Higher Colleges of Technology Employee Reviews

Worst place I have ever worked!
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 1, 2019
The most incompetent management, hence, the most TOXIC work environment I have ever been. DOG EAT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent work cutlure
HCT (Current Employee) –  Al-AynOctober 23, 2019
I learned how to be an better organized individual, who can multitask and delivery better lessons using technology. It has given me a chance to meet some really great students and to really cater my lesson to a specific level.
Productive and fun
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 19, 2019
Overall, it has been a very positive learning and productive experience. The workplace culture is always changing. Sometimes, this is positive and other times it can be negative. Your immediate boss makes a huge difference. The part I enjoy the most about the job is the students.
An excellent organization to be part of, very matured and well qualified management.
Avinics Instructor (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 21, 2019
Excellent organization, good environment, well managed, very competitive pay and perks. Good exposure of latest teaching technology and tools. An opportunity to work with multinationals without any racism. Best educational organization in Middle East.
good place to get experience
Work Skills Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 24, 2019
Flexible working hours, nice work environment, cooperative team members, good management, working in WRP gave me a great opportunity to deal with a deferent type of students, older and more mature
Great place for improvement
Work Skills Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 22, 2019
It was a great place to work for. A lot of new technologies and initiatives and if you had worked during these periods you would have been able to fit in anywhere. Very international environment.
Pros
Flexible working hours, great team players
HR is incompetent
3d interactive designer technologies (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 19, 2019
Job description written around my 25 year experience resume could not have a better job to resume fit, but 6months it took to get an interview then interviewed with wrong job discription, so slow so much incompetent in HR glad I didn't get the Job and found a better position.. In some ways HR done me a favour.
Pros
It would have been interest position
Cons
HR clearly is a big issue
Disconnected management
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 5, 2019
Management have little awareness of the reality of day to day experiences for teaching faculty. The Organization is run “top down” and educational changes are imposed without explanation and more critically, without consultation and open discussion. This results in a generally alienated teaching faculty who just go with the flow.
A large majority of the student body have misguided expectations of the effort required to achieve good academic grades.
If u live in a western country avoid this college
Professor (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 26, 2019
I almost believe that any one gives this college more than 2 is pushed to do this by the college. If you live in a western country you should not even think of going to this college or kindergartin. If you live in a developing country then it is ok to go to make some money, but be careful u dont want to impact your health negatively. There is nothing good about this place. Management is zero, students are spoiled and knows very little. teaching is tough. they way u will be treated by management and students is horrible. If you dont believe it , just apply and they will take you because they need some people. No one stays there unless he has no place to go. when u go there and spend one month read my reveiw again.

they want you to teach minimum of 20 hrs/week. are we in elementary school. finger prints when u come in and when u leave. Vice chancellor and deans are much below the average in performance with the vice chancellor considering professors as his worst enemies.

Those who gave high rating for this school are paid to do this. No human will give a rating of more than one or two.
Best place to gain diverse experience and meet challenges
Office Manager / Specialist Administration (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.July 6, 2019
Given the dynamic, multi-campus, multicultural, I was able to gain vast experience working with this institution. We could interact system-wide with people from different countries and all walks of life. The institution has campuses across the whole of the UAE giving the staff the opportunity to travel to the various campuses all over the country. Given the dynamic nature of the institution, I could gain experience in facing challenges and adapting to changes. I enjoyed my tenure at this institution. I can say it is one of the best places to work in the U.A.E.
Pros
Multicultural and dynamic
Cons
Not many
hct
Fculty- course team leader (Former Employee) –  UAEApril 18, 2019
it is a good college and good benifits. however they keep changing things all the time and you have to adapt to the change if you want to stay there.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
everything chages so quicly
Authoritarian Administration
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 8, 2019
Horrible management, horrible policies, horrible work environment, lazy Emirati students, incompetent administration, blatant discrimination against non-Emiratis, gross mismanagement of power and resources...in short, HCT is a dead end job.
Pros
It is really hard to think of anything.
Cons
Too Many to List. Everything. The entire operation is negative, corrupt and oppressive.
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiApril 8, 2019
HCT was a good place to work when i was there. The college management was understanding and the work culture and ethics followed were of high standard.
bad management
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 6, 2019
you are treated with no value
person with phd and 15 years of experience will be put as instructor and person with distance education will be come chair or supervisor
Pros
salary and govt holidays
Cons
worse management and mistreatment of employees of value and nepotism
I Absolutely Hate This Company
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 4, 2019
HCT is a dead end both personally and professionally. You will not be teaching, you'll be babysitting spoiled, lazy and over-entitled Emiratis who treat you like a servant.
Pros
One day these people will be driving cabs and taking your order at McDonalds.
Cons
In the mean time we have to put up with their horrible driving, taking up three parking spaces at the mall, smoking around our children, and their overall sense of superiority (even though most of them are illiterate).
Productive Workplace
Senior IT Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 15, 2019
Higher Colleges of Technology was a very productive workplace with opportunities for professional development and career advancement. There was a great deal of networking involved
Amazing Workplace
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesMarch 10, 2019
Amazing place to work.
Work culture is very good and supportive.
Multinational culture.
Students are very good.
Collegues are very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Salary, Colleagues, Students
Cons
Business Lecturer and Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 12, 2019
Good students who are keen to learn depending on the teacher's motivation. Students require a forceful teacher who make them work. Students can take advantage of any weaknesses in the system.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Too much administrative work
Productive workplace
Assistant librarian (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, UAESeptember 11, 2018
A good experience, which enabled me to develop my communication and team-building skills. It gave me the opportunity to interact with a wide range of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and facilitated personal growth and development.
an environment in transition
Instructor, English (Current Employee) –  Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab EmiratesAugust 6, 2018
The college is in transition and may need more time to establish its core values. There are a great number of high quality faculty and admin staff. Students have interesting backgrounds and are generally pleasant to work with.
Pros
salary, lovely students
Cons
uncertain direction and core values