bioMerieux Employee Reviews

Good environment, management needs cleaning a bit
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 10, 2018
Enjoyed the people I had to work with daily but was very hard trying to work with certain managers. Good company to just get some experience & move along to bigger and better opportunities.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible Management (esp on 2nd shift)
Company with a life saving product
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 9, 2018
Employs some good people that work hard and have fun doing it. Lots of week day BBQ's and fun time activities. They throw good year end galas. There is good and bad like all companies.
Average day at bioMerieux
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2018
My days were filled with many different opportunities. I continually made my way through the organization helping where I could and administering to all that needed assistance.
The culture of this company was varied and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing so many nice people and interacting with many department heads throughout my day.
Pros
I was able to take on my projects with no interference.
Cons
Lack of company communication when implementing new procedures.
Très bonne entreprise
Ingénieure Industrialisation (Current Employee) –  Craponne (69)May 2, 2018
Très bonne entreprise dans laquelle nous avons des perspectives de carrière intéressantes
grande autonomie dans le travail
Ingénieur d'application (Current Employee) –  Marcy L EtoileApril 11, 2018
une grande autonomie et un environnement de travail agréable sont appréciables.
toutefois c'est dommage que le management ne soit pas plus attentifs et ait davantage de moyens pour l'évolution de carrière des collaborateurs.
Pros
autonomie, environnement de travail
Cons
manque de reconnaissance du travail accompli
Empresa muito boa para se trabalhar
Analista Sênior de Suprimentos (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJApril 10, 2018
Totalmente dinâmica, obtive vários resultados estratégicos e operacionais.
Cultura mundial fortemente aplicada.
Líder no seu segmento.
Muito agradável trabalhar com aquela Equipe.
Pros
Refeição no Local
Cons
Não enxergo nenhum contra
Productive workplace
Maintenance and Reliabiltiy Engineer- Senior Tech (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 10, 2018
highly recommend working here
lots of great people
clean
great cafeteria chances for advancement are there, you have to find them....
free popcorn on Wednesday
Dobra atmosfera
Sales administration specialist, (OTC End User) (Former Employee) –  Warszawa, mazowieckieMarch 28, 2018
Dobra atmosfera, work-life balance; słabe możliwości rozwoju; bardzo niskie zarobki
travail sympathique
Opérateur de production (Former Employee) –  Marcy-l'Étoile (69)March 26, 2018
Au sein d'une équipe fort agréable, les formations en interne on été efficace et agéable.
Pros
repas gratuit, a proximité du domicile
Cons
emploi courte durée
Great Place to work
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 18, 2018
I learn about the industry procedure and rules. They empathize on safety and to follow the rules. the management are great. the workplace culture is very good, very respectful and organize. The hardest part of the job is sometime dont have the information on the equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible time and the people working there. Overall I enjoy my time working there.
Pros
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about bioMerieux?

Ask a question
Excelente empresa
Supervisora de Crédito e Cobrança / Financeira (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SPMarch 15, 2018
Excelente empresa para trabalhar sob todos os aspectos.
Pros
Cultura organizacional excelente
Cons
não há contras
Opportunité de carrière
Opératrice de ligne de Répartition Petri 3 (Former Employee) –  Craponne (69)March 9, 2018
On ne peux pas beaucoup évolué. On reste dans le meme cadre pendant toute sa vie.
Pros
O
very demanding
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 8, 2018
my supervisor was a bully and led by intimidation with threats not a fun place to work at all would not recommend it to anyone. Facilities department you do not want to work there very large turnover.
Department-dependent
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2018
As a whole, bioMerieux is a good place to work. The benefits are really good, and the Vitality program is a wonderful extra incentive that can go toward lowering what you pay for health insurance and other benefits. However, workplace culture and experience really depends on what department you're working in.

When I worked there, I was in Media Production. The job description said that 1 year of wet chemistry experience was required, as well as a college degree in the sciences. Those are OVERKILL requirements. Nothing about what is done in that department is scientific. It's literally a glorified factory environment thinly disguised as a laboratory. The hours are long (when I left, they had bumped the shifts from 10 to 12 hours), and the days start early at 4:00 am. You are not allowed to sit if you're working on the bench. Lunch breaks were trimmed back to 30 minutes. Sure, we got 3 15-minute breaks in between, but for a 10-12 hour shift, that doesn't make much difference. If you wanted time off, you had to put it in way in advance because there was a max of 2 people who could be out on a single day. Overtime was "voluntary/mandatory," which meant if you didn't put in overtime after a certain duration, you were required to come in. The upper managers insisted that what production does is important (in their defense, it definitely is), but all they gave us were words. No increase in bonus, no increase in pay, nothing. Just an increase in hours. Most of the Group Leads are attentive and will do their best to work with you, but even they're tied to an extent.
  more...

However, if you can get into departments such as QC, Validations, R&D, or Clinical, you will be much happier. They work regular hours, and their work is more science-based than Production. And overall, it's a good company that does good work and makes very useful products and instruments. Just avoid Production if you don't want a factory job and want a scientific position.
Pros
discounted lunches, great benefits, Vitality program, good coworkers
Cons
insufficient breaks, long hours, poor work-life balance
Productive place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2018
Laid back place to work. Nothing hard about it. Great benefits. I work there now as a Temp/Contractor and have not been hired yet. I have applied but have not heard anything.
quaterly bbqs
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  QueenslandMarch 4, 2018
positive social culture felt valued as a team member security working within a global company working with diagnostics and microbiological products payed courses in up skilling
Pros
bbq
bioMerieux
Clinical Support Scientist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
The clinical affairs department expects a lot for a little. Training is not executed well and then when something goes wrong it is solely on the person who did it even if no to little training was provided. Very clique like department and organization and contract employees are not treated well at all. No benefits or pto provided.
Agreable
Agent bureautique (Former Employee) –  Marcy-l'Étoile (69)February 22, 2018
Un cadre de travail agréable, une culture d'entreprise formidable.
Great Environment
Research and Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 21, 2018
I thought the Research and Development team was welcoming and talented. The work was challenging - design focus frequently changed and long term professional goals were difficult to achieve. I ended my two year contract position when the project moved to another location for the next phase of development. I chose not to renew my contract.
Pros
Research and Development is challenging
Cons
Long term professional goals were difficult to achieve.
Not the best department to work in
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Unprofessional and hostile environment. The employees do not welcome new employees. They laugh and talk about them to their faces. If you don’t tell them your business they don’t like you and try to give you a hard time when you have to work with them. Management allows negative behavior among employees. If management knows you have a difficult time working with someone they purposely put them together. I only recommend this company if you choose to work in other departments. Card Production dept is the worst to work in.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, on-site gym
Cons
Poor morale, difficult people to work with. Management does nothing about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bioMerieux. Our community is ready to answer.