Aspen Pharmacare Employee Reviews

Work at Aspen is very demanding but teach you a lot on how to deal with challenges on your own as well as in a team.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eastern CapeApril 2, 2018
At Aspen you always focus continuously improvement. You also focus on the problem and not a person. You try to reach target always and deliver on time. You never leave to go home unless a task is done.
Pros
You defnitly learn a lot
Cons
Hours very demanding
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern CapeMarch 28, 2018
Aspen Pharmacare taught me a lot as a person and as an employee. Its a pity in the end the manager worked me out. I enjoyed my time there and am grateful for all the opportunities it gave me.
Pros
Travel
Productive and proffesional workplace
Talent and Development Inclusion Officer (Former Employee) –  La Lucia, KwaZulu-NatalMarch 20, 2018
ASPEN staff all work together as a great team even between departments. Everyone is friendly but professional and are driven to working towards ensuring that ASPEN moves forward to international standards.
Pros
Lovely Lunch room with good coffee and bread and condiments
Cons
for me the traveling is quite far from Hillcrest
Great company
Business Unit Head (Former Employee) –  JohannesburgMarch 11, 2018
Company has great people and great products, however recent management changes has caused them to loose some very good people. Some bad decission by senior management recently.
Teamwork excellent
Document clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern CapeFebruary 25, 2018
Both departments that I've been working I enjoyed the team's. I've learned a lot of how the day to day procedures and running of the company. My team leaders as well as managers always make us aware of the importance of what we do for our customers and public. Sometimes we have to put in extra hours or working on weekends for orders on demand but it was worth it. I really like working in a team and it always help when it comes to problem solving.
Pros
December bonus with a shopping voucher
Cons
Long hours and shift allowances % should be same
Fun Customer orientated
Pharmacist assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern CapeFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoy dealing with customers and working with a multi disciplinary team.
Highly motivated
Time management
Attention to detail
Professional
Work well on my own and under pressure
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Great place to learn and then move on
Medical Representative (Current Employee) –  GautengFebruary 6, 2018
It's always about the number, how to achieve that number is not always clear but they insist you must make the number
Marketing is very laid back and is not clued up with what's going on in the trade
Management claim to have open door policy but that is usually not the case. I find that they shut reps down so there's a big disconnect within Sales and marketing
Pros
Great people to work with but the good ones dont stay long
Cons
You will only move up if you know someone high up
Referência para qualquer empresa
SUPERVISOR DE LOGÍSTICA (Former Employee) –  Serra, ESJanuary 27, 2018
Benefícios e Valorização de pessoas impecável
Trata o empregado como o seu primeiro cliente
Productive job and flexible hours
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  GautengJanuary 26, 2018
I do like my company because I only work day shift exluding weekends. I have gained valuable knowledge and experience of the marketing and maintaining of a portfolio. My position has exposed me to various systems of tracking product performance and on how to analyze their trends in the market. The most challenging thing in this job is when the product is out of stock and you recieve calls from clients enquiring about your product on when it will back because there is a critical patient whose on this medication. The enjoyable part on this job it has gave me a confident on presenting the work i do as we attend conferences and team building.
Pros
Attending conferences and team building in nice resturants
Cons
When I am given a difficult task with a short deadline
Challenges between work and life balancing
Snr Chemist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern CapeJanuary 24, 2018
Demands are than the supply of resources which cause low morale. Development of employees is very poor.
No communication between Management and employees
Cons
Wonderful company to work for.
Senior Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  woodmead johanessburgDecember 28, 2017
A wonderful experience for 9 and a half years working for the company. Very understanding and considerate management. Always cared and enquired about the employees welfare
Pros
Wonderful company to work for.
Bueno
REPRESENTANTE MEDICO DE ALTA ESPECIALIDAD (Current Employee) –  TIJUANA, BAJA CALIFORNIADecember 9, 2017
Empresa buena pero de alguna manera no te da claramente las reglas de juego con respeco ascensos y falta de reconocimiento en los resultados
Pros
seguro dental
Cons
Incertidumbre por cambio a out sorching
Emprese com um ambiente de trabalho agrádavel e acolhedor
Jovem Aprendiz - Desenvolvimento de Embalagens (Current Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJNovember 23, 2017
Na Aspen temos a possibilidade de evoluir em muitos aspectos, e um deles é o social, considerando o grande incentivo ao trabalho voluntário.
Great start up in Canada
Regional Business Manager - Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 20, 2017
A Sales and Marketing Specialist with extensive local, national and international experience in all aspects of the Health Care Businesses. With over 20 years of experience, not only in the ethical pharmaceutical business but also selling Business to Business solutions in private clinics closing contracts in the $1,000,000 + per annum. Adept at managing, coaching and training people at different levels, known to take initiative, spur others on.
pushing numbers and the bottom line is all that matters
Production Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, ECNovember 16, 2017
rushed to meet targets at any cost or expense, working crazy overtime hours per month. lack of respect for your loved profession, it was a mistake to work for this company, we only did it for the money.
Pros
meeting new pharmacists and sharing ideas
Cons
military style working
Dynamic and supportive working environment
Senior Regulatory Affairs Compliance (Current Employee) –  County DublinNovember 15, 2017
Dynamic and never a dull moment
Learnt writing dossiers and managing people
Managed 5 junior staff as well as my project management
friendly and helpful colleagues who make work life interesting
Lots of rolling deadlines which have to be met
Colleagues rally round to help anyone struggling to meet deadlines.
Pros
Dynamic and lovely working environment
Cons
sometimes have less time for break
Professional and formal enviroment
Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Distrito CapitalNovember 11, 2017
Excellent work environment and a very good organization to make permanent career with constant updates of the products for sale with periodic budget reviews and activities related to the market.
Pros
Continuous training
Cons
Import dependence for sale of products
Empresa moderna e ótima para se trabalhar
Jovem Aprendiz Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJNovember 2, 2017
Trabalhei na Aspen por apenas 1 ano, e nesse tempo posso dizer que foi uma oportunidade de ouro. Levarei esse aprendizado eternamente.
Pros
Premiações, festividades
productive
In process control tester (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern CapeNovember 2, 2017
challanging daily
stock handling
data reading
product evaluation
decition making
no comment
free team , hardwork first fun enjoyable
deviating frm procedure (decition making)
being able to witness a product in its final stage of manufaturing
Pros
shut down leave
Cons
woking night duty
Sus Valores y Preceptos coinciden con mis principios como persona y como profesional
GERENTE DE DISTRITO DE VENTAS (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaOctober 27, 2017
Siempre enfrentando nuevos retos cada día, aprendí a ser resiliente ante las dificultades, la gerencia de puertas abiertas permite mejorar y desarrollar a los equipos de trabajo, la cultura laboral es de confianza y reconocimiento de los aportes positivos de cada colaborador, la parte más dificil fue lograr una comunicación efectiva entre diferentes unidades de negocio durante los tiempos difíciles, Lo que más me gustó fue la excelente comunicación que se logró con el Contry Manager de la Compañía.
Pros
Un clima laboral excelente y equilibrado
Cons
El plan de Seguro Médico era algo desfavorable