Abu Dhabi Golf Club Employee Reviews

productive
Pavilion Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AEMay 30, 2017
working in this company is very enjoyable and a lot of fun, we started from 8 in the morning till 6 pm. Management is very supportive to the ideas of the staff. Most enjoyable part is I saw the best golfers in the world personally.
benefits
Cons
far away from family
Enjoying the Company
Senior Bartender (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, UAEMay 7, 2017
As per my experience in Abu Dhabi Golf Club, i can say it was a good environment, facilities, colleuges etc. I was working as a Senior Bartender for more than 3 years, and it was good to have an experience with the company..
productive and fun workplace
Storekeeper and helper mechanic (Current Employee) –  Abu dhabiApril 12, 2017
i'm working 8 hours a day and 2 days off a week. Free yearly ticket, food, transpo and accommodation. I learned a lot on mechanic and store keeping, i learn how to repair clubcar engine and different kind of small tools and machines in my workplace. Hardest part of my job is grinding reels, transferring petrol and diesel in the big tank, monthly inventory and arranging tools, fertilizers, irrigation tools and pipes. I enjoy working with my workmates and i enjoy arranging display of different kinds of stocks on my work place.
Pros
free all in my company, monthly service charge, yearly bonus and salary increase.
Cons
every yearly tournament overtime is like 9-10 hrs a day
Mixture of relax and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi u.a.eJanuary 28, 2017
I learned how to deal with all kinds of personalities, I experienced different culture firsthand.the hardest part of the job is when it's tournament time when there is a lot of people in the club.
Pros
Relax and fun
Cons
Away from my country
good company
grounds maintenance (Former Employee) –  abu dhabiJanuary 25, 2017
8 hours work a day
good management and a workplace
people are good and happy
people are good to be with and the managers excellent compliments for the staff.
Pros
free food from morning till night
Cons
N/c
Nice environment to work. All the staffs here are friendly and good
F&B Attendant (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 29, 2016
Working in this golf club was just starting of my career, where I have gain good experience and knowledge in Hospitality field. You have two benefits here, you earn as well as you have very good chance to play golf as well. I got very good chance to see and serve our celebrity who came for golf during championship.
Pros
Accommodation, meal, transportation are provided by company
work place is good for fun AND ENJOYMENT
GOLF OPERATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 12, 2016
overload at work.implementation of memorandum..i met good and bad co wrokers,,hardest to work under the sun..playing golf is the most part of the job
Pros
free food for 3 times
Cons
9 hours on duty including break
Exciting Place to Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZOctober 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi Golf Club is one of the busiest golf clubs in the Middle East with 27 holes of golf. A lot of demand is put on its management staff and working there is more suited to a single person than someone married with children. Nonetheless a rewarding place to work and great exposure to how to manage a big, busy, successful golf club.
I do love to work, but i don't really enjoy working under the sun.
Groundskeeper 2 (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZDecember 26, 2013
i learn different thing that i dont usually do

the management is good

it feels good to work with different kinds of people

the hardest part of the job is working under the sun

the most enjoyable part of the job is working with various kind of people, having more friends
Pros
free food, free accomodation, free transportation
Cons
hot outside the field
Customer Service
Guest Service Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZOctober 27, 2013
In ADGC you will learn how to handle the guests, how to taking care the guest membership and most of all the loyal guest. you will learn how to work under pressure, and how to complete the duty on time...
Pros
free accomodation, free food
Cons
sounds good,productive and enjoyable place of work
Golf Operationtion assistant (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZJune 16, 2013
its a simple and easy to work,,i learned a lot specially communicating between co-workers and the guest and members,the management is well excellent,and the hardest part that i have ever encountered is that many players coming especially when its fully book,you have to prepared well and organized everything...on the other hand i enjoy playing golf with my golf set of clubs.
Pros
HSBC Golf Championship
Productive and fun work place
Golf Desk/ Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 15, 2012
It is not busy at the club at weekdays, weekends is really busy. What ive learned is to become more confident, active on how to deal with the customers, guests and members in the golf club. I really love helping customers with their concerns and problems as long as i can solve the problem. Regarding sales also because we have lots of merchandise i really love having conversation with our customers having sales talk to them, on how you sell your product, its more challenging. Ive learned also the good etiquette in answering phone calls. The management is good also, but what I really expecting regarding to our manager is to be friendly to us, as a staff. Hes too serious, aloof and hard to approach. Regarding also to my co-workers i really love working with them. When i came there as my first day, they are helpful and supportive. The hardest part of our job there was the inventory at the end of the month. we always have an extension hours, too tired of counting all the merchandise. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bonding and the good company with my co-workers, we go to the driving range and hit some golf balls.
Pros
free accomodation, 3 meals and transportation
Cons
long hours during inventory at the end of the month