Large corporation with corporate mentality good and bad. the local GCC head office is based in Abu Dhabi but the major decisions and direction come from USA which can cause slowing down of decision making process. The company is large and cannot take on a lot of interesting design projects especially architecture which is not the main company driver which is Engineering.
- A typical day at work would be busy.
- AECOM believed in moving ahead with the latest technology to excel from other companies, that is the reason during my time, we were obliged to learn and use Revit and Navisworks across all current and new projects. It is the edge that our clients feel superior to other clients who do not require such software.
- The management is very approachable and helpful.
- Our workplace culture has very effective team work ; coordination and collaboration are highly required ;
- the hardest part of the job is when we have to push ourselves to finish the job at a tight schedule ;
- the most enjoyable part of the job is when we accomplish our work and we move on to a new exciting project