Chalhoub Group Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Purchase Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dubai28 October 2016
The one company I would always want to be associated with is Chalhoub Group. It gives all that an employee can dream of. Just love this company.

Wish I could be a part of it again if they would consider my profile.
The best work place
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi16 October 2016
As a company , only good things to say about it. Very progressive and productive workplace, lovely management and co-workers as well, a day at work it was always a pleasure. A very good experience and many good things learned.
productive and multicultural environment
Group Recruitment & HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dubai14 June 2016
- Conduct Hiring Need Discussion with the hiring manager
- Raise a job opening online
- Search & screen candidates using multiple tools: Corporate website, LinkedIn, job boards, networking, etc.
- Coordinate with recruitment agencies regarding critical roles
- Conduct first screening interview with potential candidates
- Advice hiring manager on which candidates to progress to the next stage
- Evaluate psychometric tests
- Update candidates of their application status
- Timely update the system based on the hiring progress
- Prepare weekly hiring reports
- Take part in career fairs and promote vacant roles
Pros
Facilities (Pool Table, Lounges, Cafeteria)
Cons
Jebel Ali zone area
Excellent organization to work
U.A.E. Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dubai31 May 2016
Excellent organization to work as a huge organization have the opportunity to grow.

Real Emirates LLC is a Shared Services provider for the Chalhoub Group, offering integrated value-added services in the domains of finance and accounting, logistics, real estate, visual merchandising, administration, HR, IT etc. Chalhoub group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955, specializing in the luxury Retail and Distribution of renowned brands within the sectors of Beauty, Fashion, and Gifts. Currently, the Group has more than 125 companies, with over 12,000 employeesfrom more than a hundred nationalities, and operates in 14 countries with over 650 luxury retail stores.
Challenging work environment with a very poor management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Dubai Design District2 March 2016
I am really disappointed now. I had regrets in signing the offer letter that day I joined. I should've known better. If only I have a choice to resign and look for a better job, I would. But I have family to be fed as well and it's really a hard time now to look for a job since most of the companies in Dubai is in recession. I work for Real Emirates. I don't have any issues with the job as I am very flexible and hardworking. Working in a big company with a pool of talented people and diverse environment is a privilege. I was able to develop my communication, customer service and critical thinking skills. The issue is that, the management don't know how to handle people properly. They don't care about us. It feels so bad being asked to do extra hours without being paid your overtime. We even have our lunch breaks late. It feels bad being scolded and yelled at infront of many people, blamed for things you did not do. Being not appreciated even if you did all your best. Sees the negative in everything. Like, where is the sense of professionalism and respect here?
We are paid well and on time. We don't have issues with that. If the management continues to be tough, THEY WILL LOSE THEIR PEOPLE. The people are already losing their motivation and trust on the company.
Pros
Perks and discounts on the shops
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT, being asked to do extra hours without being paid, stressful working environment.
Challenging job to manage the Payroll Department
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DU7 November 2015
Working with Chalhoub Group . I have managed to do the multi tasking job . Was managing the payroll of 30 companies across the middle east region.
PRODUCTIVE AND ENJOYED WORKING HOURS WITHOUT STRESS
CASH & CHEQUE COLLECTION (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DU6 November 2015
GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
BENIFITS FOR ALL EMPLOYEE.
GOOD MANAGEMENT.
HELPFUL AND SUPPORTIVE COLLEAGUES .
FREE TO CONTACT MANAGER AT ANY TIME
Store Manager - CELINE Galleria Mall (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZ3 October 2015
Very safe work place, excellent back office support, a lot of training about customer service, perfect place to create your career path.
Pros
Free trainings
Cons
They do not approve personal loans above 40000 Aed
still collecting knowledge regarding luxury brands
store keeper (Current Employee) –  Jabel Ali, free zone17 September 2015
I am working in chalhoub group real fze. as a store keeper. My work place is warehouse where various luxury brads product such as fashion, cosmetics, perfumery, accessories and others.
Pros
children school fee
Cons
long duty hour and shifting
it was an enjobale place to work at and with
Area Manager H&B (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZ19 August 2015
I have learned and developed extra skills in management and leding people as I used to do many tasks from training new teams and developing the senior teams to achieve company standards and high end service where achievement was my goal and did reached it ,with less customer footfall due to the opening of Yas mall target was achieved ,it was fun dealing with my team in daily basis learning new cultures and how to overcome the new challenges ,but we do have our own quarrels and they appear suddenly specially when a problem occur and need to solve right away but at the end all solved and all satisfied.
Pros
love it when we have new launch and start giving away gifts
Cons
long hours are killers and tiring but when you love your job its worth it
Dynamic, fast pace and fun environment to work in.
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Dubai, United Arab Emirates29 July 2015
A very dynamic, fast pace and fun environment to work in. Allows room for so much growth and self development with many great opportunities. Company has an open door policy and has a friendly/family spirit.
UAE - Administrative Assistance (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi27 July 2015
Its Fun, exciting, and a very professional work environment. My co-works and management are amazing.
Great team work and outstanding outputs.
professional yet friendly envoirnment
HR Admin Executive-Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali27 June 2015
Learned to work independently with excellent organizational and management skills.
Chalhoub Group has a professional yet friendly environment.
Human Resources Department being the personnel service provider department, had an open door policy yet all the information related to company and employee remained confidential and intact.
My job had lot of responsibilities as I used to handle passports for visa applications,salary details of the employees and management documentations and company legal documentation such as trade license copies, authorised signatory card copies, establishment card copies etc.
Maintaining the employee relations was the part I used to enjoy the most.Have proven a track record of management and employee satisfaction.
Pros
Staff sale and discounts
Cons
My strength lies in my attention to details, people management, hardworking nature, sincerity and the willingness to always succeed within my environm
Boutique Manager, Flagship store, The Dubai Mall (Current Employee) –  Dubai17 June 2015
I possess the required skills and experience of over 11 years in sales administration and revenue enhancement. I have gained my skills and attributes with highly established department store, SAKS FIFTH AVENUE in Dubai where I started as a senior sales executive in 2004 and then as Boutique Manager at Dolce & Gabbana flagship store at The Dubai Mall. I have been fortunate to gain valuable experience in the Middle East, working for one of the best Luxury Fashion company Chalhoub Group for more than 11 years.

My attributes & experience has helped me to achieve optimum sales and profitability of my areas in exceeding company targets through outstanding leadership & training, resulting in achievements of world class customer service, retail standards and team performance, with excellent communication and coordination skills,
BEAUTY ADVISOR
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  sharjah and ajman5 May 2015
Had to go all mall shop and having relationship with the staff and manger of the shop.
learn the Retail sales and how to mange with the customer.
making order in each outlet and stocking taking in each outlet.
Management was excellent and enjoy working with them.
benefit is with this company was excellent.
Co- worker was good.
Hardest part of the job I never had because with all I was good, so never face it.
Most enjoyable part of the job was I was having full support from the manger and supervisor.
Pros
sometime when the training is there
Cons
sometime
Good working enviroment
Commercial Supervisor - Allied Enterprises (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAE5 May 2015
Good experience and a lot of learning potential from well established business people. Lots of benefits and work recognition.
Good place.
Sales & Administration Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dubai10 March 2015
Good place and its give importance to family life and feeling of attachment to the group.
Committed to environment and social responsibilities.
About my job in General
Senior Sales & After Sales Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DU14 February 2015
Typical day at work starts with overall store checking, housekeeping and stock replenishment.
For my last 2 and half years i learned a lot in retail business, starting with stock-replenishment, IN and OUT transfers, and finishing with monthly commision forms and commercial briefs.
Management is quite helpful and supportive but not in all the aspects.
The hardest part of my job is to deal with lack of staff when you need to stay alone in the store for 4-5 hours without taking break, washroom break but preparing all the necessary all alone.
The most enjoyable part of my job for me is after sales part where i do follow up issues on the repairs, take notes, inform customers, deal with urgent issues, customers' dissatisfactions.
good place at work
Beauty Advisor (BOURJOIS) (Current Employee) –  dubai19 January 2015
Ive learned a lot of things.i enjoyed working in the team.my day working is chalgroup is enjoyed and i can handle under pressure
Good experience work with different people
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  UAE Dubai29 December 2014
Customer service and greeting. Most important to listen needs of customers. For each people must find out way how to assist because we are all different. To motivate my self to reach my targets. To get more experience. I was enjoining promotion time. It was good experience how to attract a customer for our product. Enjoying of competition with others sales. Hard time when there is no customers but still in this time trying to make my self busy.
Pros
Team work, competition, good management, experience.

4.2