Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can help make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills; co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experiences for growth and promotion. Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you discover Marriott.
A great opportunity to join the Courtyard by Marriott team, An award winning International Hotel 2007. You will be given the chance to experience the joy of being part of the Marriott family and also experience the Spirit to Serve not just with our Guest, with the Associates but as well as with the Community.
The experience, skills and knowledge and education/certification components of the Candidate Profile should be presented as preferences rather than requirements unless an individual would not be hired for the position without these. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for years of experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience within Training in Operational Departments
Education or Certification
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good problem solving skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Effective change management skills
- Good knowledge of legal issue pertaining to hotels and related labour law
- Previous user of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Highly organized and efficient approach required
- Ability to manage varying needs and prioritizing to ensure best business results
- Effective Performance Management skills
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Effective conflict management skills
- Knowledge of governmental regulations relating to Health and Safety
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with associates, customers and vendors
- Assist with the development of internal talent
- High School completion or equivalent required; preferably around administration and secretarial qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development student (or similar) certification preferred or a willingness to study
Dependent on local situations, tasks listed below are typical as performed by Marriott training managers
v Oversee the implementation of “In the Beginning” orientation program.
v Take responsibility for the implementation of corporate or regionally-sponsored programs, such as Essential Skills, Get on Board, Savvy Service, Loyalty Basics, etc.
v Support the implementation of Passports to Success, the property-led operations training and certification program.
v Attend department meetings, training classes and 15-minute basics trainings to observe, give and ask for feedback, and/or assist in clarifying information.
v Coordinate trainee and graduate programs from colleges and universities.
v Assist departments in facilitating meetings, researching training materials, etc.
v Be a resource for training materials.
v Coordinate management training programs from corporate, regional or outside resources.
Human Resources – Department focus
- Expenditure is planned with the DHR; monitored and controlled within budget, where necessary when large expenditure is required, authorisation of the Director of Human Resources is sought.
- Productivity improvements are suggested and agreed ideas implemented
- Business performance targets are met in conjunction with the whole Human Resources Team
- Procedures for the effective use of all resources are followed, thus ensuring cost efficiency
- Input and support is given to the DHR in the formulation of the Human Resources plan
- Human Resources Strategy is understood and implemented and where appropriate communicate to others within the hotel.
Fully furnished free single accommodation will be provided in a safe building and all Utility bills are taken care by Courtyard by Marriott Dubai.
- Paid flight ticket to home destination every 24 months
- Net salary, payment in local currency/service charge of Dirhams
- Entitled to local Incentive Plan
- Private Medical and Life Insurance
- Relocation Air fare and visa cost provided.
- 3 free meals per day provided in the Associates Restaurant.
- Free Transportation between the housing and the hotel.
- Free Transportation to Main Shopping Centre and Dubai City Centre.
- 20% discount on Food and Beverage in various Marriott hotels in Dubai for private use.
- 50% discount on Food & Beverage in courtyard by Marriott in Dubai.
- Special Discount in various shops in Dubai.
- International working environment, working in a dynamic team with a great work atmosphere.
- Excellent Reward and Recognition programmes in place
- Excellent Career progression opportunities.
Marriott - 2 years ago