Hilton

Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 12,789 reviews
Wonderful place to work.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 29, 2017
My opinion on everyday work life is very simple, Work everyday like a fresh learner because everyday in this field you come across new people and situations. ability to learn should be open every moment. Working with current managers is the best experience as they teach me at every step and help me out if i get stuck in a situation. As im a persons pet the best part of the job is to handle complaints and different situation and requests.
Pros
Perfect team since preopening
Cons
less salary and incentives
Productive for self esteem
Guest Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people(guest) from different part of the country and communicating with the guest on they are enjoying the stay in dubai as well as in Hilton.
Fullfiling
Guest Service Manager/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Baniyas Road, DeiraOctober 30, 2016
A typical day at work is more of preparing the rooms for the guests arriving, review the hand over and go over with the correspondence.
Pros
Housing Benifits
Cons
Promotions very slow
Enjoying workplace
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 21, 2016
1. When coffy machine is not working and guest waiting that day of my typical day at working .
2. I lerned about hilton culture .
3. Management is so co-operative and co-ordinate with staff.
4.My co-working enjoy working and co-ordinates with each others that should be important .
5. The most enjoyable part of job is only guest smile and this brand consider guest focused service how is the situation will come.
Pros
Testy and healthy food, Break time, Etc.
Cons
A place where it all started
Guest Service Manager/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Baniyas Road in DeiraJune 18, 2016
It was way back 2007 when I started my career at this company. From a butler to duty manager was an enormous achievement. Though career growth was a bit slow compared to other companies but it worth a while. I have learned a lot and grow with this company. A typical day at work start by making sure that team are all fine and begins by checking my emails. The enjoyable part of the job is all about everything and I guess when there s a situation wherein it really caught off guard thats the only difficult part but nothing was really difficult, it a matter of making things possible in whatever way you can to deliver what is best for the company.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Slow Career Growth
Typical Day
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Al-AynJune 6, 2016
Hilton itself has very good teaching system. At the very first month they give u full training with a lot of useful information. Hilton management is very detailed, everything it is on time and with full explanation. Talking about co-workers or seniors, they are very supportive for new team members. All in all I like job itself but the hardest part of work is long working hours . Everyday u have to work extra unpaid hours.
Pros
u can learn a lot here, staff rate accommodation all around the world.
Cons
unpaid overtime working, poor staff accommodation.
Feel like next home
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesApril 30, 2016
Good opportunity to work here. I have got good experiences. I love to work with best team workers. I like meeting people with different culture and backgrounds. everyday I meet people from different countries. I enjoy my job
A red day full of temptations fromn customers as i worked in a pure tide mood with no assistance .i learned to be patient .
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneNovember 17, 2015
management being encouraging at all times by explicit courageous word . co-workers being supportive , the difficult moment when the nights are full of guest and am all alone .but very nice times while in worker events with co-workers mingling and having fun.
Na
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 21, 2015
Hilton Worldwide is a great company to work at. The leading company for the hotels industry.
Management at Hilton are very supportive to all their team members and much more curious to improve them towards the maximum success that might be achieved.
Being Hilton Team Member you can consider yourself already enjoying this can be the most enjoyable part of the job, with all the benefits you are getting within the company
Responsible for future
Guest Relation/Bartender/Banquet server (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 1, 2015
Focus on working with diverse groups of people, either co-workers or customers. Energy and creativity to contribute to the company’s growth.
nice atmosphere for work with a lot of entertainment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZJune 14, 2015
it was very nice experience with Hilton management,the hardest part of the job is always smiling in front of guests listening to guests complaints and solve them in efficient way and satisfy the guests needs
Place where i grew
Guest Relations (Hilton Honors Champion) (Former Employee) –  Al AynFebruary 16, 2015
Enjoyed working here as this was the place which trained me and found this place to be a good training ground. Had a wonderful time working and good work ethics and staffs are friendly and helping.
Pros
the discount that you get when you stay in other hilton
Cons
pay was very less.... less than the standard pay
Good exposure and fun work place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  FujairahSeptember 14, 2014
Typical day at work would be checking in and checking the guests out, dealing with guests complaints and problems along the way.
I learned how to deal clients from around the world. Improved my communication skills. Understood basic working principals of a hotel environment.
