We are currently looking for a Materials & Corrosion Engineer, to potentially work on a large project based in Basrah. The assignment will be based in Dubai with regular travel to Basrah, Iraq.
Be a proactive HSE leader and role model. Interact with contractor senior/site management to set clear HSE expectations and manage performance. Drive Goal Zero throughout the Project scope and duration.
1) Participate in Contractors Tool Box talks etc
2) Participate in creating a target driven culture within the construction organization to meet the project cost/schedule/quality targets
3) Support the Construction Manager to ensure positive external relations with government local communities and local labour to support the project and BGC reputation and business objectives
4) Maintain excellent communication and working relationships with the existing plants Asset Manager to validate asset requirements and expectations are being fulfilled
5) Participate/ Lead Flawless Initiative through the Construction phase
6) May act as a leader and/or supervisor of the technical group of BGC local staff
7) Primary contact between Materials and Corrosion engineering, procurement and construction
8) Coordinate the Owners discipline support required on site
9) Participate / Contribute to Weekly contractor meetings
10) Contribute to prioritizing site work
11) Ensuring adequate QA/QC supervision on site and ensure RFI procedures are followed