L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a tremendous entrepreneurial instinct. For the past century, L’Oréal has pursued a tireless quest: respond to desire for well-being of millions of men and women and give every person the right to beauty by making it accessible.
L’Oréal key – more...numbers (2012):
- €22.5 billion consolidated sales
- 611 patents registered
- across 130 countries
- 72,600 employees
- 27 Intenational Brands
Awards and Recognitions:
- “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by Ethisphere Institute
- One of the 50 “Most Admired Companies” by Fortune Magazine for 2010
- One of the 50 most attractive employers by Universum for 2010
5 Operational Divisions within L’Oréal:
- Consumer Products: High technology products at competitive price distributed through mass-market retailing channels.
- Professional Products: Portfolio of brands that meet the requirements of hair salons .
- Luxury Products: Prestigious brands which offer customers products and premium service in department store, specialty stores and travel retail outlets.
- Active Cosmetics: Dermo-cosmetics products sold in pharmacies and specialist retailers and supported by advice from pharmacists and dermatologists.
- The Body Shop: Naturally inspired and fairly traded products sold in Body Shop stores throughout the world. – less
What are people saying about the leadership at L'Oréal?
of employees approve of Jean Paul Agon’s performance as CEO
CEO Approval is based on 1,619 ratings
Great Place work and learn
Written by Ecommerce Project Manager (Current Employee) from Dubai on January 6, 2020
I working at L'Oréal full-time for more than 10years
Opportunity to learn and grow.
Generous training program and benefits.
Very fast pace.
Poor work-life balance.
Advice to Management
Management encourages work-life balance but feels like the company strategy is to hire young professionals - more...