DynCorp International Inc

DynCorp International Inc Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates82 reviews
Good management,learned new things.good working team Accomadation was good.good coloration with Army staff.nice food.work place culture was good..well trained managers
No matter what the salary they pay you- they are not transparent. No amount of money would ever make me work for this company again. A very select few are professional.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything except salary
I really enjoyed my work as well as the people with whom I worked (management, colleagues, clients and advisees). Excellent experience overall. Most of the people I encountered from many walks of life were professional and quite dedicated to accomplishing the mission.
Good company, all the facilities given by the company is outstanding, I will suggest anyone with no objection. I never had such an excellent hospitality
It was a satisfying job teaching a different culture and watching the progression of new Pilots. The drive to work was 1-1.30 minutes a day which made times tiring. Overall th job was enjoyable. dealing with holidays and such became difficuly. The management was outstanding and always supported me in my deceisions.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Drive to work
It's not a bad company but there is manning issues. Currently don't have the proper manning to support the mission. If we had more manning, it wouldn't be that bad.
I've worked with Dyncorp in a UAE since 2015. From the moment I got hired by them until the very last day, they were very professional and I felt like I had a second family away from home.
The HR lady is just awesome and she would go above and beyond her scope of work to support the employees.

Sadly their contract end up and I had to change.I still hold my hopes high so in the future I can find a possibility to go back to DI.
Pros
Awesome Company, great HR, good salary.
Cons
Contract ends, you might lose your job.
i receives inbound from two source that is SP and SCS by checking the HS code and value to correspond after i see to it if the quantity of pallets, boxes or packages mentioned on the BOE is physical there and also make to look out for damages on the items before offloading for physical verification by opening each box or items to check the part number and the quantity mentioned in the document and take pictures for any damage or wrong item provide by supplier before starting receiving in dynmro
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
tea breaks
I worked for Dyncorp in their Middle Eastern Theatre. The first year was'nt to bad of an experience. The Switch and Bait came after the first years contract, in which they removed the Cost of Living coverage initiated in the first contract. The offset ended up being less than what was actually required to obtain housing for a year in the U.A.E.. This forced a lot of contractors to apply for loans just to maintain their contract. How do they get away with this? They hold the International business designation and the contract are written based on English law...
I worked for this company in different situations. As mechanic, inspector, supervisor and manager. The work culture at each location was different but always supportive.
Pros
Good benefits and work schedules
Cons
This company is great for people who want to earn some money while enjoying a relatively stress-free environment. The management does its best of maintaining a respectful work environment.
Best Place to work in terms of Less Pressure, There is no scope for promotion but will be doing the same work through out.
The most enjoyable part is that colleagues are supportive.
Dyn corp. Hire for temp. work is not long time career company, After you provide all your effort to work with them they leave the employee without transfer to other opportunity in the same company. They don't pay you unemployment benefits
Many people with negative reviews did not fit in with the no nonsense culture of overseas life. to keep it as clean as I can you cannot BS your way over there. its a war zone, so all those layers of fat get cut right thru very quickly.
As a Quality Control Inspector with DynCorp I was compensated very well and was treated with respect and liked working with the people I was assigned with.
long work hours and you worked 60 hours a week minimum. Management didn't take care of their employees and cared more about other management personnel.
Pros
Good salary, great job security
Cons
poor management staff, long hours, low morale
been work w/ dyn since 2012 at Fuels Department.
(Operations is confidentia)l

Safety procedure is always on the top of the chain before starting our work.
fast pace, good training, teach you what your going to encounter. All travel in included they pay for all travel. Contract 1 year at a time, option to sign another year or end contract.
Pros
Away from home/ danger
Cons
Good $, experience
For such a large company, several of their processes could use vast improvement. The opportunity for advancement is very low due to a small work section, as well as offering outside hires before offering positions to current employees.
Pros
housing and transportation provided
Cons
Lack of ability to contact upper management with problem and concerns, Compensation is lower than comparable companies and positions in this area (UAE).
Management is stagnant with no or little room to advance. Most management is set in their ways and don't take criticism well. Also way too many mid managers trying to prove they are better than others while employee moral suffers. Direct supervisor and shop is awesome just upper management needs new younger innovators.
equal opportunity work, management is good, work place is good, the hardest part of the job is working everyday 12 hour and no off. i learned from company in discipline and hard work.