ADCO Employee Reviews in United Arab Emirates

work is good and fun
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiJune 14, 2016
I had good experience working in many departments such as IT operations finance also I worked as a volunteer with HSE I participate in well fares as a catering coordinator
Pros
nothing
Cons
so long
Governmental
IT Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, UAEMay 24, 2016
A typical work day at work: 8 hours - Time based (rather than productivity based);
Learning: Learned many things personally - 10 additional certifications
Management: Functionally hierarchical; non-projectized teams for projects; Cost Center;
Co-workers: Cooperative
Hardest part of the job: Change Management - Institutionalization; ideas and agreements changes in next second - moving / changing targets
Most enjoyable part: Training / Coaching and Learning
N/a
Contracts / Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 22, 2016
ADCO is one of the most company treat their employees as family.
ADCO has a very clear vision, mission and objectives which assist employees where they stand and how to move forward.
Disappointing experience given the amount of overtime I gave ADCO, team leader was the worst I've ever known.
Senior reservoir engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 21, 2016
Disorganized team leader, left aspects of engineering in a shambles, no evidence of proper QAQC, inappropriate programs sent to the field and no consistent interpretation of well tests from engineers.

Work that should have been planned and completed last year left for year end so there was even less time than expected to complete a report write-up because other projects took priority- hence unpaid evenings and weekends. Being diligent I always said, but I wonder why I bothered given the way the Team Leader speaks to you.

I worked all hours (evenings & weekends) to completing a large report when others where not even completing a full day's work. Commitment from many was non- existent until very last minute, but if work not finished I had to complete it for the report. Management seemingly unable to control staff to ensure equality on work hours, but expat expected to pick up the pieces. If you're paid well it does not matter, but Team Leader doesn't care what hours you've done or how tired you are and will be rude, and will nag you like a madman even though the problem is other people failing to commit to the work.

Team leader wanting to sign-off on an important report even though no one in management has yet read through it!!

