ABN AMRO Employee Reviews

Learning but fun was miisng
consultancy charges, hotel payments for staff (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 24, 2017
Typical day - Processing Invoices only

Learned - Payable Management

Management - They don't interact

Workplace culture - Decent

Hardest Part - Long working day

Most Enjoyable Part - Nothing specefic
Pros
Nice Location
Cons
Culture of late sittings
Good place to work for.
Service Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  DubaiOctober 4, 2017
Highly productive, and customer driven company.
Good work life balance. Management and co-workers work well with each other. Learnt a lot as management was willing to educate workers.
Host
Administrative Client Host (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 18, 2017
Good location and satisfactory environment. Worked briefly at the DIFC office. Good benefits and pay despite being a temp replacement. Had few responsibilities.
My first break
Relationship Officer - Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  DubaiAugust 27, 2017
I was lucky enough to get my first break in ABN AMRO. I started my work as a DSA. I was into Wealth Management Sales where I had to sell WM products which I was new to. I was given proper training and made me confident in selling banks products
Senior Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi Salam StreetAugust 18, 2017
ABN AMRO himself name is enough rather explaining it. managers were supportive and cooperative with employees and due to which this nature help organisation to grow more stronger and it also help to increase numbers in all aspects of fields like sales and collections.
good
Business Development Executive - Consumer Banking (Former Employee) –  DubaiJuly 8, 2017
its really pleasure to work in mnc & top banks.where thing is in professional way. environment is good. management is good .
how your days go you never know.
organization provide a enjoyable place to work and earn more
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  DubaiMarch 4, 2017
Here I understand the value of time and money the great time i spent in this organisation I got friendly and a good management who provide time to time guideline.
Abn amro bank
Business Development Executive, Consumer Banking (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 21, 2017
Retail Banking Selling Credit Card, Personal Loans, Opening Accounts.
Monitoring applications to ensure error free files processed.
Handle and Solve Suggestion and Complaints Submitted by Clients.
Credit Analyst - Credit due diligence and risk assessment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  DubaiDecember 2, 2016
1-Credit Underwriting of Credit Card Applications
2-Credit Due Diligence as per Credit Policies
3-Identification of fraudulent cases and their investigation in collaboration with the Fraud Control Department
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  DUBAI Academic CitySeptember 4, 2016
Was all about satisfying client financial needs .

Learnt to be patient .

Fun to be with co workers

Completing hours as per the system .

Nothing in particular

Every festival would be celebrated disregarding the fact which nationality one belonged to.
Good work atmosphere
Business Development Executive (Retail Banking) (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJuly 12, 2016
Nice place to work in. A bit of extra pressure present for meeting targets. overall a good place to grow in. unfortunately recession took its toll and it was taken over by a competitor bank.
Pros
weekend games
Cons
extra pressure
Sales in MNC
Business Development Executive - credit cards (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJuly 1, 2016
Not learnt much in ABN AMRO in regards to management but learnt direct sales culture.
Typical day starts and ends with cold calling / tele calling.
Working hard to achieve our incentives for the month.
Work Atmosphere was fun
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  AcademicCityOctober 17, 2015
management was very supportive.
All about how one manages targets.
Loads of politics. Target and sales oriented.
it was a learning experience
Pros
Cultural Activities were fun
Cons
Politics
friendly people
Credit officer (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUSeptember 8, 2015
Good working hours
normal management
I learned the introduction of credit
a lot for management changing
the hardest part is to visit the customer for verification in the summer.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal working hours
Intensive job with a dedicated team to achieve client satisfaction
Relationship Manager (Asst. VP); Corporate Banking (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUAugust 15, 2015
My job involves actively engaging with corporate clients on a daily basis in order to gain market updates, the client-specific business developments and/ or any financing requirements they may require.

In parallel to my daily interaction with clients, I also follow up with the various departments (Risk, Operations, Trade, Treasury etc.) to complete credit reviews, complete documentation, monitor complicated transactions etc.

The challenge with the job is dealing with our very complicated business model with our back office located in Hong Kong, Singapore and Amsterdam. The time difference to get the job done with tight timelines requested by the clients always make it a challenge. But we always ensure that the job is done!

A normal day is between 10-12 hours and is mainly because we are the fast growing regions which has resulted in a fast growth in the portfolio. We have been a team to cope with this growth and have been commended for our exceptional dedication, job ethic and support to grow the business.

Over the years, the bank has recognised my dedication and commitment by rewarding me financially (100% increase in salary since I joined) and also giving me the opportunity to work at the New York branch.

The only reason I am now considering a shift is because my wife has been offered an opportunity to move to Austin, TX within her existing organisattion. I am confident that, with my experience and banking knowledge, I would also be able to secure a job in the US.

It is also important to note that we are on an L1 visa.
Pros
Small well connected team, tremendous support from the Team leader/ Regional Head
Cons
Long hours, high stress levels
A New phase of life
collection executive (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUJanuary 5, 2015
1.First at work in Dubai , UAE altogether different people from different countries and tribes.
2. People from different religions and countries were very familiar and helping and I also moulded myself as per them.
3.Good and awesome always recognized my work.
4. First team leader was not good.
5. working on my allocation.
Pros
free accomodation, lunch and cab
Job activities
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  DubaiMay 14, 2014
started my career in banking with ABN AMRO Bank.it was nice feeling and also learnt a lot of things
Working with High profiled clients
Client Host/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUApril 14, 2014
Everyday at work has something new to learn. Setting up of rooms, following up emails which consist of Travel, Hotel, Couriers, etc.., welcoming meeting new clients, interacting with them, assisting in account opening, answering calls proactively, and so on.
With all this I have learnt to be multi tasked, patient and above all well experienced in my job. The management is supportive, but at times a little too disorganized. My co-workers are always ready to help. The hardest part of my job is when I am ideal at my desk having no work to do. And being busy is the most enjoyable part of the job.
productive and fun day with great team
Joined as a Customer Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUFebruary 21, 2014
Joined as a Customer Relationship Officer (2006) promoted as a Business Support Officer (2009) and last worked as Sales Supervisor (2010- 2012)
Pros
Incentives unlimited
Cons
Incentive criteria and credit policy
Direct Sales n Marketing
Credit Card Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  PakisanFebruary 21, 2014
 Explain to customers the different types of Loans and Credit options that are available as well as the terms of those services
 Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants, Credit histories, corporate financial statements and other financial information
 Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them with the help of seniors
 Review and update credit and loan files
 Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide Loan details
 Attend product training courses
Pros
Permanent
Cons
Full Time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABN AMRO. Our community is ready to answer.

ABN AMRO Reviews by Location