Gems Education

Gems Education Management reviews

United Arab Emirates33 reviews
Overall it was ok.
Overall it was ok. There was proper balancing that includes Salary ,Management ,Job Security,Working in the company was not that stressful .Proper Updated are provided .
Be very clear as to what you are going into
GEMS is very spectral in what it offers. At the high end, they are excellent and at the low end it is very clear what is on offer. In the middle, I experienced poor and uncertain leadership and a lack of passion for the children's progress in favour of procedures and a corporate environment that is focussed on economy of cost. Staff were generally poorly led and poorly deployed in terms of experienced.
Political
Political and lacking leadership in the corporate office. The school staff are very good but back up from many aspects of the Corporate Office is lacking.
Cheap place
Very frustrating place, they do care about the money the most. High turn over rate , the last few months 5 employees have resigned. Worst way of communication.
GEMS Millennium School Sharjah
>Micromanagement
>No Job Security

>Frequent staff resignation

>World clss training provided by corporate office

>GMS Sharjah do not provide a professional work environment similar to that of corporate.
Mismanagement at school level
Pros
Salary, Working hours
Cons
No job security
Considering how easy it can be to improve the atmosphere in a workplace, there’s no excuse to cling to antiquated practices that restrict the free flo
I have been working at gems education full-time (More than a year)

Funny, helpful coworkers. Everyone cares about doing a good job with clear goals in mind. Supportive atmosphere. Laid back office culture. Free coffee. I really feel like I am needed and appreciated here.

The typical with many companies: much work to be done but that is what I signed up for. Coding standards could be improved.

Advice to Management
Keep up the good work of appreciating hard work. Meetings are helpful and the managers are doing a good job of making sure people are learning what they need to.
Cons
Teaching and seeing students progress was the most enjoyable part.
At GEMS Education I learned excellent ICT skills, time management, Professional Etiquette and skills to work with a Team to increase productivity with given resources.
The Management is very supportive to the staff and gives enough space to grow professionally . Hardwork is always appreciated by GEMS Education.Great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Once you leave and relocate to another country you are not absorbed in the GEMS school.
Fun place to work and learn
Good and fun place to work. Grown a lot as a leader because of the supportive management team. Co workers are exceptionally good and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the salary which is quite less. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and seeing students progress.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts
Cons
work from home
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gems Education?
prodective
I got responsible for day-to-day functions with various departments within GEMS Corporate office

Improoved communication skills
Pros
Good Standard
Cons
less salary
It's good managements handling in Education. They are providing Education in all over the World.
A great chance to have an experience in the education field
- There were no boundary in responsibilities, Its always due to the "Manager of PR" so I lost concentration most of the time as I Will be in charge of some other duties apart from translation.
-Even though I would say that was great chance for me to perform in different fields.

-Th e management standard and level is lower than the employee's abilities and knowledge.
-Co-workers are very coordinating and friendly.

- The hardest part of the job is that I am under pressure most of time as I am handling the translations or all the departments & according to my contract am suppose to refer the "PRM" which may limit my performance most of time.

Excellent Team Work
Gems Education gave me opportunity to explore myself as well as develop with in me excellent management skills.A typical day at GEMs Education managed school start with pleasant mornings reporting to the supervisor or Head of the Institution,interacting with colleagues and welcoming students into the class. The School hours starts with Assembly under the leadership respective class teachers.

Mangement at GEMS Education gives ample opportunity to learn more skills like ICT and curriculam Management. The Management allows the employees to grow professionally by providing training in various fields. The Management guides the employees at every level.

Co-workers are friendly and always work as a team to yield better results.

The hardest part of the Job was the amount of hands on work activities a Kindergarten teacher has to prepare and keep it ready for the class.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the little 4 years old children using the activities prepared by the teacher and learning as well as developing various skills like language, numerical, drawing, Psycho motor, and interactive. The hardest part of the Job gets forgotten while watching the class progress and parents are satisfied.
Pros
Appreciation from parents, management and collegues, Love of Innocent 4 year old students.
Cons
Long hours in the night preparing activites for next class but a rewarding hardwork in the end.