InterContinental Hotels Group

InterContinental Hotels Group Management reviews

United Arab Emirates251 reviews
smart fair management system where i learnt a lot and more about hospitality

I got a lot of training during my work with IHG

open minded and easy going concept
In experience I had at intercontinental hotel it's showing and prove the meaning of waining ways for the organization and employees as well starting from management.
Excellent opportunity by working this company. They give you proper trained.friendly moving management And team members.i working 2 years in this company I get more knowledge about my department.
It looks like a supermarket not a 5 stars hotel, i swear nothing is correct there.. business is going down, so bad reviews but no one care, promotion only for who can cheat and betray the colleagues or to who can make a show, arrogant management, really it’s a disaster environment
i really enjoy the company and my position .the best 100%. al way supporting and helping management . every year staff party every month staff appreciation
Pros
lunch Free and transportation and accommodation
Cons
full health insurance any time you can take break
don't work for it!!! they treat people like slaves with disgusting salary and working hours. biggest mistake is work for them, don't do that unless you wanna fell really upset every day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department.

Recruit and train new employees. Assigns new employees to work with experienced help. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.

Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items. Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.

o Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.

o Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.

o Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.

o Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.

o Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.

o Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.

o Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures

o Prepare reports for management information.
o Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.

o Plan, control and supervise Horticultural
 - more...
Pros
Family package
Cons
A good management system is in intercon quality of food and service best iken for intercon .to good environment to working area all chefs are helping mentality.
I do, dealing with the guest inquiry over phone and email, learned how to deal any guest complaint.
My daily work, doing rooms, and restaurant reservation, one of the hardest part was how to manage a guest with high temper of a tough guest when they dont find the their high expectation from the Hotel as a 5 star Hotel.

Best past was when you received an appreciation from the management, being an winner a employee of the month and being promoted to the 2nd level of your career.
A well-organized workplace
Organizing VIP events like Butler service for Heads of States

Good rapport with management and employees
Good training facilities for development
Hardest part - Managing events like GCC heads of States meeting

Enjoying the respect and team spirit.
Pros
Good rapport with management
Cons
Getting stuck in same position
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at InterContinental Hotels Group?
Working at IHG a big brand with lot of hotels around the world has enlightened me to meet people and empowered me to solve day to day issues. The management is one in a million and they will do anything to make the colleagues happy and reach their careers in the hospitality industry.
Faced an issue where a guest had requested for an early check in and we were fully booked for the last night.Guest was so furious as his reservation was from last night and he wanted to have the room ready upon arrival.Upon seeing his emotions i listen clearly without interfering,then i empathize with him as if i were in his shoes i would have act the same way.Then i apologized sincerely for the inconvenienced caused.Immediately i spoke to the house keeping colleague we allocated a room for the guest immediately and i offered the pool area for the guest if he would love to change.I provided him with a drink voucher and later i spoke to my manager and we managed to give him a complimentary dinner and he was truly satisfied with the kind and swift way we delivered a solution to his problem.

The best part is team outing and bonding.During this time all your stress both work and home are forgotten about we visited the palm Atlantis and one ride could carry all your troubles away.It was just so memorable and finally a drink up and barbecue to end a lovely day.
A hotel with a lot of potential but needs the right people to pull the strings for it to work and to make it a better place for employees as such . Management could do a better job to make the work environment better.
Pros
Barbeque nights, ok service charge
Cons
Have to pay for amenties for employees
good place to work.but for me not enogh to grow up my skill over there. And very far our accommodation so its so hard to live. And don't have training programmed for us. And HR is not fair for staff. Only care management level.
Pros
not free there
Cons
health care
I have never worked in such unprofessional environment. The attitude of some managers is very disrespectful especially towards female colleagues. I have seen a lots of degradation of junior staff by the seniors.Overall i would never recommend any of my friends or relatives to work there.
great hotel for working.i am very happy to work here. i got a good chance to learn a lot. i learn about sushi. the management support too much.i can handle a section now.
Amazing place to work , great line employees but salary is too low for some nationalities, which not suppose to be, Management was good in Early till 2013 but later it became worst.
There were a lot of advancement opportunities and great training programs. A busy work place, lot of benefits. long work hours but friendly staff and management.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Great workplace, Lot of opportunities with added bebefits and great people from all around the world.

A Luxury brand where you can learn a lot, and great management.
This Hotel better than my privies properties so i'm looking for change my job title i have done my training i want to change my current department Thanks
everyday busy day, most busiest hour from 8pm-11pm. multi tasking and learned more techniques making cocktails and work faster behind the bar. management good, providing what the staff needs, bonuses, incentives.working in different nationalities bit challenging. working in middle east is different culture, easy to cope. hardest part is i have to work in three restaurant longs hours and need to change uniform 3x as well, working even it really busy and hot, humid, windy fun, when we see guest are satisfied and make them smile and give a generous tips.
Pros
free, accomudations, food, transportation and big tips
Cons
Productive and team work and fun
I growth very fast and learning from management
i have been work here more 2 years and its really enjoyable, i like the culture of company