ADCO Employee Reviews

Good
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 21, 2017
Good Company, with good benefits and great work culture. Management is supportive and training is provided on annual basis. Salary is very good and benefits are great.
it was a good experience
Fujairah clinice nurse (Former Employee) –  FujairahJune 18, 2017
i got new experience ,special in drills how to deal with emergency cases and how to be very fast an to be always ready for any situation,and i learnt to to deal with H2S gas in emergency
looking for challenge
data capture technichain (Current Employee) –  data capture technichianJune 12, 2017
i am able to work any tasks which is given to me beside i am a good learner in less time, looking for more hard and challenge work to do, co-operate with everyone and ready to help
Excellent place to work
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 21, 2017
Excellent work environment and very well established company to work. Employee satisfaction is their first motto and always work for employee welfare.
Good place to work until the massive lay-offs across the board.
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiApril 19, 2017
ADCO completely changed course and unloaded a very large number (perhaps a majority) of experienced staff to replace them with foreign shareholders own staff - with the attendant consequences down the road. The impact on the laid-off staff could not be more clear - devastating.
Pros
There is no free lunch as everyone should know.
Cons
No loyalty to employees.
work and work
Petroleum Engineer "well integrity" (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 25, 2017
complete your task in proper time, handle most of required tasks, train new employees, do not ask for the annual rate
friendly employees environment
Good working atmosphere
Sr Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 20, 2017
Good company to work with but career progress is slow for expats.The work life balance is good. The higher management is good. May have to work with less support
Adco
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 11, 2017
Good company but due to the oil price scenarios some policy have been changed without discussing with the employees.
The environment is not the same as some years ago.
Good culture, company management and team is great.
Process Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiJanuary 31, 2017
Appreciate the challenges at Adco. Adco has created lots of development opportunities for me. I have had a very good experience with national companies.
Pros
Security
Cons
Na
Happy
Technician (Prod OPS Data) (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiDecember 19, 2016
Happy in ADCO but willing for something more challenging, thought it's comfortable and handling tasks is so easy, all my collages are like one family and ready to help each other
Pros
Food is available
Cons
Working hours are flexible
organized procedures and policy
Contract executive (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 26, 2016
working with ADCO equipment me with full knowledge of Oil and Gas project procedures and policy related to project management.
I dealt with project management team and it was really full of experience for me to cooperate with such strong team achieving the company target in due time and cost effective.
excellent work place to work
operations engineer (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiOctober 14, 2016
adco is an excellent company and save environment for works thet are offering excellent medical care and education allowance.my co-workers has acceptable experience.
good platform to learn and build carrer
Main Contractor (Current Employee) –  buhasaSeptember 16, 2016
Day work is scheduled on daily basis and regularly with internal team.
Team work is a gret success while working with such a giant client.
I learned that Daily work done is to be monitored and properly reocrded for all future purpose. I also learned that Never hide your mistakes and always ready for healthy discussion.
Management is very care taking and supportive for all staff
All the coworkeres are always ready to help and support for any point of time.
The hardest part of the job is to work outside under sun during hot summer and properly maintain safety requirement as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with out ant stress and tention.
Pros
Free Lunch, dinner and party at all the festivals
Cons
Some time late hour working
work is good and fun
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 14, 2016
I had good experience working in many departments such as IT operations finance also I worked as a volunteer with HSE I participate in well fares as a catering coordinator
Pros
nothing
Cons
so long
Very professional environment. Good opportunity to learn and grow. Plenty of training opportunity.
Senior Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 1, 2016
Job starts from 7:30a and ends at 3:30p.
Works with very professional IT colleague on technical specification for submission in Maximo.
Works with IT Team for technical evaluation of proposals.
Reports directly to VP(CIT).
Liaise with end-users, IT management, SCMD, Store Team, suppliers, and manufacturers.

I enjoy training and coaching UAE nationals. They are both challenging and satisfying.
Pros
Good facilities.
Cons
Progression is slow for expats. Job security.
Governmental
IT Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, UAEMay 24, 2016
A typical work day at work: 8 hours - Time based (rather than productivity based);
Learning: Learned many things personally - 10 additional certifications
Management: Functionally hierarchical; non-projectized teams for projects; Cost Center;
Co-workers: Cooperative
Hardest part of the job: Change Management - Institutionalization; ideas and agreements changes in next second - moving / changing targets
Most enjoyable part: Training / Coaching and Learning
N/a
Contracts / Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 22, 2016
ADCO is one of the most company treat their employees as family.
ADCO has a very clear vision, mission and objectives which assist employees where they stand and how to move forward.
Disappointing experience given the amount of overtime I gave ADCO, team leader was the worst I've ever known.
Senior reservoir engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 21, 2016
Disorganized team leader, left aspects of engineering in a shambles, no evidence of proper QAQC, inappropriate programs sent to the field and no consistent interpretation of well tests from engineers.

Work that should have been planned and completed last year left for year end so there was even less time than expected to complete a report write-up because other projects took priority- hence unpaid evenings and weekends. Being diligent I always said, but I wonder why I bothered given the way the Team Leader speaks to you.

I worked all hours (evenings & weekends) to completing a large report when others where not even completing a full day's work. Commitment from many was non- existent until very last minute, but if work not finished I had to complete it for the report. Management seemingly unable to control staff to ensure equality on work hours, but expat expected to pick up the pieces. If you're paid well it does not matter, but Team Leader doesn't care what hours you've done or how tired you are and will be rude, and will nag you like a madman even though the problem is other people failing to commit to the work.

Team leader wanting to sign-off on an important report even though no one in management has yet read through it!!

Narrow job description compared to jobs I have had in the past.
Pros
Waiting service for lunch as long as trolley not empty
Cons
Rude team leader, disorganized, treated unfairly
A great place to work and live
Solution Introduction Analyst UI / UX Analyst (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 21, 2016
Since its being 4 years working in ADCO, its always fun, secure, and learning. Working with most of Professional across the globe i had learned and experienced new domains of work ethics like oil and gas, Health Safety and Environment, enhancing my leadership qualities etc.
Productive work space
Reservoir Monitoring
Well Design
Nodal Analysis
Artificial Lift , Gas Lift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADCO. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval