DoubleTree by Hilton Management reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 3,766 reviews
Family feeling
Engineering supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dubai JumeirahNovember 12, 2018
The best place to not only work but also for self growth. Provides trainings for inter hotel departmental transfers. Great accommodation environment. Support for the extra curricular activities
Pros
You can grow your career
Great Place to work
Food and beverage service (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahSeptember 2, 2018
It is great place to work and learn. Management is good. flexible working hours. Average pay but good benefits in terms of accomodation, meals, medical and insurance.
Pros
Good management and housing facilities
Cons
Average pay
good place to work and learn
Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahJuly 1, 2018
good place to work and learn new things grate team
best management good location in rak well working time
by good transport 24 hrs less traveling time .
Pros
nice food
Cons
if need
Poor Management
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 13, 2018
Poor Management and less salary can improve has so much potential but as I said before poor management and in the last stages before the renovation people were fired a lot.
It's a great place to work ..day by day we can increase our productivity of gaining knowledge.
Commis 1 (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahApril 24, 2017
Lots of helps from the other head chefs.when ever we need someone as guide wise and help wise.our executive chef is always there.over all it's has been a pleasure to work here so far.
Pros
Duty time food and leisure activities after the duty
Cons
Long hours of duty..no overtime
Nice place to work where you can learn more about the standard of Hospitality and also grow in your career
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahJanuary 18, 2017
During my Training in Engineering Department i learn more about the newest Technology,addition experiences in my field,The management is a good that gives the opportunity To grow in career,Good working hours,and we work as a team to able us carry out our duty.
Pros
Free internet facilities
Cons
Good working Hours
Good but Needs Improvement
Guest Relation Officer (Current Employee) –  Ras Al KhaimahJanuary 5, 2017
The hotel itself is very beautiful and has the potential to become travelers choice in Ras Al Khaimah. However, being a newly opened property the management is not as expected and Hilton standard. There are lots areas where it need to improvise.
One team with different nationalities.
Spa Receptionist (Current Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesDecember 14, 2016
In a hospitality industry, you work long hours; you get tired and stress but at the end of the day you feel successful especially when you saw the big smile from your thousand guest. In three years working in Hilton company I moved with different departments and it gives me knowledge how to operate the business. Regarding the management and my co-workers I'm happy. Its hard for me to deal with the guest that can't understand English and the most enjoyable part in our property how many nationalities you need to deal, yes sometimes its hard but day by day your learning as well with their different culture.
Work in Kitchen
Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahMay 17, 2016
It is great to work in Kitchen in Hilton brands. Enjoying working with the team and management. Benefits are good with life balance and secured job as there are lots of opportunities for movements.
fun workplace
night supervisor (Former Employee) –  DubaiMarch 13, 2016
it was great to work with such a big brand . the reason i have leave is that coz the management have its own priorities and people to select to grow with the company .
Pros
all day meals
Cons
health
Fun and a nice training ground for the starter
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 8, 2016
Good workplace and a perfect training ground for a starter hotelier. I learned and was trained very well. The management is fun loving. Co workers are great and very supportive. Its a nice job and with future with regards to my career.
Pros
complete with other benefits
Cons
not enough salary
professional and nice to work with colleagues
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  dubaiMay 14, 2015
Im happy to work with my team member because we are cooperate each other sometime we are joking each other.I am working 9 hours a day including breaktime,my work isn't that much hardest thing in every daily basis because I had already experience in customer service and answering calls in my previous job,,the thing is I love my job so that why its easy to me,

The management it self has good reputation and cooperate each others,and they give us free accomadtion food and transporation and the important we have medical insurance.and the one thing I didn't experience in my previous company the benefits that I didn't received,which I received to my company now in doubletree my Hilton.
Pros
free foods
Cons
9 hours
Productive in sports... swimming.. running...
Snr Bell Captain (Concierge) (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 8, 2015
Every day i learned how to interact with different culture,different needs .
The management is better and up to the standard of Hilton wild wide.
I go along with my core workers,understand each and every individual.
The hardest part of the job would be when things does not go well on time as we plan that may be caused by either natural disasters such as the traffic jam in case we ware to arrange transport drop off from the hotel to the airport.

The most enjoyable part is when we celebrate the winning jheart of our guest especially when they write positive comments on the tripladvisor
Pros
free meals and free transport
Cons
9 hours working with brakes in between
It's very interesting to meet guest and try to make them happy.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah, RKJanuary 19, 2015
My job is handle guests check in and check out and make them feel happy happy - it is most lovely and enjoyable part of the job. When guest or someone approaches to give thanks and I see that they are satisficed - it is a great feeling it means that I achieved my target.
Of course it does not always be "happy end". :-)) So I learned from this job to how handle in every situations, I learned to find solutions and how to approach to problems, even when it seem there is no way only "run away" there is "way" there is solution.
And also this is my first job in the Middle East - so it is my first teacher, first trainer.
Management of our department are very good. Sometimes I don't feel that I've management :-))) I mean that our management are very close with us and we are like a very big family. All my co-workers are pretty good and nice. We always teach each other and in every possibility help to each other.
Pros
Free meal and free accommodation
Cons
Low level salary; Accommodation is located in the desert there is nothing arround, to go to city it will cost 40 -50 AED one way)
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ras al-Khaimah, RKAugust 8, 2014
My days there was very very busy. The hotel has 485 rooms and all the time is full. I learned to operate in ONQ system , to work with 35 different nationalities .I had a very good training there, the management was so friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job ? when we had over then 200 check ins and 200 check outs.
Pre opening and opening team member
Senior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  dubaiAugust 3, 2014
a great place to work and grow
• Handling a team of 22 staff, I am responsible for the all the F and B outlets Operation, reporting directly to the Executive chef and the General Manager. This includes 110 suites and 300 apartments, All-day dinning, Arabic restaurant, Pool Bar, Lobby Lounge, Banqueting facilities, In-Room dinning, and amenity section of the hotel.
• Was instrumental in standardizing the menus for banqueting kit which we developed and creating special themed coffee breaks.
• Did Successful Pre-Opening and Opening Of the Hotel. Which includes making of Critical Path, Business Plan, Operational Checklist, Operating Equipment Par Stock, Competitive Surveys, Job Descriptions, Training Plans, Department Policies and procedure, CAPEX list, SOP, snag list, Standardizing of recipes, Recipe costing, Equipment List, Marketing Plan.
a good enviroment with a nice and happy people to work with
bar waitress (Current Employee) –  UAE ras al khaimaMay 26, 2013
I really like my job at the moment because I make it to the point that I can take responsibilities and I have the self ownership. The company trusted me to monitor the bar I learned lots of things doing the inventory how to make requisition and managing the bar alone . The management was cooperative but sometimes they need to give the staff some compliment for doing a good job. The hardest part of the job was working long hours ,working under sun. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was making the guest satisfy. They are the one who make me feel important. They say that staff are the main reason why the guest keep on coming to our hotel, Because we gave them service that exceed to their expectation..