ADCO Employee Reviews

good platform to learn and build carrer
Main Contractor (Current Employee) –  buhasa16 September 2016
Day work is scheduled on daily basis and regularly with internal team.
Team work is a gret success while working with such a giant client.
I learned that Daily work done is to be monitored and properly reocrded for all future purpose. I also learned that Never hide your mistakes and always ready for healthy discussion.
Management is very care taking and supportive for all staff
All the coworkeres are always ready to help and support for any point of time.
The hardest part of the job is to work outside under sun during hot summer and properly maintain safety requirement as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with out ant stress and tention.
Pros
Free Lunch, dinner and party at all the festivals
Cons
Some time late hour working
Very professional environment. Good opportunity to learn and grow. Plenty of training opportunity.
Senior Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi1 June 2016
Job starts from 7:30a and ends at 3:30p.
Works with very professional IT colleague on technical specification for submission in Maximo.
Works with IT Team for technical evaluation of proposals.
Reports directly to VP(CIT).
Liaise with end-users, IT management, SCMD, Store Team, suppliers, and manufacturers.

I enjoy training and coaching UAE nationals. They are both challenging and satisfying.
Pros
Good facilities.
Cons
Progression is slow for expats. Job security.
organized procedures and policy
Contract executive (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi26 October 2016
working with ADCO equipment me with full knowledge of Oil and Gas project procedures and policy related to project management.
I dealt with project management team and it was really full of experience for me to cooperate with such strong team achieving the company target in due time and cost effective.
Good culture, company management and team is great.
Process Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi31 January 2017
Appreciate the challenges at Adco. Adco has created lots of development opportunities for me. I have had a very good experience with national companies.
Pros
Security
Cons
Na
Happy
Technician (Prod OPS Data) (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi19 December 2016
Happy in ADCO but willing for something more challenging, thought it's comfortable and handling tasks is so easy, all my collages are like one family and ready to help each other
Pros
Food is available
Cons
Working hours are flexible
Governmental
IT Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, UAE24 May 2016
A typical work day at work: 8 hours - Time based (rather than productivity based);
Learning: Learned many things personally - 10 additional certifications
Management: Functionally hierarchical; non-projectized teams for projects; Cost Center;
Co-workers: Cooperative
Hardest part of the job: Change Management - Institutionalization; ideas and agreements changes in next second - moving / changing targets
Most enjoyable part: Training / Coaching and Learning
Experience
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi22 April 2016
good work atmosphere and ample opportunities to gain rich work experience ,,,, also good salary and compensations and with other benefits and better work culture
Pros
good culture
Cons
Job insecurity
Adco
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi11 February 2017
Good company but due to the oil price scenarios some policy have been changed without discussing with the employees.
The environment is not the same as some years ago.
work and work
Petroleum Engineer "well integrity" (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi25 March 2017
complete your task in proper time, handle most of required tasks, train new employees, do not ask for the annual rate
friendly employees environment
excellent work place to work
operations engineer (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi14 October 2016
adco is an excellent company and save environment for works thet are offering excellent medical care and education allowance.my co-workers has acceptable experience.
Heavy loading/unloading operation
Logistics Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi13 March 2016
Organize activities smoothly, ensure all deliveries departed on time, learned how to expand my communications to create excellent relations. Followed accurately management instructions targets and goals. maintain excellent relations with workers. it was too hard to stand supervising loading and unloading under high tempreture with high humaidity. the most enjoyable part was when the delivery arrives on time and avoided rigs shut down which makes everybody happy and saved a lot of money. being thanked and appreciated from top management.
Excellent & Friendly work environment among the entire team
Sr. Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi10 May 2016
I feel so comfortable. The best health & safety services are first motive of my project management.
Unity of team is so positive, even the place locality and town environment is so hard & irritating.
Committee of welfare is very good.
Big Production, Slowly trying to evolve, Lately going into complexer reservoir, Good Experience, Mature Organization, Slow to Adapt Change
Senior Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi3 May 2016
ADCO is a goood company. The company is able to produce effectively complex reservoir system. The reservoir I work with are smaller (5 reservoirs; each of them<100 MMSTB) and thin reservir and spread across onshore and offshore, and it has significant diagenesis. But the adaptibility to change is very slow. Though my asset is most advance in ADCO, still takes its own course.
Overall good company.
Pros
Complex reservoirs; Good subsurface team, Big size, Deals in high volume
Cons
Slow to adapt change
Productive work space
Reservoir Monitoring
Well Design
Nodal Analysis
Artificial Lift , Gas Lift
Disappointing experience given the amount of overtime I gave ADCO, team leader was the worst I've ever known.
Senior reservoir engineer (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi21 May 2016
Disorganized team leader, left aspects of engineering in a shambles, no evidence of proper QAQC, inappropriate programs sent to the field and no consistent interpretation of well tests from engineers.

