DU Employee Reviews

Good training ground
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 13, 2017
Du is a good training ground to start your career with. You can deal with different races, culture and behavior. You can carry this to other companies because it won't be hard for you to deal with different people.

You'll learn to deal, understand and read the behavior of each customer by how the greet and speak.

Its enjoyable and exciting. Co-workers are kind and managers and there to train you.
Pros
You have access to all the numbers and names in UAE (you can activate or deactivate offers)
Cons
angry customer everyday, the problem of the company will be your problem also, no double pay during holiday.
strong communication skills,organising office activities.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DubaiJanuary 10, 2017
Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
Supervising administrative staff and dividing responsibilities to ensure performance
Managing agendas for upper management.
Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.).
Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
not so good working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dubai Academic CityJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work would be sitting and waiting for calls. I have learned to love my job and my colleagues, improve rapport with customers . The hardest part of the job is having a graveyard shift full month and the most enjoyable part is being wiht colleagues who supports me.
Pros
nothing for free
Learning is better
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Dubai Silicon OasisJanuary 3, 2017
Overall the current job environment is very friendly, Management is cooperative and help at work at the time of need.

good training programs.

more targets are imposed and job security is minimal.

overall good working experience.
Pros
occasional food
Cons
sit back, more targets
productive and good team workers
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 26, 2016
it was a good experience for me to deal with customers complaints and queries and solving them, need to collect their information and assist in sales and services and there by achieving companies goals.
Every morning in briefing we are doing the activity
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  DubaiDecember 15, 2016
Hi , i am working for du telecom as a senior retail sales executive my review is they should develop the system and the management should have the product knowledge.
work place
Customer Service Part Time Only (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 6, 2016
i have learned how to deal with all type of customers some came on anger and i have make them satisfied with my work and the company give them best service as i can and every day i meet new people and they really appreciate with my service and they feel good and the hardest part of job was when there was no one one day i worked for 12 hours without eating anything because it was not allowed to leave for anything if there is not any other colleague so i give my best that day and the management really got impressed with me. i think that was the best job i have ever worked
Very Hardworking and Innovative ideas
Consultant Fraud (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 24, 2016
I Learnt a lot in Du especially about Gulf telecoms risk and security.
It was a new learning and challenge. although i worked in Qatar also however i learn a lot in Du since this is a Big market.
My Job
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 23, 2016
It was very challenging work, I was able to deal with different people, different characteristics of customer. Though it was hard but I was happy doing my job with my colleagues, it may have been perfect but we know we do have misunderstanding sometimes. We have support from the management, they good incentive skims. I am applying for another job for the only reason that I need higher salary to support my family.
Pros
good working schedule
Cons
difficult to ask increment
Hard working seniors setting good example and lively atmosphere.
COLLECTIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dubai Silicon OasisNovember 16, 2016
Good experience in terms of socializing and improving public speaking skills. Improved IT skills and tolerance in time of dispute with customers. The perks were to have an instant respond in terms of performance.
Pros
Celebrations and fun activities
Cons
Long hours.
Good work place,some times we play football
Customer Service Representative &Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  DubaiNovember 7, 2016
It is good company I learn a lot of things from the company
and I am still learning from my team work and i got some courses that all helped me to improve my skills
Productive and Well environment
administrative Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 31, 2016
I worked here as an accountant.It is a Telecommunication company, it's head office situated in Dubai. I have 1 year experience in this field in UAE.
Experience on Du_6 months
outdoor sales & merchandise (Former Employee) –  AjmanOctober 9, 2016
it was a quiet good experience on outdoor sales in Du, I got lot of opportunities to learn whole new things about varies products offered by Du and got an my privilege to introduce it to the new customers during my six months in DU.
Pros
Free lunch coupons
Cons
long hours of standing
Du Telecom overview.
Team Leader- International Roaming (Current Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 25, 2016
The working experience in Du is phenomenal. I was able to explore the key area of customer service and train the new colleagues in handling customer's.
Cons
No Increment, No Bonus
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Internet CitySeptember 5, 2016
Every day is a tough day
Meeting new clients each day
Meeting the clients on different part of UAE
Explored most of the part of Dubai
Management need to improve as I was working with one of the channel partners.
incompetent management
Du Telecom (Current Employee) –  DubaiAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at Du is nothing but answering calls, unfortunately, there is nothing that company could offer to the advancement of the individual employee neither on the job nor on the personal ground.
Management is in complete disarray not only that, we had to deal with multiple occasion of racism, all they could do is make threats of termination instead fixing. My co-workers are supportive and very understanding and you can depend on when things get tough.
Cons
Bad management, racism
Retention Officer (Current Employee) –  Dubai,August 6, 2016
Normal Days, with good environment learned many skills have some good experience, time management was good.
the colleagues are good, cooperative and well educated.
Productive and challenging
Team Leader/Sales (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 22, 2016
In my current role as Store In-Charge /Team Leader for one of the telecom companies in the UAE, I am accustomed to working in a high-pressure environment where accuracy and attention to details are very important. I pride myself with the ability to work with grace under pressure. I always aim to be positive at work in order to meet what is expected from me by my colleagues, managers, and the company.
I enjoy my work now. But, of course, I am still on a lookout a job opportunity where I can contribute and utilize my knowledge, skills, and abilities in achieving organizational goals, as well as my personal career goals.
Fun At Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dubai Silicon OasisJune 21, 2016
It was my first job in dubai working as a tale caller in Du Telecom and was afraid that if i don't perform will lose my job. However i found managment very helpfull they helped me a lot in my initial days which helped me to perform well and before completing my probation period was awarded as a best performer.

when come to the fun at work i can say im a luckiest person to get job in such a company where managment allow emplyees to have such fun at work, specially in Dubai. every thursday will have a new game on the floor and it motivate us a lot.
MNMI Promoter
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  DubaiJune 15, 2016
To work with DU is the great opportunity for me.It was the great fun place where I enjoyed my work alot .It is the place where I have explored my skill alot.
Pros
Great work timing.