AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

United Arab Emirates147 reviews
Productive, initiative, resourcefulness, readiness, focus, management are fine with highest standard, workplace are good with proper workplace and faciitiies
Pros
birthday cake
Cons
long hours, weekend work
Good company to work for staff is outstanding very smart personnel that works with this company hands down the President is an outstanding individual to hang out with..
Pros
free housing free food every 90 days leave and 1500 towards Air Fare
Cons
154. HRS every 2 weeks
In day to day work, you will learn a lot of things to different people especially if you where in a project with 100 plus staff.

But we are lucky on the project because they took good care of us.
- A typical day at work would be busy.
- AECOM believed in moving ahead with the latest technology to excel from other companies, that is the reason during my time, we were obliged to learn and use Revit and Navisworks across all current and new projects. It is the edge that our clients feel superior to other clients who do not require such software.

- The management is very approachable and helpful.

- Our workplace culture has very effective team work ; coordination and collaboration are highly required ;

- the hardest part of the job is when we have to push ourselves to finish the job at a tight schedule ;

- the most enjoyable part of the job is when we accomplish our work and we move on to a new exciting project
Two years of my career with AECOM that i wish to never happen again and would never recommend working with AECOM unless you know someone in the management or HR who can get you there on a good contract and keep you there.
Pros
Big Organization
Cons
Randomly managed.low salaries .tough.working.environment.unqualified employees.Wrong designs.
A good place to work and getting opportunity to new technologies at your day to day works. Getting opportunity to work in international iconic projects from world wide.
Challenging workplace to be with; offers a lot of trainings on career improvement. Management is responsive to employee’s wellbeing. Such a huge organization where an individual performance is hard to project for promotion, especially on those doing field works on project sites.
Great place to work, technical people, very good exposure for new engineers and highly rated projects and clients, learnt a lot.
Enjoyed the tough time with good Mangers who supported the team
I WILL SAY!!!
Job with AECOM is really a FUN workplace,taking care about responsibility is the value every one is take care and its why there is a family like atmosphere one can see in real what a team work.
Politics more than engineering. The engineers and technicians are only numbers to be disposed for balancing the profits at the end of the year.
For 3 years I never heard or seen my HR BP until they fired me
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AECOM?
Working with aecom is very good experience.
Nice working environmental and the first priority is safety. Engineers are very helpful in any issue on site.
1.one of the best company in consultant network, good policy , good benefit, salary is credited before salary date, i miss this company, because of project is completed .
NIce place to work and highly professional way of work, High quality of work, its a good place to develop your carear. The Aecom brand makes us proud.
Assigning a correct task to the correct person.
There are many opportunities to improve by taking internal courses.

Management is very cooperative and more functional.

Workplace culture is very good. No discrimination at all.
AECOM was best work environment I experienced with friendly and professional work mates. The management were very supportive and fair, I have worked for 4 years 2007-2011. I would be glad to work again for this company
All works are quality time consuming and to satisfy the client requirements.
The team works what we are doing are enjoyable effective to satisfy the management and client.
Working at AECOM made me excel in so many ways, and i've learned a lot of software like revit, microstation and now i am learning civil 3d. I also got exposure to work not only in dry utilities but most of the time, i assist in doing some other services like wet networks, road and bridges and building project.
Excellent work place and office, supervisors and managers are friendly and helpful. Top management knows what their doing.
As an junior level employee, I am surrounded by BIM experts and Engineers that motivates me and assist me in some difficulties. Two thumbs up company.
I loved workplace culture, I respected my management direction and I learned too much such as:
1- How to share team work to achieved target on time.

2- Respect my work time.

3- completly share my team duties.

and the most enjoyable part of the job is AECOM concept.. I loved it really
AECOM very big international company
But there is problem in HR departments

They didn't know the law and how to deal with Visa transfere from another company to AECOM due to their staff not Arabic people and they are not involved with Arabic countries, passports ,status of transfere Visa.

AECOM Should hiring Arabic people in hr departmentsinHR
I had the privilege to work with some fantastic and talented individuals in culturally diverse environments in AECOM.

I have gained extensive experience working on various large scale projects. My job responsibilities included preparing scale drawings, layouts, longitudinal cross sections, formwork and reinforcement details, pier and foundation details, superstructure and culverts details. In addition, I have worked on a number of buildings projects in which I prepared drawings for marina substations, MMR room, pump station, service building, security building etc...