AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 111 reviews matching the search See all 3,759 reviews
Worked as Autocad Draughtsman
Senior Cad Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 23, 2018
I worked as Cad Draughts in Roads and Ifrastructure project with the
traffic study drawings also. It is more enjoyable to work as a team with sharing the knowledge each other.
Great people
Project Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiNovember 18, 2017
Ive gained knowledge and handle a lot of projects with AECOM. Handle big projects which is viewed as the pride of the United Arab Emirates. Overall a very good place to work in.
Job satisfaction
Head of the Department (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 21, 2017
It was fun working with AECOM
Learned many aspects of engineering & management
Worked on a global platform with engineers and colleagues from all over the world
Worked till retirement
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Defined project completion dates
Best workplace
Senior architectural revit draftsman (Current Employee) –  Abu dhabiOctober 20, 2017
Best place to work as a family.
Sharing talent and knowledge.
Free training and learning lessons to your carreer.
How to develop your goals and to achive.
Good experience for a fresh graduate
Trainee Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 14, 2017
I had to do help the senior engineer with preparing monthly reports. I had to do data entry. I also helped with scheduling, drawing, quantity take off, etc.
Multicultural, Employee oriented and Ergonomic work conditions.
Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 8, 2017
I joined AECOM as a young yet responsible HR coordinator for one of the most prestigious project teams at the time. I worked with colleagues from various backgrounds and nationalities. Diversity was indeed at its best at AECOM. I worked with four different managers during my tenure at AECOM who were very accommodating, resourceful for my developmental needs and true leaders. The work culture was truly positive and engaging. My work targets were always SMART! I learned many life skills, developed my personality and also was able to grow a great deal in terms of career. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with employees and being their first point of contact for HR queries. AECOM prepared me well for the leadership skills I needed in my future career.
Pros
Employee engagement activities, great colleagues
Multi diverse culture
Architectural Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 15, 2017
A popular company in the middle east with a multi culture employees. Value company policy and has high respect with each individuals skills and capabilities.
Effective
Office Administrator/Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiSeptember 14, 2017
My work experience with AECOM and department of transport made me more equipped and skilled when it comes to logistics and delivery of work on time. It has taught me to be more efficient and put more attention to details so that clients will be more satisfied.
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Long wait
Productive and a good place to work.
PROJECT SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  DubaiSeptember 8, 2017
Working at Aecom give me opportunity to grow and enhance my ability. Our managers are very helpful and very supportive in what we want to achieve. Aecom provides seminars to enhance our learning and knowledge.
Pros
flexible vacation leave
Cons
short break
One of the best companies in Middle East
Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 28, 2017
Involved with conceptual and detail-focused architectural
design and coordination thereof, managing technical issues
between internal employees and external consultants,
managing in-house design, and reviewing external consultant
input while maintaining a positive client relationship.
Excellent employer
(Associate Director Water and Wastewater) UAE (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiAugust 1, 2017
Good working environment, challenging and satisfying engineering practices.

I have learnt a lot in terms of tendering for consultancy services works with different clients, governmental and private sector including land developers.

I have learnt the AECOM management practices way and graduated from their own PM courses. They have good managers who were and still are running the company in UAE very successfully.

The hardest part was the even changing activities of AECOM acquiring lots of other companies as part of the growth plan. You need to be very flexible and understanding for the ever changing culture as part of change adjustments.

I enjoyed the end of year parties, the team that worked with me and their support was very enjoying and found it self esteem rewarding.
Excellent
HR and Documents Specialist (Current Employee) –  Afghanistan and UAEJuly 18, 2017
Great company ..!! I had good experience overall in my 5 Years if career. Good management and co workers . I worked in Dubai for a year and in Afghan remaining time this was the first company to work so longer..!!
AECOM is the best consultant globally
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJuly 14, 2017
AECOM is fantastic place to work especially noting that consulting jobs are short term ones,
typical day at work involves ensuring the deliverables are issued, clients calls on various issues are attended to, ensure the budget is not exceeded.
management reporting has to be done monthly basis using specialised software such as APIC or EPM.
Variation order process is an ongoing thing in some form on daily basis. keep an eye on regular follow ups.
hardest part of the job is the internal document control system which is extremely week and th current system has to be scrapped.
Pros
long career of 7 years, joined in 2010 as Assist PM and then promoted to PM 2012 and then Sr. PM in 2013
Cons
consultant jobs are usually short term till the project lasts, gives fear of job search and changes, document control system is inadequate
A very good professionally managed company
QA/QC/Material Engineer (Current Employee) –  DubaiJune 1, 2017
I have been working with AECOM sinch past 2.5 years and my experience here has been very good.The working culture is very professional with a very good management.
Gain Good Experience
Structural Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 11, 2017
Working with Aecom is good experience with design team developing confidence in your self
Learn Good Work Experience
Good Company to work
Work Pressure
Pros
Cons
More Working pressure
Excellant
Assistant Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AEApril 24, 2017
It was an excellent experience to work with AECOM, although it was a project based job and I had to leave the company because of limited contract. I would like to join AECOM again if I get an opportunity.
Pros
Best working environment
Cons
Nil
Great Company
Mobilization Coordinator, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Dubai, AEApril 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. I got to experience working with people from all over the world. The work atmosphere was great and I enjoyed my time there.
Demand
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AEApril 16, 2017
High demand of work and precision.
Learnt a lot about human interaction with co-workers.
Learnt a lot of technical work through supervision and shop drawings.
The hardest part of the job was long hours of hard physical and mental work.
Workplace Culture
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dubai, AEApril 7, 2017
Excellent workplace culture offering the freedom to express and excel.
The HR department strives to maintain a high level of transparency between all levels within the organisation.
To seek new horizon and a batter salary
Land Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 29, 2017
My current company is a worldwide company, According to my experience it is a best company for learning and increase skills, Now quistion is why I am looking around ? Answer is very simple to seek new horizon also for a batter salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K