Narrow job description compared to jobs I have had in the past.
Pros
Waiting service for lunch as long as trolley not empty
Cons
Rude team leader, disorganized, treated unfairly
A great place to work and live
Solution Introduction Analyst UI / UX Analyst (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 21, 2016
Since its being 4 years working in ADCO, its always fun, secure, and learning. Working with most of Professional across the globe i had learned and experienced new domains of work ethics like oil and gas, Health Safety and Environment, enhancing my leadership qualities etc.
Productive work space
Nodal Analysis
Artificial Lift , Gas Lift
Excellent & Friendly work environment among the entire team
Sr. Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 10, 2016
I feel so comfortable. The best health & safety services are first motive of my project management.
Unity of team is so positive, even the place locality and town environment is so hard & irritating.
Committee of welfare is very good.
Big Production, Slowly trying to evolve, Lately going into complexer reservoir, Good Experience, Mature Organization, Slow to Adapt Change
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMay 3, 2016
ADCO is a goood company. The company is able to produce effectively complex reservoir system. The reservoir I work with are smaller (5 reservoirs; each of them<100 MMSTB) and thin reservir and spread across onshore and offshore, and it has significant diagenesis. But the adaptibility to change is very slow. Though my asset is most advance in ADCO, still takes its own course.
Overall good company.
Pros
Complex reservoirs; Good subsurface team, Big size, Deals in high volume
Cons
Slow to adapt change
Experience
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiApril 22, 2016
good work atmosphere and ample opportunities to gain rich work experience ,,,, also good salary and compensations and with other benefits and better work culture
Pros
good culture
Cons
Job insecurity
Heavy loading/unloading operation
Logistics Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 13, 2016
Organize activities smoothly, ensure all deliveries departed on time, learned how to expand my communications to create excellent relations. Followed accurately management instructions targets and goals. maintain excellent relations with workers. it was too hard to stand supervising loading and unloading under high tempreture with high humaidity. the most enjoyable part was when the delivery arrives on time and avoided rigs shut down which makes everybody happy and saved a lot of money. being thanked and appreciated from top management.
Working with ADCO was great for a young career like mine, but things will get unproductive and not a lot of incentives to grow
Maintenance Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu DhabiMarch 11, 2016
ADCO is a really good company with high standards and performance specially when it comes to HSE (Health, Safety and Environment). But working for ADCO as an expatriate will not give you the opportunity to grow unfortunately. But I learned a lot working for the company and appreciate the trust and confident they showed in me and my work.
Very Good Work Atmosphere & supportive
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Abu DhabiFebruary 13, 2016
It is my pleasure to work in this company. Very supportive & encouraging. work atmosphere is good and management is good.
Pros
Free Accommodation & food
Comfortable workplace and friendly employees
Electrical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working in ADCO. I gained different experience related to electrical engineering. I had the chance to understand the different sectors in the company and the role of the different employees.
Verbal communication, Ability to receive downward communication, Ability to follow instructions, learning to learn, Planning and organizing.
SHE SUPER VISOR (Former Employee) –  ASABOctober 22, 2015
Environment Protection from different kinds of pollution, noise, heat, stress, oil/chemical spills, wastes.etc.
Fire detection, protection, firefighting pre fire planning. Permit to Work and Risk assessment. Rigging and slinging
Take part in periodic HSE audits and inspections to identify areas for improvements to rectify all unsafe actions and maintenance carried out on fire detection protection systems equipment and Gas detection System.
Carry out fire and gas leaks drills with different scenarios and evaluate performance of emergency response team.Condut practical training to Emergency response team.
Carrying out near miss accident investigation using comprehensive list of causes system to identity their root causes and prevent their reoccurrence.
Carry out pre job safety meeting prior starting and drilling activities
Pros
FULL TIME
Cons
12 HRS
Productive and laering Level Candidate find Good Place
Sr. E & I Technician (Current Employee) –  Abu dhabiOctober 18, 2015
ADCO is a good place to work, with many challenges, and many departments that may be slow to change.

I left for a more challenging and exciting career.
Pros
Family Atmosphere in the office
Cons
a bit boring.
i have learned new skills...
land Surveyor (Former Employee) –  al_ainAugust 25, 2015
i m good at my work but salary and benefits are not good in this company....and a hard worker want to improve his skills and job that's why i want this job.
VERY GOOD CONCERN TO WORK WITH ADCO.
LEAD PIPING DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  ABUDHABIAugust 11, 2015
TEAM WORK WOULD BE THE BEST POSSIBLE COMMENT TO INSIST ON ADCO AS THEY DO.COMFORTABLE ORGANISATION TO WORK WITH.
DEALING WITH SUB-CONTRACTORS AND VENDORS/SUPPLIERS IS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE AT ADCO.
TIME MANAGEMENT AND SUBSEQUENT DELIVERABLES SCHEDULE ADHERENCE WITH QUALITY DELIVERALES IS THE STRENGTH OF ADCO.
Bahrian was nice place to work
MAIN CONTRACTOR-CCC&TECHNICAS RE UNIDAS (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZMay 24, 2015
worked as structural engineer with direct manpower.It was my first hard experience in oil and gas field,But i learned lot as this was my first oil and gas experience
Pros
food, accomodation by company
Cons
10 hours
nil
Technical Assistant and messenger (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZMay 3, 2015
Day to day jobs and preparing memos , filing , sorting mails etc..
using of different printers faxes and ms office software. All staff's are supportive and friendly.
ADCO Experience
English Language Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZMarch 31, 2015
Salary and benefits are very excellent The company knows how to look after its staff financially. There is also an emphasis on having a balance between work and a life. The downside is unqualified and inexperienced people in managerial positions. Also the, poor attendance and work ethic of colleagues can be frustrating. This is not a company to work for if you would like to work in a professional working environment.
Pros
Salary package
Cons
Work/company culture

4.2