The management was helpful and concerned. It was a friendly atmosphere. The co workers were dependent and kind.
Hardest part of the jobs would defiantly be the long hours of work but i would get a hang of it. It was indeed a little stressful though.
The enjoyable part of the job would be the interactions with the guests and dealing with their problems and solving them. Nothing like putting a smile on someone's face.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Long work hours.
guest service agent
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUMarch 23, 2014
reputed company in the city
very good at challenges
management is all good in time of emergency very flexible with the staff
Challenging and Fun place to work
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUFebruary 10, 2014
Analysis of rooms sold, and ensuring maximum revenue by applying yield management
Conducted several on the job training for trainees
Meeting long staying guests and VIPs, and ensuring their expectations regarding service and hospitality were met
Resolving complaints that guests encountered
Coordinating with Housekeeping Department & Room service regarding guest requirements
Maintaining guest history
Liaison with the Business Development Manager with regards to sales leads
Assisting the executive floor reception with check-ins and check-outs, foreign exchange transactions and guests secretarial requirements at the Business center during staff shortage days.
Coordinating with sales on sales leads and corporate rate issues,
Updating guests on Visa procedures
Following up on indefinite bookings and no-shows of the previous day.
Cons
Different shifts every few days
Very Productive workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  AL AINOctober 8, 2013
Always it seems to be busy at front desk and learned a lot on how to manage a front desk, how to deal the guests, Hilton values etc. Its a very good place for beginners to the Hospitality Industry ! Even though management is good, they always put pressure on employees and its been very hard to get pleasant working atmosphere. Very nice to work with other helpful supportive colleagues. there is nothing called hardest part of the job, if we don't treat it so. well, the most attractive or enjoyable thing is to make good contacts or make nice relation ship with each valuable guests and to be their favorite choice always among other employees to deliver hospitality at its best. Also, its very nice to interact with different guests from different cultures.
Training ground and enjoyable to be with Hilton.
Receptionist / Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  SharjahJanuary 2, 2013
As a Receptionist my duties and responsibilities was doing receptionist support, administrative duties, clerical support and others like sales, cashiering, customer service.Hilton gave me the opportunities for getting online courses and training on how to handle guest complain, customer service, how to use telephone etiquette.I enjoyed working with hilton but there's only limited room for career growth. Working with my colleague is fun and enjoyable and we work as a team. The hardest part with my work was communicating with all sort of personality because of some language barriers but despite this, its enjoyable and interesting to meet with different nationalities and be friend with them.
Pros
free meals, accommodation and transportation.
Cons
long hours work
very enjoyable work place , team mates and management
guest service agent (Former Employee) –  dubaiDecember 8, 2012
o Preparing daily duty allocation
o Responsible for cash inventory, cashing cheques and bills of exchange in foreign currencies.
o Demonstrate a complete understanding of the hotel's policies and procedures and service standards and have full knowledge of the hotel facilities and happenings.
o Sell rooms to walk-in guests and be responsible for all pro-active and day-to-day facilities issues
o Check out of departing guest in accordance with the established standards.
o Corporate with colleagues from all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Accounting and Reservation.
o Respond to customer queries by resolving issues in an efficient manner
Administrational:
o Balanced all cash, cheque, credit card and ledger accounts through verification. Shift reports and performs audit functions if assigned.
o Maintain records of various contracts and clients, Meeting arrangements for the clients. To establish good communication with client and customers by attending to customer queries and complaints for better customer satisfaction.
o Keeping and Updating Employee records, maintaining their files.
o Transport arrangement – checking bills, Monthly billing, controlling vehicles and coordinating with insurance co for accident damage repairs.
Pros
transportation, accomodation and food
Cons
nothing negative
A good working environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hilton Baynunah Towers, Abu DhabiOctober 16, 2012
I've been with Hilton Baynunah for almost 5months and I learned a lot of things especially from the operations. I like the management style indeed. Another challenging part is dealing with a difficult Guest/s and i'm proud I can handle them, not only that but sometimes several complaints. I took it as a big challenge and really part of the job. The most enjoyable part is working with a good people and right colleague. Hardest part is doing the night shift and sometimes no off.
Pros
free accommodation, meals, transport allowance, service charge and health insurance
Cons
long hours, sometime no off