EY Employee Reviews

Found 126 reviews matching the search See all 6,180 reviews
Great Experieance
Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AEMay 27, 2019
Working with EY was a great stepping stone. It helped me build my foundation in UAE. Worked with good leaders and a team of fantastic auditors. Hard work was recognised, work culture was fantastic.
Pros
Team Spirit
Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 6, 2019
• Successful management of diverse portfolio, leading large teams in performing assurance engagements in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing and the EY audit methodology.
• Prepared and ensured compliance to budgetary control of portfolio and other organizational policies leading to 5% increase in profitability
Pros
Flexible and growth
Cons
No work / life balance
Tax consultant to the Financial services industry
Assistant Manager - Business Tax Advisory (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 14, 2019
Provide tax consultancy to major banks in the Middle East region. A typical day would include working on drafting policies and procedures for banks to follow with regards to FATCA and CRS, talking to clients and analyzing their FATCA and CRS entity classification, etc
Amazing is the only word for it
Senior Associate - Experienced Hire Recruiter (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 6, 2019
Amazing Organization to work, with very supportive and very interactive. amazing culture to be a part of, nothing negative in my time spent with EY...
Senior to Director (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 2, 2019
No specific review comments for Ernst & Young. Great firm and great culture to work for. Big 4 firm with shared culture, values, ethics, good market standing.
A good learning experience
Senior II Auditor - Assurance and Advisory (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 10, 2018
Ernst & Young Dubai has molded me to become more professional and to be able to deal with different kinds of people from different walks of life. It is indeed a great company to start your career.
Best Company in terms of work culture. But no work life balance.
Senior Financial Auditor - Assurance (Current Employee) –  DubaiOctober 25, 2018
Best Company in terms of work culture. But no work-life balance.
1. The learning opportunities are more comparing to other companies.
2. No two days in EY is same
Engagement Auditor (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 9, 2018
Nice place to work as a starter in the field. It shall give a wide knowledge and experience from different sectors. A typical place to see the application of what we learnt in the books.
Would not recommend.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 26, 2018
No work life balance. If you're goal is not to become partner and if this is not what you love doing and want to do for the rest of your life, do not get into this company because there is no time for anything else but work.
It is a great place to learn evolve and assess yourself
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 10, 2018
I have been fortunate enough to be a part of the organisation and learn and groom my overall personality alongwith my intellectual development.

EY believes in team building and which has helped me to evolve my inter-personnel and relationship management skills
Productive en leerzaam
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 6, 2018
Ik heb met EY-Dubai gewerkt. De professionals van Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services stonden cliënten terzijde bij complexe gevallen van fraude, naleving van regels en zakelijke geschillen. we helpen opdrachtgevers om zaken op te lossen en strategieën te ontwikkelen. Een belangrijk onderdeel van je werkzaamheden: we helpen organisaties om risico’s effectiever te beheersen.
Pros
uitdaging
Cons
langwerken
n/a
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part is working on new projects, analyzing new industries. EY has very good workplace culture and management. Hardest part would be work/life balance.
Exellent
Advisory intern (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 2, 2018
- Really comfortable working environment, team are so friendly. (General consensus amongst employees who have worked for different companies is that EY has the friendliest culture of the Big Four).
- Even as an Intern, the Partners still have time to speak to you
- Excellent training and support
- Gain a good insight into different service areas
- Possibility of a job offer
- Well paid
Day in day out
Senior Consultant - CRM & Data analysis (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 24, 2018
-Depends on how often you check your emails over the weekend or are expecting something urgent to work on as soon as you get in. This typically can vary from individual to individual depending on grade and team they work with.
-I have gained significant knowledge working at Ernst & Young ranging from Data analysis working on multiple dashboards for multiple clients both internally & externally; gained significant knowledge on Powerpoint, Word and Excel tools knowledge that I failed to learn outside of EY.
-Time management is not really very effective at EY as you end up most of the time either working over the weekend or overtime due to poor time management by your superior or just a typical work dumped on your lap by end of the day expected to be completed early next day.
-Hardest part of EY is that it is mainly a sink or swim job you have to learn fast and on your own rarely do you get any proper guidance with any new job or task given (you mainly rely on your networking skills to find out how it is done or get a grasp of it)
-Most enjoyable part of my job at EY is that we are able to work remotely from client sites from home from different offices (we are not tied down to a certain office)
Pros
Remote work capability
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime, lack of work/life balance
A great place to work
Account Support Associate (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 10, 2018
Its a great place to work. The values and cultures are shaped to satisfy the employees. Its 100% true in its slogan which says "better working world".
Great organization to work
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 30, 2018
Great opportunities of learn, very professional environment.

Employee appraisals are very fair and takes consideration from all aspects which keeps you motivated.
not a good place to work
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 14, 2018
Not only did I move between organisations, I also made the move between continents, which was one of my toughest and in retrospect, my most rewarding personal decision. The prospect of a career that involved complex problem-solving while making strategic business recommendations and thriving on a variety of industries is as attractive now as it was then.
Pros
Diversed people
Cons
long hours of work
Stable and reputable firm
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 14, 2018
Very good in career growth & development
Average salary & benefits for the staff
work balance & stability
friendly staff and enjoyable place to work with.
Productive organization and a perfect place for learning
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dubai OfficeMay 1, 2018
I should say, that I am proud to be working for Ernst & Young in the MENA Region, and it is a great opportunity in the practice of my profession. The firm provides a conducive place to learn and continuously grow in the profession.
Cons
Too
Work culture and knowledge base
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  DubaiApril 25, 2018
Good place for fresher to start career and teaches time management with multi culture colleagues.
Young and energetic team makes us to improve our knowledge in the same field and overall market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K