financial control and accountability, I excel at leveraging my thorough knowledge of food preparation and restaurant kitchen practices to provide an exceptional level of customer service. Thanks
Productive and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Middle EastDecember 22, 2018
I'm very grateful that I have been a part of this Company.My knowledge in F& b widens and expands more.Exceptional communication skills was one of my favorite and it really helps me a lot not only for my career development but also I was able to applied it personally.
productive and one of the best team ive work with
Server (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 5, 2018
its one of the good company but sometimes it would take you long hours especially during busy hours. but really they give best company benefits.like Ive experience n my prenatal period they take charge of the expenses and all. really enjoying healthy workplace. and apart of my appraisals i thin Ive already earned a lot of good colleagues in alshaya company
Pros
free meal, medical insurancs, ompany benefts
fun to work in
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dubai mallDecember 5, 2018
One of the best companies in UAE. You will learn something new all the time. The salary and benefits are given n time and Employees are treated as equals.
its a good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FujairahNovember 14, 2018
thanks to everyone who support me,espically my senior management who hepls me to support in every step to learn more retail business sales,marketing.working in alshaya retail stores is helpfull for self confidence to work with other big companies.
HR is very good
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dubai MallNovember 7, 2018
The best team in company is HR. they do stand for peoples and having strong leadership. They been provide training, proper guideline and support as needed. During my 12 years with Company bring me great memory.
Pros
Some events for employee
Cons
Shift is keep changing like morning and night shift
experience in uae
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 19, 2018
as my 6 years experience in dubai, I learned a lot how to work with other people, how to handle complaints, under pressure, how to follow the different policies of companies, maintaining high standards of company, how to be more efficient to the work, and most important as a good employee.. the most hardest part of me when i leave the company because i work for them as a family but i have to move for my new opportunities and career growth, to be successful? you need a lot of patience. thats how i handle every struggle comes to me.
busy workplace with many activities but with a lot of fun
deputy store manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai Al barsha Mall of the emiratesOctober 19, 2018
I am passion about what i am doing in Victorias secret. I was promoted twice within one brand in Alshaya. I have a learned a lot in my current role and also had opportunities to be cross trained in others stores. Also i was involved in store opening in others countries with people from different nationalities.The hardest part of the job is when we are preparing for the mid year sale during holiday season.
I love my team an its the most enjoyable part of the job when you work with the people who supports and understand you.
Process oriented
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 18, 2018
Culturally different, good process in the midst of transformation new system should give stock accuracy
Miss management highly optimistic Not achieving goals
Great to learn new things
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai AirportOctober 4, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company - joining make positive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive for each other and had a great time together
A great culture - coming to work is fun to work with different nationalities
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DUBAISeptember 25, 2018
I LEARN A LOT IN MY PREVIOUS COMPANY.THERE WAS LOTS OF TRAINING WHICH WAS PROVIDED BY THEM.GOOD TEAM.MANAGER AND COLLEGUES WERE REALLY SUPPORTIVE

Effectively and Efficiently assist the store manager. • Meeting and Greeting to all the client, Anticipate the customer need. • Be a good listener, patient and calm. • Handle the customer complaints and solve them under company policy. • Give the customer and excellent shopping experience. • Explain the features and benefits of the product. • Need to be flexible in the store and with any shift duties given by manager. • Need to obey the command of manager and colleague. • Need to be fast leaner and take responsibility. • Finish the task given by the manager within the given time frame. • Achieving the sales target and focus on increasing sales by using advanced sales techniques. • Maintaining customer relationships in order to build long term brand loyalty. • Handling new launches, promotion of products and visual merchandising. • Ensuring stock replenishment at all times. • Maintaining general cleanliness, hygiene standards and visual displays. • Generating Daily Sales Report, Monthly report Etc. • Following all company procedures in ordering, cash handling and other common practices.
Pros
Good commision structure
Cons
Long hours duty
Good workplace and team players
Senior waiter' Acting MOD, promoted as a receiver. (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 16, 2018
It's a good company to build up your knowledge and future.
Team player and management was very good for the specifically brand.
How ever company needs to focused on the old employees about there increment and specially for the allowances exp. Air ticking.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
9 hours
The worst company EVER
Sales associate, makeup artist (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 12, 2018
The worst company EVER
Management does not know ho to handle staff
The way you will be treated in Alshaya you will not be treated anywhere else (very bad)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M.H. Alshaya Co.. Our community is ready to answer.