Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,362 reviews
Great place to learn customer service skills
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILJune 25, 2019
The work was, at times, challenging due to the 100% satisfaction guarantee the hotel offered but the staff was great and everyone took great care of the property. The manager that took over made many mistakes but wouldn't take our feedback to help out.
Great Hotel to work at
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2019
I really like to work for the Hampton Inn by Hilton Miami Brickell, I am learning a lot . Great atmosphere and I would love to grow as a team member in any Hilton hotel, great company.
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 24, 2019
The management team works together and gets all of the staff together. It is important to have monthly meetings to understand goals and improvement ideas. I had a lot of fun working here.
was fun at first
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 24, 2019
so many people come and go . supervisors check on you too many times and even cuss at you. under payed to do extra work. The owner of the hotel has a very bad energy it scares me.
Pretty Good Experience but not for the Pay
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 24, 2019
I was not compensated well at this job at all, but a few things made it worth it: I became adept in networking; the low hotel costs were amazing; customer service experience was on point. I actually really liked my time, here, but eventually I went on to a different career and love the stimulation I receive, now.
Your company is a nice place to work
Never work there (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2019
I will work without you pushing me, because i am hunger for success i have work in various places with experienced and I will use those experiences.
Cons
I can work up to 10 to 13 hours per day
It was a good place to work
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJune 23, 2019
Working at the Hampton was at times very busy and stressed also working there starting just as a housekeeper gave me the best to work my way up to a head keeper
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYJune 23, 2019
This is just for the specific Hampton in Lockport. Was a horrible experience I ever had in housekeeping in general. Everyone was talking about everyone like we are in highschool. And then the hours just sucked in general plus the hourly rate and tips was just not cutting it for me to live off of. I had a manager who let people leave so quickly without checking their rooms fully. Also how they let a employee stay working after he stole money! Horrible management in my part I must a!
Pros
Get to leave once done
Cons
Drama, not fairly treated
Could be worse.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg KYJune 23, 2019
My managers and other superiors were kind, generous people who made a good place to work. The pay is not enough as simply a housekeeper to keep up with life say to pay rent, buy food and pay other monthly expenses. But overall was a good work experience and comfortable place to work, with understanding people.
Pros
Sometimes we got to eat leftover breakfast if the owner wasnt around, If the owner was we werent allowed to.
Cons
Insufficient pay for a demanding job, physically and timely.
Productive and laid back
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIJune 23, 2019
It's a great work environment. They are friendly and helpful and a easy going business. They are caring and understanding and flexible. They have a great team and support teamwork environment as well.
Pros
Food, tips
Cons
Short breaks
Disorganized
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 22, 2019
It was a disorganized workplace without any structure or real communication. This was years ago, so I do not know if it has changed policies since that time.
Productive fun place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJune 22, 2019
I love working at the Hampton inn. I greet guests and ensure that they enjoy their stay. I hope to advance in this company. I want to work here for a long time.
Pros
Discount
Excellence
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 22, 2019
Best place to work. The managers were the best. My coworkers were the best. I would work there again if I could. It’s a very laid back family hotel, and they treat employees like family.
Professional hotel work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 21, 2019
Night Audit
Greetings, making people feel welcomed
Checkin- in guest . Experienced computer skills
Handling and counting larger amounts of money
Maintaining and managing hotel for the night
Poor management
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJune 21, 2019
I worked there for a short period of time, within the short time I was working there I got fired for asking a questions about my duty’s. I asked “does the laundry girl get to leave early everyday without finishing and leaving it for the housekeepers to do? “ I was understanding once I was taken to the Gm. I was told 30 mins before I got told to do laundry that I could leave when I was ready I didn’t have to do anymore. I then decided to help another former employee with her rooms and after we were done I was told to do the laundry (which is fine I didn’t mind it’s easy to do) but i was hired as a housekeeping attendant not a laundry attendant. Even once I was asked I never caught an attitude nor gave any reason for them to think I wasn’t going to continue helping with the the rest of the laundry I simply asked the question I stated above. I got called back to the office shortly after I went back and continued helping my coworkers finish the laundry & I was then told I can leave early and not to come back. When I asked why I was told because I ask to many questions when I should just be going with the follow. I was new to the hotel I’ve worked at others I asked questions to get a better understanding as to what my job duty’s were. I don’t usually leave reviews but I felt I should due to the lack of management. I could of understood the situation if I had been rude but I wasn’t whatsoever. Even after I was fired I maintained a good attitude and left respectfully.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No longer then 15 min break during a 8 hour shift, low pay, poor management
Not bad
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 21, 2019
Don't like to pay P.T.O you have to have unemployment make them pay because of state law they don't pay overtime or holidays only pto so they would keep it if you dont fight to get it management is in and out. No one stays
Pros
No supervision
Cons
No supervision
diverse and family oriented workplace
Front Desk Guest Representative/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 21, 2019
overall a great hotel with a staff of young leaders, and lots of opportunity for growth into hotel management positions. Lots of training is provided for guest service representatives.
Pros
friendly, professional and fast paced.
Cons
no breaks, long periods of standing, outdated computer programs and hardware.
HAmpton inn
Front Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 20, 2019
Hampton inn was a wonderful starting point for me. I was glad to have worked there while in college. It taught me how to handle large problems, while also molding me into a manager.
Productive and fun workplace
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYJune 20, 2019
I loved working at Hampton by Hilton, I worked at the breakfast bar and loved it, by far my favorite job, my co-workers were absolutely wonderful, nice, and made me feel wonderful... Thank u all so much for the opportunity to get to work with u all and I miss u all so much...
Be aware
Guest services (Former Employee) –  Langley BCJune 20, 2019
The training is good but the supervisor is not reliable, she will throw you under the bus at every moment. Be ware they seem to be going through quite a few trainees. So just be prepared if you take a job here and ask questions during your training they get annoyed. Also it is a gossip mill and will talk behind your back with other coworkers. And if you make friends with people they don’t like within the company they tend to get upset by it. Also they just went union recently and don’t like it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K