HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 254 reviews matching the search See all 10,846 reviews
HSBC was a great place to work
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 19, 2018
What a typical day in HSBC is just the same with all the companies around the world. Workload will contribute to your stress level. However, I firmly believe that it's on us. Pressure and stress are there but what matters is on how we act on this. if we will let the pressure gets in our way, you will not deliver what is expected of you. Managing stress is what you need to learn.That is what I have learned from HSBC. Management are very eager to help you cope with the stress. They will spend time talking to you on how they can help. They're very much willing to extend their helping hands. Work culture is really awesome. Though, you are a having a lot of workload, management will ensure that you will enjoy your stay in the company and ensuring to maximize work life balance. The hardest part of the job,I guess, the workload but I have learned and mastered to manage my time. So, I must say it was not really difficult but it was a challenge that I was really up to. The most enjoyable was you are a family.
Pros
work culture, awesome boss, good medical benefits, good compensation package, brand, family
Cons
workload but if you know how to manage, it will not be a con
Amazing Workplace
Mortgage Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 4, 2018
 Capabilities in implementing effective solutions to the customer’s needs with an aim to
improve customer contentment and consequently customer loyalty.
 Praised and awarded at different companies for achieving the targets and delivering utmost
results.
 An effective communicator with good relationship building & interpersonal skills.
 Have comprehensive problem solving abilities.
 Highly motivates others in getting results.
 My skill set and experience grant me enough confidence in to look forward to handling
challenging positions with targets to aim for.
 Completed UAE National Military Service from August 2017 – August 2018.
Analyst GBM (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 26, 2018
Since I was on outsourced Contract payrolls most of the staff benefits were not applicable to me.
Senior Management staff were good and supportive.
Competitive work environment
Pros
Lunch at reasonable price
Cons
Not all permanent staff benefits were provided to outsourced staff
International Bank with effective cutting edge technology and efficient Manpower
Regional Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Operations Department based in DIC- DubaiAugust 27, 2018
It is the best place to work. Effective processes and procedures. Effective Management and good career growth. Cutting edge technology. Proper work life balance.
Pros
Good perks and remuneration
Cons
Very large organization
diverse
Retention Officer (Former Employee) –  Media CityNovember 22, 2018
HSBC was my 1st job. The atmosphere and culture was diverse. I learnt a lot about sales and cross-selling since I was in the Retention Department where I had to do a lot of cross-selling, which was also the hardest part of my job since I am weak in sales.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
job security
Good Work Environment
Site Lead and Head of Education FCR Ops (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 18, 2018
Good place to work. Easier to build your career in some departments but quite challenging in others. The bank offers great benefits including retirement and health insurance.
Not all banking is sitting down
Customer Services Assistant / Remittances Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 7, 2018
Funds transfer employees are required to move quite a bit when dealing with hard copy transfer forms, between the colleagues who are in charge of directly processing a payment from one account to another as well as client managers who are also held accountable regarding the status of a transfer. Communication coordination is vital to the optimal functioning of a successful remittances team.
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff, questions are welcome
Cons
job security (due to country)
COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  DubaiDecember 24, 2018
Part of Collection department core responsibility is doing Collection and Recovery to achieve monthly targets set by management, along with educating customers regarding AECB and KYC. Resolving customers queries and providing solutions to customers by providing short term or long term payment palns assessing customer financial situation. Identify fraud related accounts.
Best Place to Work
KYC analyst (Former Employee) –  HSBCJanuary 1, 2019
Best place to work and best people to work with. HsBc has more diversity and culture which bring about best in every employee. If you ever got a chance to work at HSBC, go for it. They wont let u down
Amazing place to learn and progress
Regional Telecom's Lead (Current Employee) –  DubaiApril 5, 2018
Job is very challenging, you work in an international organization, and really feel being part of it. Management is also focused, and concept of Global isn't just in writing, but once can see in day to day work.
Having said, the pressure is never ending, everyday is a new day, with previous day pending. It is fun for few years, but then you get tired as their is no work-life balance. Pay is also not great, with bonus reducing every year drastically.
Pros
subsidized lunch/bus transport
Cons
long hours, stress to extreme levels
Hsbc
Assistant Manager GTRF Client Service (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 22, 2018
it was far ago and again i will honestly prefer to discuss that when asked in person and not here as within this box.

It is a period within my career which was fruitful however i would be able to provide more details when asked personally
Best place to work.
Fund administrator (Former Employee) –  RajagiriyaFebruary 26, 2018
I had a very good work environment and a wonderful managers who always been a part of my successful carrier with hsbc. Hsbc always finds the talents of the employees and encourage them to improve their knowledge on what they good at.
Pros
Good work life management, employee benifits
Cons
Less salary
Hsbc
FCC Regulatory Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Internet CityJuly 14, 2018
HSBC has a good work culture, open minded and good place to work. Flexibility in work style which allows you to balance work and personal lifestyle. Office environment is well equipped for staff to work efficiently.
Good company to work but.....
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  DubaiMay 28, 2018
HSBC as an organization is good to work for. you get a lot of opportunity to move within the company throughout the world. However, the culture is too political.
GTRF Services
Cheque Collection & Lock Box Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 4, 2019
There is absolutely no work and personal life while I work with the GTRF Team, earlier when I worked with Remittance and Home Finance, I was valued and was being take care of very well. I was being forced to balance my work and personal life, however at GTRF, one has no choice to do so, and one suffers mentally a lot each day.
Productive place with international exposure
Client Screening Alert Investigator (Current Employee) –  Dubai, UAEJuly 23, 2018
Productive place with international exposure. HSBC is a good brand to work with and experience is enriching for your career growth. Lots of opportunity to explore and gain knowledge.
Best International Bank
Head of Retail Finance - MENA (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 17, 2018
HSBC is one of the best International bank to work with. Empowers employees to act with courageous integrity and in principle have core values such as:

Dependable: Standing firm for what is right, delivering on commitments, being resilient and trustworthy.

Communicating openly, honestly and transparently, welcoming challenge, learning from mistakes. Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.

Caring about individuals and their progress, showing respect, being supportive and responsive.
Stress
Relocation Officer/End of Service Benefits (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 15, 2018
The banking industry is extremely stressful with literally no job security. I would prefer not working in the banking industry again
HSBC was my first step into the corporate world
Good For Beginners
Sr. Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  SharjahJune 20, 2018
Good For Beginners to establish their career in UAE, Switching time to time will helps to reach better positions in near by future. Or else you can stay with the company for a long time - less threat to job loss.
Excellent work environment
OPERATIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 22, 2018
learned about Debt collection and how to speak with customer and how to resolve issues of customer and inform them about there debt. and management was excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job is friendly environment.