DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL

DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates60 reviews
Dubai International Hotel is a very big property since it was located inside the 3 concourses of Dubai Airport. This is a 520 room hotel consists of internatinal restaurants and lounges.
Good place to learn. Great team working.This hotel is the useful for those people who is going to start their carrier in hospitality because all the senior staff are helpful and friendly.
It was really fun and challenging place to work in dubai international airport hotel. Everyday we work everday we learn a new things.not only i got and experience about waiter as a employee they gave me all the training regarding the bar, executive lounge service training, housekeeping, cleaning and housekeeping, food and hygiene classes and many more day to day tips regarding the quality service to our customers and guests.
Pros
Free food and accommodation
Cons
10 hours
This was my first venture into accounting and finance after more that 25 years of software development and even though the work was challenging with long working hours, I had excellent colleagues in the management team as well as great team members in my department which made my tenure at the hotel a very fulfilling one.
It’s a very large company inside the airport, they have lots of f&b outlets and hotels. Colleagues are friendly but management was the worst management I’ve ever seen. They don’t listen to their staffs needs and they don’t care about the staffs health. Duty was rotating from 4 shifts morning, afternoon, evening, and night. It’s all 12 hours shift and weekly rotation. People tend to get sick due to their lack of sleep and most of us was not effective anymore with our jobs. This company also keeps employees passports and you need to get through a lot before you can borrow it.
Pros
Duty free and airport restaurants discounts.
Cons
Long hours and very low salary
People that work here are genuinely helpful and friendly
Management are really supportive

People are promoted internally

Really suits people who like a fast pace/ entrepreneurial

Free Lunches that are healthy and high quality,
Pros
Passionate people
Cons
Limited flexibility around working hours, with different generations in the business having different opinions
Dubai international hotel is a good workplace for hoteliers and airport enthusiast. They provide training for the staff monthly to boost well their confidence and gain additional knowledge.they also provide free accommodation and food for their staff. They also have medical insurance for each staff. The typical day at work is going to work with a smile and confidence and the knowledge about the job you are in to.So far the hardest job of my job is dealing with irate customers of course you need to deal with much patience and professionalism.For the most enjoyable part is building a rapport with the guest and providing them with quality service.
Pros
free food/meals, 2 days off in a week plus Public holiday
Cons
12 hours duty
Nice company to work with. Friendly associates and environment. Good working condition for staff and very supportive management specially in learning about new stuff from your workplace and peers.
Pros
Free food and accommodation
Cons
no overtime pay
the management should not think about money need to think also about all staff. should be all staff need to give same spoon. but this management mafia only Pilipino
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Good job opportunities for those who are starting their career this company gives proper training to ensure that you can work under pressure at any circumstances
Pros
Free meal
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL?
* Good environment for a workplace, I met a lot of people with different nationalities and cultures. Management are always supporting our needs in terms of the Job, and the workplace culture is by being happy to make customers happy.
* The hardest part of the job is when you run for your next arrival flight to a very far and remote gate where a chance of missing the guest is possible.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is working as a team in terms of assisting and helping everyone in the premises of our Hotel inside the airport, and in the whole airport as well.
Pros
Free food, laundry, and accommodation.
Cons
Long hours, and very busy sometimes.
This is my good time to being a employee of service sector .i have learned much more about bar knowledge and cashiering .and important things is that i got a good experience about hospitality field . Be always patient and work as a teamwork...actually its not hard to work as bartender for my view .it very interesting job i ever had .the most enjoyable part of the job is busy time ..i can't feel boring .
Pros
free food at duty time
Cons
13 hours
Great place to work. Many opportunities within the Department. Performance-based career advancement, not an Area Manager's pet based career promotions/advancement.
Latest high technology use in every department. The work environment is fun and caring. Job work and life balanced activities thru out the year.

The employer always invested funds on training and career development programs.

Many social, religious and sports events organized for the staffs.

Dubai's one of the greatest Incentive/bonus program encouraged each and every employee's full productivity supports the increase the revenue and the profitability.
Pros
Great system execution
Cons
The work place is always busy and on the go since we cater to travellers that stays for a long hours before their next flight. All booking are either pre-booked or booked through walk in.
Pros
Meeting and exercising patience during the stressful time of duty
Cons
Long and stressful working hours of 14hrs
You got to learn a lot of things and got to have lots of people to meet every day. It is a very busy hotel but for beginners, it is a great stepping stone.
Pros
Free food accommodation and airleine ticket
Cons
overtime without pay
We work 10 hours a day with one day off only, an average span of hours for this hotel.
I learned too much from here, from check in and out using OPERA ORACLE at any given time - everyday, with over more than 30-50 in transit guests encountered by one person in every 06 reception desks, coming from all over the globe for a layover. Careful handling of unusual and complex requests and complaints that is more than usual compared to an ordinary hotel. Gates, Flight and various Airlines information was required to learn too as expected out of you by transit passengers. Cash, credit cards and city ledger payments handled for cashiering. HUSTLE AND BUSTLE everyday that gets you worked up but tires you a lot afterwards and just puts you to sleep, leaving you no room for a word "LIFESTYLE".

But getting the chance to deal with a lot of different people, culture and race, it enticed me to go and push myself more and be out of my comfort zone.
Cons
travel time and long walks in and out the airport
Good for Freshers.4 shift with in the air port. 500 rooms operational
multinational friendly work place .bonus every year management is not helpful no motivation
Pros
free food
Cons
Working with different people specially different nationalities are a huge barrier not just for me as an employee but also as a resident residing in Middle East. But it was actually fun and bery open to any possibilities that Dubai can offer.
Pros
Accommodations, Food and Transportation
Cons
Long hours but no Overtime Payment
Dubai International Hotel is a five star airport hotel which has different food and beverge outlet. And in my almost two years of experience I had six designated area such as Cadiz tapaz bar which serve spanish cuisine, The Hub is a bar and restaurant which have draught beer and asian cuisine, the Wings Bar for alcholic and non-alcholic drinks, the Gallery which serve ala carte menu and buffet who accept the airline delay flights, the Seafood Restaurant that offer fresh variety of seafoods and lastly the Lobby bar that located in the lobby of the hotel reception. As you can see Im flexible for any challenges work.
Pros
Free accomodation, food, health card and tips
Cons
Long hours and low salary
It was challenging especially I am dealing with different kinds of people with different culture and different needs. Working in UAE is hard especially the weather during summer however I learned to become competent and deals with different kinds of people all over the world
I've learned more knowledge to these companies especially the different type of equipment that I need to repair or troubleshoot.
Pros
Free board and lodging + free foods
Cons
Management is not good
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL. Our community is ready to answer.
DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL Reviews by Location