HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 221 reviews matching the search See all 11,169 reviews
Bullying environment in Middle East
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 9, 2019
Was such an amazing opportunity to join HSBC at first place but such a disappointment when you face the reality of corporate world inside. Management is so unprofessional and uncivilized disrespectfully treat people especially women. Deep inside I hope that Bank is cool only got problems in this region.
Very professional
Financial Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 16, 2019
I can say working in HSBC is a very pleasant experience. It’s culture is very friendly. Also employees enjoy the flexibility of working from home that’s really a good initiative for the work life balance.
Pros
Reflection room
Overall good benefits and a little relaxed environment in my branch
Wealth operations officer (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 18, 2019
Good place to work in paid leave is good and salary increases every year in hsbc dubai united arab emirates when i worked there
It was competitive but good people and strong team
Guarantee Officer (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 9, 2019
Such a good company, I learned a lot from my team and managers and was able to rotate within the company and determine the best role for me. I had to relocate and left but would have stayed otherwise.
GTRF Services
Cheque Collection & Lock Box Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 4, 2019
There is absolutely no work and personal life while I work with the GTRF Team, earlier when I worked with Remittance and Home Finance, I was valued and was being take care of very well. I was being forced to balance my work and personal life, however at GTRF, one has no choice to do so, and one suffers mentally a lot each day.
Best Place to Work
KYC analyst (Former Employee) –  HSBCJanuary 1, 2019
Best place to work and best people to work with. HsBc has more diversity and culture which bring about best in every employee. If you ever got a chance to work at HSBC, go for it. They wont let u down
COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  DubaiDecember 24, 2018
Part of Collection department core responsibility is doing Collection and Recovery to achieve monthly targets set by management, along with educating customers regarding AECB and KYC. Resolving customers queries and providing solutions to customers by providing short term or long term payment palns assessing customer financial situation. Identify fraud related accounts.
Analyst GBM (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 26, 2018
Since I was on outsourced Contract payrolls most of the staff benefits were not applicable to me.
Senior Management staff were good and supportive.
Competitive work environment
Pros
Lunch at reasonable price
Cons
Not all permanent staff benefits were provided to outsourced staff
diverse
Retention Officer (Former Employee) –  Media CityNovember 22, 2018
HSBC was my 1st job. The atmosphere and culture was diverse. I learnt a lot about sales and cross-selling since I was in the Retention Department where I had to do a lot of cross-selling, which was also the hardest part of my job since I am weak in sales.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
job security
Good Work Environment
Site Lead and Head of Education FCR Ops (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 18, 2018
Good place to work. Easier to build your career in some departments but quite challenging in others. The bank offers great benefits including retirement and health insurance.
Amazing Workplace
Mortgage Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 4, 2018
 Capabilities in implementing effective solutions to the customer’s needs with an aim to
improve customer contentment and consequently customer loyalty.
 Praised and awarded at different companies for achieving the targets and delivering utmost
results.
 An effective communicator with good relationship building & interpersonal skills.
 Have comprehensive problem solving abilities.
 Highly motivates others in getting results.
 My skill set and experience grant me enough confidence in to look forward to handling
challenging positions with targets to aim for.
 Completed UAE National Military Service from August 2017 – August 2018.
Hsbc
Assistant Manager GTRF Client Service (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 22, 2018
it was far ago and again i will honestly prefer to discuss that when asked in person and not here as within this box.

It is a period within my career which was fruitful however i would be able to provide more details when asked personally
Passionate
Premier Wealth Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 1, 2018
A very friendly atmosphere where employees are valued. Consulting work for customers and discussions with Senior Managers on how to improve the consistency at meeting the KPIS at work.
Trainee
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 23, 2018
I rotated in different areas and sectors of the bank for two weeks. Got experience on how to deal and act with different personalities, as well as the opportunity to see how office jobs work.
Not all banking is sitting down
Customer Services Assistant / Remittances Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 7, 2018
Funds transfer employees are required to move quite a bit when dealing with hard copy transfer forms, between the colleagues who are in charge of directly processing a payment from one account to another as well as client managers who are also held accountable regarding the status of a transfer. Communication coordination is vital to the optimal functioning of a successful remittances team.
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff, questions are welcome
Cons
job security (due to country)
productive
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 1, 2018
very nice place to work and professional environment
multination
active place
busy all day
busy place with lots of different duties
rewarded quartely
Pros
nothing
Cons
i didn't get that
International Bank with effective cutting edge technology and efficient Manpower
Regional Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Operations Department based in DIC- DubaiAugust 27, 2018
It is the best place to work. Effective processes and procedures. Effective Management and good career growth. Cutting edge technology. Proper work life balance.
Pros
Good perks and remuneration
Cons
Very large organization
Team player
Mandate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dubai UAEAugust 26, 2018
Contribute effectively towards the growth and welfare of the organization. Understand the importance of teamwork and excel in all aspects relating to my job. Be a keen learner.
Best International Bank
Head of Retail Finance - MENA (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 17, 2018
HSBC is one of the best International bank to work with. Empowers employees to act with courageous integrity and in principle have core values such as:

Dependable: Standing firm for what is right, delivering on commitments, being resilient and trustworthy.

Communicating openly, honestly and transparently, welcoming challenge, learning from mistakes. Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.

Caring about individuals and their progress, showing respect, being supportive and responsive.
Productive place with international exposure
Client Screening Alert Investigator (Current Employee) –  Dubai, UAEJuly 23, 2018
Productive place with international exposure. HSBC is a good brand to work with and experience is enriching for your career growth. Lots of opportunity to explore and gain knowledge.