American University of Ras Al Khaimah Employee Reviews

Difficult clients (students)
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ras Al KhaimahMay 25, 2018
Students expect everything to be handed to them. Salary is always late. No fixed work-space is provided. Personal phone numbers are publicized resulting in invasions of privacy.
I am good in speaking flexi skill person
Transport maintenence i enjoy this job (Former Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahDecember 22, 2017
I am.saleem in good experencs in transport dept
In india we will face lots of maintenwnce problems like deivwrs demands strikes but all stivations i cn handle somtimes ill use to drive for the company. I never leave anything in case of emergency.
Typical day when rain start , i learn how can manage at the time of tension sitivation. Hardest part of job when when brake down or any incidents at night. Near to salery
Cons
As company requirment
Great facilities and work environment
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  RAKMay 9, 2017
Great company to work for. A good variety of options that suit my qualifications and experience: IELTS, Elementery-Intermediete groups, one to one. A good opportunity to keep gaining experience.
Weak university in blah setting
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Arts and SciencesFebruary 10, 2017
As a university, this place is a joke. Pretends to be research oriented, but at least in my field, they don't even understand what that entails.

Overall caliber of low level US community college.

RAK is a depressing community with little to offer, though housing in seaside developments enjoyable.

Students at AURAK are generally nice kids, but clueless as to what higher education is all about. Administration not much better, and at top levels, quite dictatorial.

Would not be surprised if the place was out of business within next three years.
Pros
Generally pleasant faculty colleagues. Fantastic winter weather.
Cons
Boring and backwards emirate, not a real university, ridiculous teaching loads. Hung up on getting accrediation from low level US accrediting body, Sacs-coc.
Pleasant
Communications and Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Ras Al Khaimah, UAEJanuary 31, 2017
Unable to provide comment on the workplace while I am currently an employee at the institution. Perhaps in future will be able to provide a greater insight.
AURAK remains a university in Paradise.
Professor and Director (Current Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahMay 8, 2016
Great place to work, and I only leave for I seek other places as a life long learner, though the President welcomes me back anytime I should like to return.
Pros
All.
Cons
None.
This university is a mess and jobs are unstable
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Ras al-KhaimahFebruary 4, 2016
This university has many many policies but never applied given procedures in their policies, very unmethodical. The president is very dictatorial and he even focuses on very micro-issues which should not be his role. Since he's very dictatorial so the provost becomes powerless and cannot perform his duties appropriately.
Faculty turnover ratio is very high, many come and leave in short periods, even 1 or 2 semesters. If you are unemployed or contract not renewed, then go for it to experience the hassle. If you are currently employed, then do not risk your career to make a change as you don't know what will happen tomorrow to you and your family.
(from ex employee)