Abu Dhabi University Employee Reviews

productive flexible good character
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  dubaiJune 7, 2019
I am very happy that I have this grace to work in the establishment. I have every strategy to work in pressure times. Thanks to the experienced I have to fit in the job search ,by the grace of God I will be more better than I am in the future if I am giving the chance to fit in at the first time.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
12 hours
 Worked with internal and external service providers, to achieve best value and excellent service for graduation ceremonies and events.
Freelance event coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 14, 2019
1-Managed key aspects of graduation ceremonies, including student and guest management, graduation lunches, printed materials, recruitment and management of casual staff and Honorary Graduates.
2-Developed a communication plan for graduation; ensuring correct information is circulated to colleagues, students, parents and external audiences in a timely manner.
Very bad experience
Mathematics Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 11, 2019
I signed a job offer, I was asked to cancel my visa in order to process my paper, the day my visa was cancelled, the job offer was withdrawn.

I have worked overseas for over 10 year and I have never seen unethical, unprofessional HR. Head of Department was no help.
providing very comfortable work environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 8, 2018
providing very comfortable work environment
good place to work in.
flexible working hours
academic environment
stability and secure work environment..
Productive and enlightening
Academic Tutor/ Course Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 21, 2018
Learned many important skills and the importance of a team player and leadership.
Taught first year students pre-calculus, calulus, chemistrt, physics.
Hospitable nd fun to work with
Security and safety officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 17, 2018
Co curricular activities like football,basket ball,movies after work for relaxation.The workers are sociable and fun working with and very helpful especially for new comers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Few breaks
Great work environment
Lecturer of Architecture & Interior Design (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 1, 2018
I enjoy everything about working here. It has a proper work-life balance and encourages you to explore the best way to execute your job.
Pros
time to prepare classes and invest in your development
Cons
The salary is good but the living cost in UAE is growing every year.
Promising University
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Al AinOctober 26, 2018
Abu Dhabi University has great potential to develop further than its development at the time being. However, the disorganized administration and some higher management team are jeopardizing that potency.
Cons
Lack of communication between the admin and the faculty
Management cares "only" on appearing in newspapers and magazines for public relation
Associate Professor College of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesSeptember 28, 2018
Curriculum is copied from US and European university. It doesn't fit in a Gulf conservative Culture. Curriculum looks impressive on paper and catered to appeal for accreditation purposes. The reality is something totally different. Faculty members have no voice or influence. No job security. Favoritism is everywhere.
Pros
Paid summer vacation
Cons
Managment and lack of job security.
Fun work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 15, 2018
It’s good and respectful place

Like it so much but it was far away from my home that time

The salary was good

The treat very good and comfortable

Thanks
Pros
Salary
It is ok
English and TESOL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Al-AynAugust 6, 2018
Ok place. Not that much organised. half professional. Friendly environment in general. You may have one or two spies for the dean. Al-Ain is nice to live in. You have your own office and computer system. So, you have privacy. But the problem is that you have many managers on your head: Dean of Al-Ain Branch, assistant dean, and the coordinator, and Dead of Abu Dhabi Branch,assistant dean and the head of the department. This is hectic and not organised. Make one mistake with any of these guys and they all gather like flies against you. Students are ok. They want to study. Their English level is average. But, like any private institution in the Gulf, money is important so students- clients- are important. Salaries range from 10-14 K Dirhams plus benefits.
Pros
Fun place, nice students, working hours
Cons
Management and spies.
A day at the admissions office
Admission Counselor & Assistant CRM Administrator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 24, 2018
-Critical to be on time to open the admissions office prior to any customer arriving in order to start preparation of any documentation & brochures / hanging advertisements that need to be posted prior to doors opening.
-I gained significant experience on how to work with a different array of customers; learnt alot of patience in ADU and working with other colleagues given this was my first actual job.
-Management was not the cream of the crop due to management change 3 times during my 2 year period there which left us with a feeling of instability and learning to adapt to the new managers style.
-Workplace culture was less diverse due to the requirement of bilingual Arabic speakers
- Hardest part of the job when trying to defuse an already escalated situation with a client that is stressed out and upset due to different expectations (actual vs percieved)
- Most enjoyable part of the job is that we were able to connect more with the young generation and the day literally ends once you punch out of the office.
Pros
Dealing with youth / Work life balance
Cons
Lack of advancement
not much work to be done except in times of tournaments
Student Affairs (sports) (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 13, 2018
1- a good work/ life balance.

2- very bad salaries especially for part time working students .

3- very poor management.

4- bad job culture with almost no communication.
Always striving to achieve excellence
Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 5, 2018
ADU maintains high level of professionalism among its employees. Everyone is given a chance to be heard. Suggestions for improvement from the employees are gathered systematically and the management ensures that these suggestions are being actioned upon.

University wide Policies and Procedures are in place and is updated regularly to ensure that current scenarios are considered.
Great working opportunity for on campus students
Course Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 25, 2018
I have learned to teach university students. Got new ideas of how to tackle the problems faced by different students. Learnt for my supervising faculty on the different tools of teaching.
Productive and fun workplace with nice activities
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Al-AynApril 19, 2018
It's my pleasure to talk about the first company which is helping me to develop my education, in this company I met a lot of people from a variety culture and nationality which Leading me to progress in the professional and educational fields. Also, my the most enjoyable part of the job is my work as a customer service.
it is a good experience
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 26, 2018
I learned how to manage my time and balance between my studying and my work with keeping a high performance in my study. Moreover, I learned about the job atmosphere and gain a good experience of communication with others during my work in the counter (serving students, staff, Faculty ...ect)
good experience
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 15, 2018
it was a very good and fun experience to have in the university.
i learned how to
-work with a team
-manage my time
-communicate with others professionally
-plan events
Campus far from the city
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  AENovember 7, 2017
Multicultural students are fun to teach but hard to grade papers especially composition classes. Students expect high grades for minimal expected outcomes.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Interesting diversity of students and faculty
Professional yet fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 25, 2017
Cashiering is a job which involves a lot more risk than you think. The constant support from the management and supervisors ensured us to do our job properly and efficiently. Friendliness in the management helped in enjoying the work and time after work.