Heriot-Watt University

Heriot-Watt University Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates20 reviews
great place to work i would return given the opportunity. It was difficult as I was completing my doctorate and was unsure whether i could be a Psychologist there.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
cost of living high couldnt afford the lifestyle i have here
Typical day at work: interns make their own travel arrangements, sign in for attendance, and work with minimal supervision I learned to telemarket The management is cheerful
Pros
Kind colleagues, comfortable working conditions
Cons
No security for interns, no guarantee of pay either
Really regret to be a part of it , very bad environment , alot of politics , favoritism , no professional attitude , only good part is salaries what u get there at the cost of your mental peace
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Work environment
There is alot of politics. There is no proper communications with the departments and the marketing departments is one of the most unprofessional department of the Dubai Campus.
Working with professionals from different background for an important project. we faced daily technical and financial challenges but with team work and creative thinking all issues were resolved.
I will always be grateful to Heriot Watt as I have learned a lot in terms of dealing with different walks of life, from my colleagues down to the parents and students I deal with every single day
Pros
Free Dinner whenever we meet our Target
Cons
Long Hours
great place to work excellent work culture friendly and helpful staff acceptable relationship between students and teachers few complaints from students concerning the school
§ I volunteered as a tour guide and a group leader during Heriot Watt’s freshman’s orientation week. My tasks included conducting group activities to help new students make friends, help parents and students familiarize themselves with the campus, polices, and the culture of the family that is Heriot Watt University. I also helped ensure that students were familiar with the campus rules and regulations and lastly, I provided students with advice and guidance on any educational or extracurricular activity related questions they had.
Heriot-Watt is a good place to work at because: - I am given full liberty over decision making - I get to learn a lot on the job - Very flexible working schedule - People are very friendly to work and interact with
Pros
Flexible working schedule, great people to work with
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Heriot-Watt University?
Work at Heriot-Watt University was generally good. I've been working as a part-time lecturer for structural design courses for two semesters only and it was a good experience.
The day at Heriot Watt always goes as planned with new challenges every single day. Worked with different nationalities and it was a good experince to interact with them. The manangment followed an open door policy and heard to their employees. Although the pay was not that applealing ,they have many staff event that motivates staff to work towards the ultimate goal of the company.
Pros
staff funtions
Cons
low salary
My tenure has a valuable experience in Heriot-Watt University, Dubai Campus. I was working for Heriot-Watt under Eikon International (Third Party resourcing). My experience with the staff, management, students and university was amazing. I gained extensive knowledge with reference to the administration for school activities, Registry services, Project Coordination, writing policies and procedures for each department, recruitment of invigilators, training, scheduling exams for them, preparation of enrolment, timetabling, graduation, etc. The list of the activities is never ending and it covers the extensive experience in all major areas of university administration.
Pros
Open communication, oportunities to grow, cross - training for other roles, healthy environment, and space to do the job in your style.
Cons
I cannot think of any
I spent 4 years in the university and have met with people from different nationalities which helped me gather different sets of skills including communication. While studying for my bachelors degree I was able to gain skills such as time management, leadership, research skills and improve on my communication skills.
Good team building skills Marketing the University to different students and parents Customer satisfaction Conversation with different nationality
Pros
Flexible time of work
Cons
Salary
Great for part time job but not full time as management is not a part of the university and is outsourced. Makes it quite difficult to be recognized.preference is given to influence rather than skills.
Pros
flexible timing and good pay
Cons
quality of labs and management behavior needs improvement.
Student Work Placement: Member of Secretariat (community service) - In charge of fund raising activities providing support to cancer victims, autistic children as well as running awareness programs on days such as World AIDS day. - Construction of committee’s progress reports.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
Can be at time demanding and create a strain between the work and learning time
the hardest part of the job was the approval for the workshop from the lab assistances and the best part was definitely having freedom of ordering any food or snack for the events that were being organized by our student chapter.
A collegiate multicultural environment in terms of students and faculty. A good focus on work-life balance and focus on both scholarship and research. Fantastic student body, support staff and faculty who push you to the limit To succeed in the environment you need to focus on research
Every day is a busy day with new challenges dealing with all concerns of thousands of students. The time flies and work keeps me alert all day long. Office is great with very good supportive co workers.
Working as a PRO in this company since May 2005 and awarded as BEST EMPLOYEE in 2007.Iam handling student visas for more than 500 students and 175 staff.