Senior Materials Engineer (Job Number:
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) has an opportunity for a Senior Materials Engineer to provide international consulting services for planning, managing and implementing a major Corrosion Prevention and Control (CPC) Program. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join and work with a world class team of interdisciplinary professionals. The work will be performed in the Persian/Arabian Gulf Region.
SAIC will be implementing an overseas CPC Program Office to provide oversight and management for a major Middle Eastern country. The CPC Program will span a wide variety of work areas including (not limited to) weapon system corrosion prevention, training, project control, analyses, engineering issues, and maintenance.
The successful Senior Materials Engineer will recommend material solutions and Courses of Action regarding CPC and Life Cycle Management; attend and participate in CPC Action Teams, meetings and conferences; develop, propose, and brief project plans; and analyze technical and engineering issues associated with multiple weapon systems and other related CPC activities in the maintenance domain. The Senior Material Engineer will understand the material requirements for sustainment of weapon systems and other equipment in the conduct of desert operations and over-water environments. Additional tasks are develop, prepare and present reports; provide materials related support in the general areas of installation and maintenance of equipment and safety.
- BS Degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline (15 years relevant experience) and Microsoft MS Office Suite, to include MS Project
- Proven expertise coordinating project/program technical requirements; risk management; accurate and timely preparation of deliverables, progress reports and project milestones.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Driven and motivated to achieve results and customer satisfaction
- Able to work in the region for two to four years.
- Able to obtain a driver’s license in the designated area
- Able to work a Saturday through Wednesday work week.
- English/Arabic fluency is a plus
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Jul 24, 2012, 11:01:43 AM
United Arab Emirates-AZ-ABU DHABI
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking:
Yes, 100% of the time
- 9 months ago