InterContinental Hotels Group Management reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 2,911 reviews
disgusting company
head bartender (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 12, 2019
don't work for it!!! they treat people like slaves with disgusting salary and working hours. biggest mistake is work for them, don't do that unless you wanna fell really upset every day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
demi chef in intercontinental hotel
Demi chef de partie (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 5, 2019
A good management system is in intercon quality of food and service best iken for intercon .to good environment to working area all chefs are helping mentality.
Letter head
F&B Reservation sales specialist (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 19, 2019
I do, dealing with the guest inquiry over phone and email, learned how to deal any guest complaint.
My daily work, doing rooms, and restaurant reservation, one of the hardest part was how to manage a guest with high temper of a tough guest when they dont find the their high expectation from the Hotel as a 5 star Hotel.
Best past was when you received an appreciation from the management, being an winner a employee of the month and being promoted to the 2nd level of your career.
Gentlemen and ladies atmosphere
Room Service Manager/ FB trainer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 10, 2019
A well-organized workplace
Organizing VIP events like Butler service for Heads of States
Good rapport with management and employees
Good training facilities for development
Hardest part - Managing events like GCC heads of States meeting
Enjoying the respect and team spirit.
Pros
Good rapport with management
Cons
Getting stuck in same position
Educative and fun place to work. With different nationalities and learning from cultures all around the world.
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 20, 2018
Working at IHG a big brand with lot of hotels around the world has enlightened me to meet people and empowered me to solve day to day issues. The management is one in a million and they will do anything to make the colleagues happy and reach their careers in the hospitality industry.
Faced an issue where a guest had requested for an early check in and we were fully booked for the last night.Guest was so furious as his reservation was from last night and he wanted to have the room ready upon arrival.Upon seeing his emotions i listen clearly without interfering,then i empathize with him as if i were in his shoes i would have act the same way.Then i apologized sincerely for the inconvenienced caused.Immediately i spoke to the house keeping colleague we allocated a room for the guest immediately and i offered the pool area for the guest if he would love to change.I provided him with a drink voucher and later i spoke to my manager and we managed to give him a complimentary dinner and he was truly satisfied with the kind and swift way we delivered a solution to his problem.

The best part is team outing and bonding.During this time all your stress both work and home are forgotten about we visited the palm Atlantis and one ride could carry all your troubles away.It was just so memorable and finally a drink up and barbecue to end a lovely day.
An ok workplace with no such thing as a ping pong table for employees
Chef (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 7, 2018
A hotel with a lot of potential but needs the right people to pull the strings for it to work and to make it a better place for employees as such . Management could do a better job to make the work environment better.
Pros
Barbeque nights, ok service charge
Cons
Have to pay for amenties for employees
good place to work
Chef de party (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 6, 2018
good place to work.but for me not enogh to grow up my skill over there. And very far our accommodation so its so hard to live. And don't have training programmed for us. And HR is not fair for staff. Only care management level.
Pros
not free there
Cons
health care
inadequate working environment
Finance Secretary (Former Employee) –  DubaiMarch 12, 2018
I have never worked in such unprofessional environment. The attitude of some managers is very disrespectful especially towards female colleagues. I have seen a lots of degradation of junior staff by the seniors.Overall i would never recommend any of my friends or relatives to work there.
great hotel
commis 1 (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 25, 2018
great hotel for working.i am very happy to work here. i got a good chance to learn a lot. i learn about sushi. the management support too much.i can handle a section now.
Working Place
Area Procurement Executive / Secretary (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 24, 2018
Amazing place to work , great line employees but salary is too low for some nationalities, which not suppose to be, Management was good in Early till 2013 but later it became worst.
Training and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 1, 2018
There were a lot of advancement opportunities and great training programs. A busy work place, lot of benefits. long work hours but friendly staff and management.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Great Place
Reservations Agent (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 22, 2018
Great workplace, Lot of opportunities with added bebefits and great people from all around the world.

A Luxury brand where you can learn a lot, and great management.
Good
Room Attendant, Housekeeping Department (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 7, 2018
This Hotel better than my privies properties so i'm looking for change my job title i have done my training i want to change my current department Thanks
recreational and free accomudation, transportation, and food
BARTENDER/HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  abudhabiJanuary 4, 2018
everyday busy day, most busiest hour from 8pm-11pm. multi tasking and learned more techniques making cocktails and work faster behind the bar. management good, providing what the staff needs, bonuses, incentives.working in different nationalities bit challenging. working in middle east is different culture, easy to cope. hardest part is i have to work in three restaurant longs hours and need to change uniform 3x as well, working even it really busy and hot, humid, windy fun, when we see guest are satisfied and make them smile and give a generous tips.
Pros
free, accomudations, food, transportation and big tips
Productive and team work and fun
Spa Therapist (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 31, 2017
Productive and team work and fun
I growth very fast and learning from management
i have been work here more 2 years and its really enjoyable, i like the culture of company
Fun place to work, great management to make you feel comfortable at all times.
Internship (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 2, 2017
My personal experience was brilliant, I got to learn a lot in every department as the employees went the extra mile to make sure I learned and understood everything that was required of me. The culture of IHG is very friendly and supportive, I did not have to hesitate before asking anyone a doubt I had even if was multiple times. The hardest part of the entire internship was that there was a lot of pressure involved at every step but despite that I enjoyed every moment and there was not one day I did not get to learn something new. From the basics of how a hotel works to being at the front desk and facing guest complaints.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Inconvenient shifts
Productive, fun work place and challenging
Adminstrative Assistant for Director of IT AMEA (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 28, 2017
• Provided project management support to the team and the director of Technology
• Provided professional assistance to Director of Technology
• Raised purchase orders for InterContinental Hotel Group
• Maintained Global Technology AMEA’s customer contacts and vendor lists.
Productive and great working place, with elit club for colleagues
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 15, 2017
A great place to work where all departments and the team members are trained to provide exceptional service to our guest . We have all the tools training program for us to learn and develop ourself and to use all the techniques to deliver as what we promise to our guest. The management team are very supportive they make sure that all colleagues have the proper training.
Pros
Free meal, free transportation, free housing, laundry allowance, airline ticket
Cons
The place had provided me so much knowledge
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dubai MarinaAugust 31, 2017
It was a great place to work the management team are conducting a lot of training that is very beneficial to the employees. The company goals is to motivate and help the staff to grow their career by giving them trainings and seminars. I have been working for this company for more than 8 years in three different hotels.
Pros
Beautiful Accommodation, tranportation meal on duty and employees discounts on Room rates
Career growth
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 29, 2017
10 years of success and learning new things and challenges, great spirit helped to enhance my leadership and management style. in total 10 years with InterContinental "IHG group"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2