Work that should have been planned and completed last year left for year end so there was even less time than expected to complete a report write-up because other projects took priority- hence unpaid evenings and weekends. Being diligent I always said, but I wonder why I bothered given the way the Team Leader speaks to you.

I worked all hours (evenings & weekends) to completing a large report when others where not even completing a full day's work. Commitment from many was non- existent until very last minute, but if work not finished I had to complete it for the report. Management seemingly unable to control staff to ensure equality on work hours, but expat expected to pick up the pieces. If you're paid well it does not matter, but Team Leader doesn't care what hours you've done or how tired you are and will be rude, and will nag you like a madman even though the problem is other people failing to commit to the work.

Team leader wanting to sign-off on an important report even though no one in management has yet read through it!!

Narrow job description compared to jobs I have had in the past.
Pros
Waiting service for lunch as long as trolley not empty
Cons
Rude team leader, disorganized, treated unfairly
ADCO Experience
English Language Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZ31 March 2015
Salary and benefits are very excellent The company knows how to look after its staff financially. There is also an emphasis on having a balance between work and a life. The downside is unqualified and inexperienced people in managerial positions. Also the, poor attendance and work ethic of colleagues can be frustrating. This is not a company to work for if you would like to work in a professional working environment.
Pros
Salary package
Cons
Work/company culture
A great place to work and live
Solution Introduction Analyst UI / UX Analyst (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi21 May 2016
Since its being 4 years working in ADCO, its always fun, secure, and learning. Working with most of Professional across the globe i had learned and experienced new domains of work ethics like oil and gas, Health Safety and Environment, enhancing my leadership qualities etc.
working to me is compared to have fun because without work we cannot live to meet our personal demands.so i must be very happy at work
FIELD SERVICES OIL AND GAS CONTRACTOR ADCO (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi, AZ20 December 2013
IN SO FAR MY PAST EXPERIENCE, I HAVE MET SO MANY
CHALLENGING DAYS, SPECIFICALLY ONE DAY I WAS ASSIGNED TO WORK ON ONE WELL HEAD WHICH HAD MORE THAN 100 LEAK POINTS, BUT I MANAGED TO TROUBLESHOOT PROBABLY ABOUT 50% OF THE PROBLEMS.
I HAVE LEARNED SO MANY THINGS IN MY PAST WORK. INCLUDE WELLHEAD INTEGRITY CONFIRMATION,CONTROL LINE UNPLUGGING, BOTTOM HOLE CLOSE IN PRESSURE SOLVING(B.H.C.I.P).WELL HEAD REPLACEMENT, ALL PARTS REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AND MANY MORE.
MY MANAGEMENT HAS BEEN VERY STRICT AT WORK BUT VERY FRIENDLY TO WORKERS.
MY CO-WORKERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY FAMILY BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO WORK, WE ALL BECOME ONE FAMILY REGARDLESS OF THE SKIN COLOR AND NATIONALITY.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN TIME GETS YOU AND END UP FAILING TO FINISH THE WORK DUE TO CONTINUOUS PROBLEMS FOUND IN THE MACHINES DURING WORK.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF IT IS WHEN THE TASK IS DONE EVEN BEFORE TIME.
Pros
FREE LUNCH AND NINNER
Cons
LONG HOURS AT WORK ARE ALWAYS CONSIDERED OVERTIME DEPENDING ON THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
work is good and fun
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi14 June 2016
I had good experience working in many departments such as IT operations finance also I worked as a volunteer with HSE I participate in well fares as a catering coordinator
Pros
nothing
Cons
so long
N/a
Contracts / Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi22 May 2016
ADCO is one of the most company treat their employees as family.
ADCO has a very clear vision, mission and objectives which assist employees where they stand and how to move forward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADCO. Our community is ready to answer.

ADCO Reviews by Location