IBM Employee Reviews

Found 71 reviews matching the search See all 27,262 reviews
Stressful environemnt
Waiter (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 30, 2019
IBM Cloud is facing it's worst days. The Cloud Management has created a stressful environment that only cares about numbers and not the people. I would advise against joining IBM Cloud Unit.
Environement agreable
Digital Sales Cloud Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  dubaiMay 20, 2019
J'ai beaucoup appris chez IBM, beaucoup de formations, de ressources. Beaucoup de stress aussi.
Sr IT support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiApril 28, 2019
good company for IT professionals for their future
IBM is a very good product company.
I have learnt may things...expertise in multiple technologies.
Work life balance, Workplace culture.
Opportunities etc...
Good people culture
Marketing and Communications Operations (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 21, 2019
Very good culture as it is a melting pot, lots of team members like to share their expertise, however there can be an improvement in change management aspect.
Productive and relaxed place
Internship (Former Employee) –  DubaiMarch 24, 2019
A great productive place for young engineer to thrive and learn. Despite me being an intern, my superiors were keen to help and always available to be of assistance.
Good place to work.
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 15, 2019
The people are very nice and everyone is very social.
Working enviroment is nice and you are easily able tp work with colleagues from different countries.
Creativity
Delivery Project Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 14, 2019
Allowed me to be creative, encouraged my creativity and allowed me to innovate consistently. Learning is encouraged, using AI to assist in learning is great, it encourages growth in specific areas and allows you to nurture or enhance those areas. Identifies weakness and encourages you to increase skills in the weak areas.
IBM terrible place to work!
Deputy Project Executive - Operations (Current Employee) –  Dubai, UAEFebruary 11, 2019
Poorly led, No vision - Company doesn't care about staff or customers. Customers are regularly screwed over and contracts breached. Staff are treated as expendable.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay
Productive and Great place to work
Security & Privacy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 8, 2019
IBM is a very good product company.
I have learnt may things...expertise in multiple technologies.
Work life balance, Workplace culture.
Opportunities etc...
A lot of learning opportunities
System Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 5, 2018
A company with global footprints and for right people they can do alot and learn a lot. It was short time for me but what I learn it was good. If you are high skilled and motivated you should try.
Equal opportunity Employer
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  AENovember 24, 2018
IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware, middleware and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. IBM is also a major research organization, holding the record for most U.S. patents generated by a business (as of 2018) for 25 consecutive years.[5] Inventions by IBM include the automated teller machine (ATM), the floppy disk, the hard disk drive, the magnetic stripe card, the relational database, the SQL programming language, the UPC barcode, and dynamic random-access memory (DRAM). The IBM mainframe, exemplified by the System/360, was the dominant computing platform during the 1960s and 1970s.
pool hurdle
GTS Technical Services Specialist – Band -05 (Former Employee) –  BengaloruNovember 21, 2018
It was fun and informative. we learn a lot in IBM. Daily one FTE has to update all of the team in front of manager, what all issue happened and the solution to fix the issue in last 24 hours with their client. Best place to work.
Working at IBM
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 12, 2018
I have worked at my current role for 2 years and at IBM for 8 years. Working in Project Management means that you will never have two days that are the same. One has to constantly think on their feet, always be prepared as things change and demands are made at the drop of a hat.

I've enjoyed the adrenaline rush that comes with working on a project but the hard bit is never really being able to plan your day and your work schedule as things always come up. However, I am working with a big team of very helpful and people.
Pros
cross cultural interactions
Cons
time differences across locations for scheduling or attending meetings
Amazing staff, very helpful with doubts
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 25, 2018
Pretty helpful staff, have great experience and diveraity in the work environment, nice incentives as a volunteer. Great campaign skills from the company itself.
Multicultural and dynamic
Software Licencing Compliance Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 24, 2018
Great company to work for if you came through the right door; The IBMers are provided tools to grow in their chosen career path and the worldwide footprint gives them a wide range of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Available education, structured organisation, work from home
Cons
Opportunities are limited to IBMers
Very stressfull
Business analyst (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 1, 2018
You lose the balance between work life and personal life. It depends on the projects mainly

But there is a lot of stress and tight deadlines the management forces to work extra hours without allowing you to claim for it.
Pros
Decent pay
Faisal Khan review
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 7, 2018
I worked as Senior Project Manager at IBM for Global business services. I learnt skills and techniques of management consulting. I have managed maximum of 52 people at time on a large complex program. The hardest part of the job was to keep the work life balance as there was always work on the plate.

The most enjoyable part was continuous learning and improvement that the company offered and helped me build my skills over time.
Pros
Regular trainings and certifications
Pros and cons
Functional/Project lead (Former Employee) –  UAEAugust 5, 2018
IBM offers good package. However, the culture is not supportive for growing. Favoritism, social informal groups and family based relations are dominating the structure and the environment of IBM.
The learning tools and libraries(IBM portal) is very rich of knowledge and powerful. Meanwhile, there is no recognition or appreciation for development of ones skills. They ignore any progress and development. Most probably, this is the impact of drawback no 1.
There is glass ceiling. Moreover, there is complete absence of team work, organization and assignment or roles(simply role hijack is the dominant methodology of growing up-I was told before by a senior manager in IBM this was the law of wolves)
Mostly the management is absent and weak. No respect for discipline and the only respect is for having fun instead of making achievements.
The appraisal is very subjective as i got 3 appraisal recorder and submitted by the program manager, solution architect and SME indicate that my achievement is outstanding, excellent and excellent.However, my people manager gave me an average without having a meeting with me to discuss my appraisal prior to submitting it. Surprisingly, he justified this because he is hearing things left and right and he depends on informal feedback rather than official one.
By the way, plenty of ex and current employees have the same point of view.

In-spite of my feedback, IBM is an asset in any ones C.V. especially with this amount of hurdles we encounter because we are not having relatives within IBM high level of management.
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  ViskhapatnamJuly 24, 2018
Great knowledge in IBM, but horrible internal processes and politics in the way of success.Brand, Colleagues, Cutting edge knowledge.Demanding, driven work culture, expectation to work nights and weekends.
Pros
Flexibility of working anywhere remotely. good salary and packages
Cons
No clear path in career development
good
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 21, 2018
good company to work for as there is diversity with many defernet nationalities and the pay is High so we are settled with some other benifiets like shaing profit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

59.2K