Gems Education

Gems Education Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates34 reviews
The vision of the company helps us to steer our principles and help us to grow in our profession. I grew from being a teacher to a leadership role seamlessly
Overall it was ok. There was proper balancing that includes Salary ,Management ,Job Security,Working in the company was not that stressful .Proper Updated are provided .
The day starts with the review of systems status and coordinates with school IT staff and helps them if required. Workplace culture is very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to experiment with the innovative ideas you have.
working in Gems is an opportunity to learn new skills and strategies, Being an art teacher I have learned a lot during the PLD sessions at Gems. I get many opportunities to enroll my students for competitions and they won many prizes and make myself and school feel proud due to their art skills under my supervision. Working environment is supportive and collaborative .
GEMS is very spectral in what it offers. At the high end, they are excellent and at the low end it is very clear what is on offer. In the middle, I experienced poor and uncertain leadership and a lack of passion for the children's progress in favour of procedures and a corporate environment that is focussed on economy of cost. Staff were generally poorly led and poorly deployed in terms of experienced.
Political and lacking leadership in the corporate office. The school staff are very good but back up from many aspects of the Corporate Office is lacking.
Very frustrating place, they do care about the money the most. High turn over rate , the last few months 5 employees have resigned. Worst way of communication.
Worked as an English Language Teacher/Coordinator for Year 6 mainly dealing with boys section. Took an active part in all co-curricular activities even taught students music. Handled students of different cultures.
Pros
Lunch once a week
Cons
break time
>Micromanagement
>No Job Security

>Frequent staff resignation

>World clss training provided by corporate office

>GMS Sharjah do not provide a professional work environment similar to that of corporate.Mismanagement at school level
Pros
Salary, Working hours
Cons
No job security
throughout the day I complete various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
free coffee :)
GEMS Education is a largest education provider group in the UAE. This is Globly Education provider group. This group have many schools in the rest of countries.
Pros
No free food for empolee in school canteen
Cons
As per Low
Corporate, yet, friendly environment. Dynamic in decision-making and execution. Has immensely talented and enthusiastic employees. Was a pleasure working with everyone.
An organised working day with lots of responsibilities as I used to have a team meeting twice a week, to discuss about what has been achieved and whats coming up, we have a discussion about assessments and what the way to put them , members of staff to share their good practice, upcoming activities and celebrations in school, etc.
I have learnt the following:

1- How to be well organised as I used to keep all my documents in separate folders .

2-How to prepare a good curriculum according to UAE national agenda.

3- How to be a good leader , spreading positive vibes amongst the whole team. etc.....

A positive and a fair managemen

An interacting workplace culture with the UAE culture.

The hardest part was being responsible for a big team.

The most enjoyable part is learning a lot from that job.
Develop a system to procure effective print and electronic resources in the areas focused on the college. To this direction, develop a collection development policy which includes procurement and maintenance of library resources – books, periodicals, electronic resources,
kind of nice workplace with a lot of culture and tradition. slight room of improvement and family oriented kind of business, driven by financial targets
Looking for a better opportunity and more experience. Enhance and gain more experience specially in hospitality projects or private villas with direct clients.
I got lot of experience about security and safety, Different type of training participated,Acknowledgement about access control and traffic control i added in my work field,communication of multi languages
I have been working at gems education full-time (More than a year)

Funny, helpful coworkers. Everyone cares about doing a good job with clear goals in mind. Supportive atmosphere. Laid back office culture. Free coffee. I really feel like I am needed and appreciated here.

The typical with many companies: much work to be done but that is what I signed up for. Coding standards could be improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of appreciating hard work. Meetings are helpful and the managers are doing a good job of making sure people are learning what they need to.

Cons
The working atmosphere in GEMS is always good. Provided that the culture differs with different schools, you work with. Also with the corporate office.
At GEMS Education I learned excellent ICT skills, time management, Professional Etiquette and skills to work with a Team to increase productivity with given resources.
The Management is very supportive to the staff and gives enough space to grow professionally . Hardwork is always appreciated by GEMS Education.Great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Once you leave and relocate to another country you are not absorbed in the GEMS school.
Previously, it was fun to come to and I personally looked forward to it, but of late, it has become too top heavy with the CO personnel making life difficult for schools by just adding to the work load with a lot of stufff that is duplicated and not required. I learnt a lot and continue to learn, perhaps the best part of the organisation. The Chairman and his family are really good, but misled by many and what they get to see and hear is often distorted and blurred and not the true picture.
Pros
Good Packages
Cons
Long hours, too much dulpication, too top heavy, lots of stress, too many changes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gems Education. Our community is ready to answer.
Gems Education Reviews by Location