Gems Education Employee Reviews

Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  SharjahApril 1, 2018
>Micromanagement
>No Job Security
>Frequent staff resignation
>World clss training provided by corporate office
>GMS Sharjah do not provide a professional work environment similar to that of corporate.Mismanagement at school level
Pros
Salary, Working hours
Cons
No job security
productive & fun workplace
Enrollment Center Representative (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 19, 2018
throughout the day I complete various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
free coffee :)
Floor Warden / Assistant Camp Boss. (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 19, 2018
GEMS Education is a largest education provider group in the UAE. This is Globly Education provider group. This group have many schools in the rest of countries.
Pros
No free food for empolee in school canteen
Cons
As per Low
Highly professional office setting
Marketing Team (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 13, 2017
Corporate, yet, friendly environment. Dynamic in decision-making and execution. Has immensely talented and enthusiastic employees. Was a pleasure working with everyone.
Productive and energetic work place , with creative potential
Head of Arabic and Islamic (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 23, 2017
An organised working day with lots of responsibilities as I used to have a team meeting twice a week, to discuss about what has been achieved and whats coming up, we have a discussion about assessments and what the way to put them , members of staff to share their good practice, upcoming activities and celebrations in school, etc.
I have learnt the following:
1- How to be well organised as I used to keep all my documents in separate folders .
2-How to prepare a good curriculum according to UAE national agenda.
3- How to be a good leader , spreading positive vibes amongst the whole team. etc.....
A positive and a fair managemen
An interacting workplace culture with the UAE culture.
The hardest part was being responsible for a big team.
The most enjoyable part is learning a lot from that job.
Identify skills of the staff and recommend Training programs to enhance skills and efficiency.
Librarian (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 28, 2017
Develop a system to procure effective print and electronic resources in the areas focused on the college. To this direction, develop a collection development policy which includes procurement and maintenance of library resources – books, periodicals, electronic resources,
rich culture
Sr. Admin. manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiNovember 13, 2016
kind of nice workplace with a lot of culture and tradition. slight room of improvement and family oriented kind of business, driven by financial targets
Family Environment Group
Client Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  DubaiAugust 1, 2016
Looking for a better opportunity and more experience. Enhance and gain more experience specially in hospitality projects or private villas with direct clients.
security and safety
security&safety incharge (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 31, 2016
I got lot of experience about security and safety, Different type of training participated,Acknowledgement about access control and traffic control i added in my work field,communication of multi languages
Considering how easy it can be to improve the atmosphere in a workplace, there’s no excuse to cling to antiquated practices that restrict the free flo
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 12, 2016
I have been working at gems education full-time (More than a year)

Funny, helpful coworkers. Everyone cares about doing a good job with clear goals in mind. Supportive atmosphere. Laid back office culture. Free coffee. I really feel like I am needed and appreciated here.

The typical with many companies: much work to be done but that is what I signed up for. Coding standards could be improved.
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work of appreciating hard work. Meetings are helpful and the managers are doing a good job of making sure people are learning what they need to.
Sr. Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  DubaiMay 21, 2016
The working atmosphere in GEMS is always good. Provided that the culture differs with different schools, you work with. Also with the corporate office.
Teaching and seeing students progress was the most enjoyable part.
Head of Kindergarten (Former Employee) –  DubaiMarch 29, 2016
At GEMS Education I learned excellent ICT skills, time management, Professional Etiquette and skills to work with a Team to increase productivity with given resources.
The Management is very supportive to the staff and gives enough space to grow professionally . Hardwork is always appreciated by GEMS Education.Great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Once you leave and relocate to another country you are not absorbed in the GEMS school.
Enjoyed work before, not the same now.. good at school level.
Head of Students Personal and Social Development (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 16, 2016
Previously, it was fun to come to and I personally looked forward to it, but of late, it has become too top heavy with the CO personnel making life difficult for schools by just adding to the work load with a lot of stufff that is duplicated and not required. I learnt a lot and continue to learn, perhaps the best part of the organisation. The Chairman and his family are really good, but misled by many and what they get to see and hear is often distorted and blurred and not the true picture.
Pros
Good Packages
Cons
Long hours, too much dulpication, too top heavy, lots of stress, too many changes
creative atmosphere
Female Physical education teacher (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 15, 2016
Gems education you will be able to learn how to work creative and collaborate.Gems will help you to improve your professional development.
Pros
Free transport and well furnished accommodation
Cons
continues class
Well Oragnaised and good platform to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 15, 2015
It was my start in GEMS , and I got promoted within 3 months from head office to one of the school of the same group. And I worked with well trained masters in administration. After 1 year , I got promoted to Abu Dhabi , in a new school that was going to open. It was a wonderful experience.
Fun place to work and learn
Second in Department- Humanities (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUDecember 6, 2015
Good and fun place to work. Grown a lot as a leader because of the supportive management team. Co workers are exceptionally good and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the salary which is quite less. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and seeing students progress.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts
Cons
work from home
Good working environment
To assist the teacher (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUDecember 6, 2015
its a very well organized school with clear job descriptions. I love working in the foundation stage because its nurturing and the school follows the EYFS curriculum which I love.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
slow personal growth
Very dynamic work place where I have grown up professionally
Translator (Former Employee) –  Al AinNovember 4, 2015
It was very dynamic job but temporary -3.5 year project.
Being a translator in such project has meant that I had to be very flexible and adaptable to very changing work pattern. In one week course I was expected to do several training sessions at different places (schools and very formal training venues), dealing with different categories of trainees ( teachers, school leaders, educational advisors, parents) , I was expected to translate at one to one coaching sessions, translate some documents with tight deadlines and where quality assurance (proofreading) was a must.
In addition to all of that, I was required to some admin support eg, data entry, file keeping, communicating with clients maintaining our clients satisfaction.
In brief, I enjoyed and learnt a lot. The quality work I did was highly valued and appreciated by my managers.
Pros
Professional growth
Cons
It was demanding job but fun to do
Great workplace
Bus Attendant/ Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUJune 13, 2015
I had fun while having my part time. Because you interact with people in my job. You get to explore your inner self and express your knowledge over the work. Somehow stress-free because you get to like share your thoughts about the products you sell
GEMS is a very fast growing company and the market leader
Team Lead -ERP (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUOctober 12, 2014
GEMS is a very fast growing company and the market leader in their field of business.